Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think thumper is dying u/d she's gone

+27
Josie
Yodaphine
Catsknickers
fall3n-ang3l
LilyGrace
Becki
lizzi_b
Sharky87
KatieB
emma.b_90
Jodie
NickieM
Sparky
Felix&Willow
fiver
Jay
Big Ears
JoeyBunsMum
iiisecondcreep
woodwench
FarplaceRescue
Tuckerbunnies
Vince the bunny
icedancer
dizzylynn
Velvet.Tears
Thumper2001
31 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

I think thumper is dying u/d she's gone Empty I think thumper is dying u/d she's gone

Post by Thumper2001 Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:55 am

She's not eating, she's not drinking and she's just sitting staring into space rocking back and forth. And she has an upset tum.

I can't take her to the vet because OH is working, I fear the worst and can't take her myself if they want to PTS.

How can they say 'a few months' and now this???!

I can't even explain how I feel right now Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Thumper2001 on Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

I think thumper is dying u/d she's gone Empty Re: I think thumper is dying u/d she's gone

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:06 pm

I am so sorry to hear this.

Would you consider calling the vet out to you?

I remember a few years back one of my original piggies suddenly went down hill is a similar way and I found it so distressing - I called my best friend and cried down the phone at her. These are not times you should have to go through on your own. Is there anyone who could come around and sit with you?

My thoughts are with you and Thumper.

Hugs

Back to top Go down

I think thumper is dying u/d she's gone Empty Re: I think thumper is dying u/d she's gone

Post by Velvet.Tears Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:33 pm

Oh no Thumper come on little girl don't go now, please not yet you have to see the new year through. Maybe she is just having an off day?
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:42 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:I am so sorry to hear this.

Would you consider calling the vet out to you?

I remember a few years back one of my original piggies suddenly went down hill is a similar way and I found it so distressing - I called my best friend and cried down the phone at her. These are not times you should have to go through on your own. Is there anyone who could come around and sit with you?

My thoughts are with you and Thumper.

Hugs

Thanks Cheryl. We are going to take her together when he gets home. It wouldn't be fair of me to do anything without him getting a chance to say his goodbyes.

Velvet.Tears wrote:Oh no Thumper come on little girl don't go now, please not yet you have to see the new year through. Maybe she is just having an off day?
Oh how I hope you are right VT, but she does not look good at all. I really cant believe this is happening.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:42 pm

awww hun, like the others say you need someone with you, I was same when we had to take our wee rat to the vet, she had to be pts my friend from dundee was down at the time seeing me and she went with me to the vet as my hubby had to stay in with the kids. I cried in her arms, everyone else said its just a rat she buts in says its her baby so shut it, how old is thumper, is she young or is it at the natural stage for her Sad sad time.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:54 pm

Thumper is an old lady. She was found a stray so don't know how old she really is but I have had her for 10 years passed May.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:57 pm

Hugs If you do need anyone to talk to pm me and I'll give you my mobby number.

Poor Thumper, and poor you guys

Hugs Hugs
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:49 pm

Thumper died in my arms on the way to the vet.

Heartbroken doesn't even come close.

Sleep well my baby girl x x x x x
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:53 pm

I am so so sorry Crying or Very sad

Just try and take some solice in the fact she had a long and happy life with you, but I know right now that is no comfort.

RIP Thumper. Can't believe another of our gorgeous buns is at the bridge

Massive hug to you (I don't know your real name Embarassed ) Hugs Thinking of you lots.
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:58 pm

Oh, I am so very very sorry to hear this news. I don't even know you personally or little Thumper, but my eyes are welling up. I am so sorry she has gone, I had grown really fond of her and her hay eating/ lack of eating stories.
My thoughts are with you, I don't know what else to say, nothing I write will help but we are all here for you, you are NOT alone and we will ALL feel the loss of Thumper.
Sending vast quantities of Hugs to you at this very sad time. xxxxx
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:23 pm

Oh no I have just logged on to see how she was I can't believe she has gone oh I'm in absolute tears it's like losing one of my own buns, I had such a soft spot for Thumper.

