Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What can I do? Stray bunny on Facebook.

+2
fiver
marleyNfriends
6 posters

Go down

What can I do? Stray bunny on Facebook. Empty What can I do? Stray bunny on Facebook.

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:44 pm

College friend has found a rabbit. Shes the best friend of the girl I rescued Davie off. I saw her post of Facebook and have yet to comment on it. Im not sure what advice to give, other than bring it here and put some posters up and let me know if no-one claims it in a week. Hate to think what might happen to it, esp this time of year.

There are no rescues locally that they would drive to, even the closest one is an hour away, even then, i doubt they would have space. I really cannot afford to take one in now.

I have the playhouse, but it cant stay. Apart from telling her to drop it off, what can i suggest?

ETA: I cant hang around tonight as Im up at 4am to go to Nottingham. Ive posted this for now:
Is it safe and warm where it is at the moment? I cant take any more, but might be able to help. Unless you call the RSPCA. You cant rehome it unless nobody claims it within a week. Should put notices up, asking if anyone has lost a rabbit and to contact a certain number. Dont include descriptions or pictures, because if someone calls up, the description they give of it is the only way to know if its really theirs. x
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

What can I do? Stray bunny on Facebook. Empty Re: What can I do? Stray bunny on Facebook.

Post by fiver Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:59 pm

I can't see theres much you can do but advise your friend, could she not take the bun in temporarily and see if anyone claims him/her and in the meantime contact rescues/rspca and see if any would collect,
you have so much to concentrate on already and uni too x

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

What can I do? Stray bunny on Facebook. Empty Re: What can I do? Stray bunny on Facebook.

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:13 pm

Ive tried my best, but shes not a close friend. I probably talk to her more via Facebook than i do at college Laughing

Anyway, i left the above message and thats it. I have no plans on having it here. Ive just got too much going on, and not the money.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:14 pm

Where is it currently being kept? does her friend have a hutch/indoor hutch it can be housed in? are you sue it is a stray? As in did the girl have rabbits before? stray rabbits are very hard to catch is all. It may be worth finding out if there is suitable accommodation for it with her before you take it in.
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:42 pm

I think you have done all you can, Sophia - the fact they have asked advice and not chucked it back out in the cold is good. It's best if it stays in that area in case it is claimed. She needs to report it to the RSPCA and perhaps several local vets.

What did the girl actually say about it on FB?

You can't help everybun, it sounds like this one will be ok at least in the short-term.

Good luck at Nottingham Very Happy Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:43 pm

If I weren't so strapped for cash this week all my bills r out this week I'd have gone up to notts and it could have stayed with me and is have rehomed the rabbit myself as I know a few fosterers around my area being admin of pet groups I know a few people and always ensure safety of animals and do home checks etc. We have also stopped a few dog fighting rings too.
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:15 pm

I so wish i could help too, please keep us updated love.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down