Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cold?

3 posters

Go down

Cold? Empty Cold?

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:15 pm

I am such a worrier when it comes to thumper Shocked

She is a house bun and has her own bedroom. Although she is a house bun, because of her age, I still worry about her being cold.

In the morning before I leave for work, I'm never sure whether to leave her window open (in case she gets a draft) or keep it closed (don't want it to be too stuffy) No

Do you think a house bun can possibly ever be cold?

I'm insane, I know!!!!!! pale
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Cold? Empty Re: Cold?

Post by lizzi_b Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:22 pm

i wondered the same, and i still haven't figured it out!!!
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:26 pm

Does she like to lie by external doors where there could be a draught?

I expect you live in a house with central heating and double glazing.... if so the only likely cold spot you should really concider is by an external door.

As for getting stuffy with a window closed... she won't use up so much oxygen on her own... not like having her family there using it all up.

I think Thumper will be fine. Clawed was 10 and lived in a house without central heating and double glazing.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:27 pm

lizzi_blackwell3 wrote:i wondered the same, and i still haven't figured it out!!!
You have no idea how relieved I am to hear that Laughing

Hopefully someone will have some advice for us Very Happy
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:38 pm

woodwench wrote:Does she like to lie by external doors where there could be a draught?

I expect you live in a house with central heating and double glazing.... if so the only likely cold spot you should really concider is by an external door.

As for getting stuffy with a window closed... she won't use up so much oxygen on her own... not like having her family there using it all up.

I think Thumper will be fine. Clawed was 10 and lived in a house without central heating and double glazing.
Thanks for your sane advice Laughing

I do indeed have double glazing and central heating. She doesn't tend to lie in front of doors at all, which surprises me as she's a bit dim when it comes to doors.

I'm finding it difficult to decide on this as my house has only been standing for 3 months so me and my o/h are still getting used to regulating the temp etc. But I think it's time I made peace with this instead of fretting about it all the time.

Maybe I should just leave the vent on the window open on the not too bad days Embarassed failed to mention
the vent in my original post!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:41 pm

One of my piggie books recommends keeping sheds at 10 degrees or above so I tend to think if it is that warm then the buns are probably fine too. Not that it ever drops to that cold in my house. The thermostat only goes down to 15.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:01 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:One of my piggie books recommends keeping sheds at 10 degrees or above so I tend to think if it is that warm then the buns are probably fine too. Not that it ever drops to that cold in my house. The thermostat only goes down to 15.
Thank you Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down