Oh I'm so very very sorry Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Binky free forever precious little one at the Bridge xxxxxx

I shall go and light a candle for her Crying or Very sad

Thinking of you Hugs Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by FarplaceRescue Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:34 pm

So sorry to hear your news. Binky free Thumper. xx
FarplaceRescue
FarplaceRescue
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2011-08-16

http://www.farplace.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:58 pm

Sorry to hear that but at least you were both with her.

She was so lucky to have such a good life with you after a dubious start.

Binky on at the bridge Thumper.

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:17 pm

SO VERY SORRY....

Reading about all the wonderful bunnies on these pages I felt your Thumper was, in character, most like my dear old Clawed. I felt a real affection for Thumper.

Nothing I can say could ease your pain but I do hope you can find some comfort from knowing she was warm in your arms when her time came. She was safe and surrounded by your love and was spared the fear of the vets surgery.

RIP darling Thumper and if you should come across a bonny chinchilla doe with a certain look in her eye... well, heaven help everyone, you would make a formidable team!
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by iiisecondcreep Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:19 pm

So sorry for your loss, I haven't been on here long but I enjoyed reading about her antics and the picture of her on your avatar always made me smile, she seemed like such a fun and special bun Sad

RIP Thumper x
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:21 pm

Oh no, I am so so sorry Crying or Very sad

I know how much she meant to you, you were an amazing mum til the very end. She went to the bridge in the best possible way, in your arms with your love surrounding her. I know words won't be much consolation at the minute.

We shall all miss her. Sleep well darling Hugs

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:39 pm

So sorry for your loss.

I hope eventually you can take comfort in the fact that you were with her when she went. So sorry for the suddenness when you'd hoped to have a few more months with her.

Thinking of you.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:55 pm

Sad I'm so sorry, a little legend has gone, and it's a sad day for HH, and a terribly sad one for you. It's nice that Thumper went in your arms, but I understand your shock. She's just had enough today Hugs

She must have thought all her bunny christmas's had come at once when she came to live with you, and you've given her the best life she could possibly have hoped for.

Binky free Thumper, we'll all miss you x x
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:16 pm

i'm so very very sorry to hear about thumper we will always think of thumper Hugs Hugs
hope you are all ok x

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:17 pm

I'm so sorry to hear this, echoing what everyone else has said about the fabulous life she had with you, and what better way to go than sat with you - big hugs xxxxx
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1123
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:18 pm

Oh my god noooo, Thumper!!! I'm so so so sorry I can't explain how much I just ant to hug you right now Hugs Hugs Hugs Binky free Thumper
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:21 pm

JoeyBunsMum wrote:Oh no, I am so so sorry Crying or Very sad

I know how much she meant to you, you were an amazing mum til the very end. She went to the bridge in the best possible way, in your arms with your love surrounding her. I know words won't be much consolation at the minute.

We shall all miss her. Sleep well darling Hugs

Thumbs Up
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:12 pm

Oh no. Such a star, such a legend, such a character and one of those rare buns who touched all of our hearts.

I'm in floods. I can't imagine how you feel.

I'm so, so sorry. Please do take some comfort from the wonderful life that you gave her, and ten wonderful years she was able to share with you. I think that the way she came into your life is one of those things that was just meant to be, and that although she could not be with you forever, she no doubt influenced your life in many positive ways.

Thumper - superstar and HH legend - never to be forgotten.

Binky free at the bridge, Thumper - see you there one day Love
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:26 pm

Thank you all for your kind words and messages. Today has been the worst day of my life. I feel like I've lost my best friend, my baby, like my heart has been ripped out.

Everywhere I look in the house makes me think of her and it is so strange here without her. I've literally cried on and off from the minute I woke up.

I've had to move her towel and toys from the living room but I can't face her bedroom yet.

I slept in her room with her last night, so at least she didn't spend her last night here alone.

Although she died en route to the vet, after pulling over for a while, we continued the trip down the road to them. I left her there with them (which was so hard!) and she will be cremated and we will get her back in 1-2 weeks.

I really hope to have her home for Christmas.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:38 am

Hugs I hope she's back home soon.

Hope you managed to get some sleep last night. Thinking of you
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next