Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

stray bun

+3
Velvet.Tears
NickieM
fiver
7 posters

Go down

stray bun Empty stray bun

Post by fiver Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:49 am

i was in local pet shop yesterday morning and a woman brought in a carrier with a cute bunny (looked like a lion head) i asked and she said she found him (him) a boy how did she know
she said he was in a field and is very friendly.
call me suspicious but she knew he was a boy and he is friendly poor little fella i nearly came home with him but stopped myself Laughing Laughing

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

stray bun Empty Re: stray bun

Post by NickieM Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:49 am

She might just have called the rabbit a boy as a guess, some people do. At least she didn't just leave him in a field like so many people do. Hope he finds a nice home. So hard when you see these things so often. Sad

NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:57 am

NickieM wrote:She might just have called the rabbit a boy as a guess, some people do. At least she didn't just leave him in a field like so many people do. Hope he finds a nice home. So hard when you see these things so often. Sad

oh my Shocked do some people really just leave them in a field that is so sad.
your probably right maybe she did just say him just as a guess still sad though.

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:04 am

I'm afraid they do Rob, instead of looking for a new home they just release them
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:07 am

And it doesn't stop with rabbits. Down here people have just let their unwanted ponies out onto the common land.

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:08 am

surely they would realise that any domesticated pet could not survive in the wild Shocked
they obviously don't realise the danger of such an action.

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzi_b Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:34 pm

Sadly not Rob! they just think that because a rabbit is vicious and not cuddly it is practically wild anyway so it'll be fine, rather than realising it is like this because of their care!

And I wouldn't assume it was the woman's rabbit because she said he, most people assume certain animals are a certain sex just because they've only ever seen that sex of that animal! Like I've always had male cats and so always cal cats he without thinking about it! The woman may have only ever seen Peter rabbit so subconsciously automatically said he!
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:38 pm

The x-owners of Lucy Rose were going to dump her on the moors if they couldn't find a home for her, how long would she have survived with the muscle wastage in her legs and a tumour Sad

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:41 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:And it doesn't stop with rabbits. Down here people have just let their unwanted ponies out onto the common land.

Shocked a pony! That's just crazy

Tuckerbunnies wrote:The x-owners of Lucy Rose were going to dump her on the moors if they couldn't find a home for her, how long would she have survived with the muscle wastage in her legs and a tumour Sad

No Not long I imagine. Poor Lucy

I don't get the mentality of someone dumping a pet. I know sometimes people have to give up their animals, but there are always options rather than letting them free.
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:08 pm

icedancer wrote:
cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:And it doesn't stop with rabbits. Down here people have just let their unwanted ponies out onto the common land.

Not a pony, lots of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:52 am

ponies too they should be locked up for dumping pets.

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:58 am

I haven't heard so much about it yet this year but last winter people were letting their clipped ponies out onto Bodmin Moor to run with the wild ponies. Clips are designed to keep working horses cool and clean when working and the ponies will require heavy winter rugs when out in the fields. So these people were basically letting their ponies out to slowly freeze to death. Luckily a lot of them were spotted and sent to rescues but I believe some were not so lucky. It is also a huge job for rescuers to try and track the ponies down and get in off the moor.

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:55 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:I haven't heard so much about it yet this year but last winter people were letting their clipped ponies out onto Bodmin Moor to run with the wild ponies. Clips are designed to keep working horses cool and clean when working and the ponies will require heavy winter rugs when out in the fields. So these people were basically letting their ponies out to slowly freeze to death. Luckily a lot of them were spotted and sent to rescues but I believe some were not so lucky. It is also a huge job for rescuers to try and track the ponies down and get in off the moor.

In my opinion that should be a prisonable offence if they caught who done it. Is just cruel
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:04 pm

Round here it's cats. The local pigeon fanciers hate cats and trap them and take them out into the countryside to let them go miles from their homes. It's not unusual to see baskets of pigeons being released in a layby about a mile from where I live followed by a couple of boxes with maybe five or six cats in.
These are not feral cats but peoples pets who just happen to be seen hanging round a pigeon loft.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down