Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope..... U/D Saturday. WE GOT POOP!!

+8
icedancer
gentl
fiver
wizbit
woodwench
Tuckerbunnies
KatieB
FarplaceRescue
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Hope.....  U/D Saturday.  WE GOT POOP!! Empty Hope, Bracken and George need Nomming Vibes

Post by FarplaceRescue Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:29 pm

I had 3 bunnies neutered today. They are still not eating, drinking or pooing.
The gentle Hope who was attacked by (we think) a dog, and suffered serious neck injuries and broken ribs.
Hope.....  U/D Saturday.  WE GOT POOP!! Hope800x600

My beautiful little man Bracken - a gentle soul who is so very friendly:
Hope.....  U/D Saturday.  WE GOT POOP!! Bracken800x600

And my handsome friend George, who is so very inquisitive:
Hope.....  U/D Saturday.  WE GOT POOP!! George600x800

I am syringing Critical Care and they are on heat pads.

Im so very very worried.
Jan xx
FarplaceRescue
FarplaceRescue
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2011-08-16

http://www.farplace.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Hope.....  U/D Saturday.  WE GOT POOP!! Empty Re: Hope..... U/D Saturday. WE GOT POOP!!

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:35 pm

Vibes for all of them. Hugs

Back to top Go down

Hope.....  U/D Saturday.  WE GOT POOP!! Empty Re: Hope..... U/D Saturday. WE GOT POOP!!

Post by KatieB Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:35 pm

Sending Vibes Jan

Poor little buns - I hope they will be eating again soon x x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:52 pm

Sometimes it take a day or so for them to eat Jan, all bunnies are different but not many eat the same day when they have had a neuter/spay as they will be very sore and sleepy, did the vet give you pain relief for them? they should be a bit brighter tomorrow and eat something.

Sending them Eating Vibes xxxx

I love that Bracken, he's a gorgeous bun Love

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by FarplaceRescue Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:59 pm

I wasn't given any pain relief for them. Vet has just said to keep up with the critical care and keep them warm.
FarplaceRescue
FarplaceRescue
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:01 pm

Agree with Maysie. And, yes Bracken is extremely handsome. Best Wishes to all of them.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by FarplaceRescue Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:02 pm

Thank you xxxx
FarplaceRescue
FarplaceRescue
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by wizbit Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:03 pm

Poor you Jan, having 3 to cope with. I do agree with others that sometimes it takes them a while to start eating by themselves. I think it's the anaesthetic, it must make them feel grotty. You are doing everything you can, I would see how they are by morning and if they haven't improved then ring the vet. Sending lots of positive vibes. x

wizbit
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2011-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:25 pm

FarplaceRescue wrote:I wasn't given any pain relief for them. Vet has just said to keep up with the critical care and keep them warm.

We never syringe feed the day they come home as we expect them to not be interested in food as they really just want to sleep the anaesthetic off and we don't want to stress them but just keep them warm and quiet. Sometimes we will put a couple of Dandelions in with them but we only syringe feed them the second day after a neuter/spray if they still haven't eaten but they usually are by then. We have had an odd one take 3 days.

Some vets don't give Pain relief to take home and I don't know why as some buns do need it and it can be the reason they don't eat due to pain especially for the females as it's a major op Sad

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FarplaceRescue Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:29 pm

Thank you - I will try not to panic. I don't want to lose these precious lives. Too much sadness around at the moment, isn't there?
FarplaceRescue
FarplaceRescue
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:41 pm

FarplaceRescue wrote:Thank you - I will try not to panic. I don't want to lose these precious lives. Too much sadness around at the moment, isn't there?

Yes don't panic Jan just keep them nice and warm and let them sleep it off for tonight. I guarantee they will be feeling a bit better and hungry by tomorrow, let me know how they all go on Hugs

Yes I agree there is too much sadness around at the moment Sad

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:07 pm

awww hope they all get better soon
Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:16 am

Such adorable bunnies! I trust that they will all be right as rain very soon.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by FarplaceRescue Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:49 am

Bracken and George have eaten a little overnight. Hope hasn't managed anything. Still no poos from any of them. They are all warm and the boys seem comfortable. Hope is reluctant to move but is able to if encouraged. Worried.
FarplaceRescue
FarplaceRescue
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:28 am

FarplaceRescue wrote:Bracken and George have eaten a little overnight. Hope hasn't managed anything. Still no poos from any of them. They are all warm and the boys seem comfortable. Hope is reluctant to move but is able to if encouraged. Worried.

Hope may need pain relief Jan as she is the bunny that's got injuries as well as being spayed isn't she, the poos will come make sure they have plenty of hay if nothing else they will nibble at hay and keep the gut moving, by this afternoon the boys should be eating and pooing hopefully.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FarplaceRescue Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:30 am

Thanks Maysie. Will see how she goes while I feed the animals then ring the vet if she's still the same.
FarplaceRescue
FarplaceRescue
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:39 am

FarplaceRescue wrote:Thanks Maysie. Will see how she goes while I feed the animals then ring the vet if she's still the same.

I would Jan if she's in pain she won't eat and need's pain relief if you wasn't so far away I'd pop round with some Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:21 am

I agree with Maysie.

Back to top Go down

Post by FarplaceRescue Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:59 am

ok... I have spoken to the vet. I have metacam in, but didnt know how much to give her. She weighs just over a kg, but I have been told to give her a 7.5kg dose as rabbits absorb it slowly (??) and to give it to her 30 mins after the Critical Care. If she hasn't poo'ed or started to eat, they want to see her at 3:30pm.
FarplaceRescue
FarplaceRescue
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:34 am

Bruce is 1.75kg and the told me to give him a 5kg dog dog dose when he needs it for his teeth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:46 am

It's 0.4 ml per kilo Jan.

The dog syringes that come with the metacam have Kilo's written on them that's why they have said 7.5 kg dosage.

That works out at 0.5mls Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:23 pm

How are they all doing Jan? are the boys eating better and how's little Hope she should feel a bit better with her Metacam and may eat as metacam tends to give them an appetite.

Topping up the Vibes for them xxxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by wizbit Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:31 pm

How are things now Jan? Still sending vibes. x

wizbit
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2011-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:43 pm

Big vibes for them.

For a couple of days after Florences spay, she wouldn't eat unless it was handed to her. She could be surrounded by hay, but would only eat a bit if I gave it to her. It was the same with herbs and veggies. Will Hope take it from you if you offer it? She did refused to take her medicine though, so I don't think she felt that bad.

Fingers crossed for Hope.
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:46 pm

If Hope is still not eating Jan try her on some fresh herbs if you have any or can get some like dill, parsley, rocket or coriander. Sometimes when they won't eat anything else they will eat some fresh herbs.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next