Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another indoor setup - *new pictures*

+7
KatieB
Sparky
icedancer
Tuckerbunnies
fall3n-ang3l
dizzylynn
marleyNfriends
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Another indoor setup - *new pictures* Empty Another indoor setup - *new pictures*

Post by marleyNfriends Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:28 pm

I just love C&C grids and puppy pens, you can do so much with them and be as creative as you want. Very Happy

The buns are coming in for winter again, their indoor setup this year is going to be 6ft x 3ft with a 2ftx3ft shelf. It needed to be quick and easy to clean, so instead of the fleece and foam mats, a nice lady in a local carpet shop gave me a lino offcut for nothing Smile Its going to be so much easier to litter train them on lino instead of fleece! They will have a cosy area in the "loft" though which will be changed weekly Smile

I havent finished just yet, but heres the shell...

Another indoor setup - *new pictures* 081220111357

Last edited by marleyNfriends on Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Another indoor setup - *new pictures* Empty Re: Another indoor setup - *new pictures*

Post by dizzylynn Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:38 pm

I need that, sorry need space for that lol I have NO space for anything.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Another indoor setup - *new pictures* Empty Re: Another indoor setup - *new pictures*

Post by fall3n-ang3l Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:42 pm

wow,that looks amazing
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:44 pm

dizzylynn wrote:I need that, sorry need space for that lol I have NO space for anything.

Thankfully i have quite a big bedroom, but all my furniture has been moved to one side of the room to allow for the pen! It would normally be fine, but with the gerbils and rabbits it seems a bit much! At least its only until spring.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:47 pm

We are in a bungalow, 3 bedrooms, small rooms with 3 kids, my craft stuff, rudy the bearded dragon, 2 snakes, leapard gecko, 2 dogs and 2 cats lol so its kinda tight in here.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:31 pm

haha you win!
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:39 pm

That's brilliant Sophia Thumbs Up

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:44 pm

Aww they are going to love it.

So happy for you that they are able to come in
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:19 pm

That's great Very Happy

You did well to get a lino offcut too - when my Humum asked locally she was told they even sell the little bits for peoples downstairs bathrooms etc.

Also glad they're coming in for winter Thumbs Up
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:32 pm

Looks brilliant hun. The buns are going to love getting to spend some more time with you too. how are the three of them getting on now.

Bunny Chaos is about to be unleashed in your room!!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:37 pm

Thanks everyone, im very happy with it so far Smile Skye piddled all the way through the tunnel, so ive had to swap it for something else, but apart from that, they havent wee'd in the cat cube or the cosy shelf.
I wanted them to be able to stand on their back legs wherever they went in the cage, so i made the shelf a little higher than usual, which is why theres a canopy. It stops them jumping out, but they can still stretch up if they want to Smile

Sorry theres so many pictures!

Another indoor setup - *new pictures* GEDC1793
Another indoor setup - *new pictures* GEDC1792
Another indoor setup - *new pictures* GEDC1791
Another indoor setup - *new pictures* GEDC1795
Another indoor setup - *new pictures* GEDC1794

The other great thing about having them in, i can see how they really interact as a trio when i wouldnt normally be around. Smile
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:43 pm

Sparky wrote:That's great Very Happy

You did well to get a lino offcut too - when my Humum asked locally she was told they even sell the little bits for peoples downstairs bathrooms etc.

Also glad they're coming in for winter Thumbs Up
I was lucky to get it, the first shop i went into wanted to sell me a piece slightly bigger than i needed for £40!! Shocked I found this place on a backstreet, the sign wasnt very clear, i was on my way back to the car too!

Katie I think their doing well, Marley spends equal amounts of time with both girls. Dolly still goes at Skye but shes getting more confident and a real pro at just jumping over the top of Dolly when she makes a B line for her! Laughing

Im leaving them to settle in and get used to the idea that they do their business in the litter tray before extending their free range time Smile If i give them too much space too quickly they poo all over the shop!
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzi_b Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:43 pm

aww that looks fab!!! Thumbs Up

I still need to put a shelf in Button's, loving the roof over yours!!

So glad your mum has agreed to letting you bring them in!! They look happy already!! Dolly looks so cute in the last pic!! Are they alright walking on the lino? I have towels over Button's and he has chewed several holes in them, but am scared of him hurting himself if i didn't put them in!!

I hope the litter training goes well!!
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:23 pm

lizzi_blackwell3 wrote:aww that looks fab!!! Thumbs Up

I still need to put a shelf in Button's, loving the roof over yours!!

So glad your mum has agreed to letting you bring them in!! They look happy already!! Dolly looks so cute in the last pic!! Are they alright walking on the lino? I have towels over Button's and he has chewed several holes in them, but am scared of him hurting himself if i didn't put them in!!

I hope the litter training goes well!!

Mum didnt really agree, she just gave up. She loves them indoors just as much as i do. She'll be in my room in the morning chatting away to them no doubt, ill put money on it! She just doesnt like the fact that i have pretty much given up my room to my furries. Rolling Eyes

Its Skye in the last pic Wink Theyre fine on the lino, but it does depend what lino you use. The self adhesive ones are terrible, I bought them months ago as a cheap alternative but theyre really slippy, i had to cover them with fleece before buying an offcut. The proper cusion stuff is textured and they manage fine. I wanted lino as it was easy to clean and cooler than fleece. Marley hates wood, laminate and any smooth flooring, the fact that hes quite happy says it all - hes a real worrier Love
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzi_b Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:37 pm

Oh god I don't know why I said Dolly, I knew it was Skye!! HBWS

I might try Buttons without the towels then, as its a stone floor effect, so isn't really smooth like some! Buttons is very much the opposite of Marley, He loves a smooth surface to lay on!! Rolling Eyes
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:59 pm

lizzi_blackwell3 wrote:Oh god I don't know why I said Dolly, I knew it was Skye!! HBWS

I might try Buttons without the towels then, as its a stone floor effect, so isn't really smooth like some! Buttons is very much the opposite of Marley, He loves a smooth surface to lay on!! Rolling Eyes
↲the girls are the same, they love smooth floors. Marley's just an odd bod. Last weekend, they were sharing a carrot and dolly ran off and dropped it on the wood floor. Poor marley sat on the edge of the nat staring at it. If he'd have put 2 paws off the mat, he could have got it easily. Lol.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:15 pm

I like the way you have used C&C grids and puppy pens, genius! Thumbs Up
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:42 pm

Vince the bunny wrote:I like the way you have used C&C grids and puppy pens, genius! Thumbs Up

Thanks Smile I only used C&C grids for the canopy, though i usually make the shelves out of them. I used their old outdoor puppy pen to make the shelf instead and covered it with foam mats.

The rest of the C&C grids are stopping them getting to my cables and i had just enough left to make a little 3 cubby storage block for their bits and bobs as they were starting to take over my wardrobe!

Im very pleased tonight as weve had no litter tray accidents since last night when i gave them an extra tray. Well except from when i caught Marley perched on my bath towel. I thought he was going to get comfy until i noticed he was sat in a bit of a weird position!! Naughty boy! Laughing
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:43 am

That's brilliant Sophia, I've just shown Mike the finished pen and he is very impressed Thumbs Up

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:03 pm

Wow! This has given me ideas. We're planning our bunn's habitat right now. Hopefully he will stand being in his cage during the night until then.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:11 pm

Where did you get yoru encluser hun, my niece wants an indoor bunny for her son, and this set up she liked for under her stairs.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:41 am

Brilliant set up!

I love that last pic of Skye.....how cute and adorable is that!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:34 am

Just caught up on this, love the pics of the bunnies in it. Love at Skye.

I really can't tell the difference between Dolly and Marley. You're going to have to give me some pointers because its annoying me now Embarassed
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:12 am

Glad you got it sorted with your mum and the buns can come in Very Happy

The set up is amazing Sophia, those CC things are brilliant, well done Thumbs Up
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:55 pm

Very Happy Thanks everyone! The buns seem to be happy too, though i think Marley is getting sore hocks - same scenario as when i first got Skye! Embarassed scratch Its very odd and i feel a bit guilty about it. Not doing anything at the moment as they arent actually sore, just a little red, callous dot. Going to see if i can work out whats causing it and talk to the vet on Friday.

As for your questions. Im not sure what you mean by shelter? The blue tent was from P@H, the orange cat cube was from Pundstretcher and the pen itself was from ebay. Its a 3ft high, 8 sided one but i bought an extra 2 panels for it.
Skye never wants to come out of the pen Katie! I open it up when i get home and she just sits watching the other two!! Laughing
Laughing at icedancer! ill have to tell you and then post a load of pictures to test you! Ill make a post when i get chance, just for you! Wink
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next