Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Faith having a dental / UD Sunday 12:17 pm 'Nom nom nom'. .

+9
Felix&Willow
FudgesMummy
Dotdot
FarplaceRescue
Thumper2001
icedancer
Sparky
lizzi_b
Tuckerbunnies
13 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Faith having a dental / UD Sunday 12:17 pm 'Nom nom nom'. . - Page 2 Empty Re: Faith having a dental / UD Sunday 12:17 pm 'Nom nom nom'. .

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:11 pm

Felix&Willow wrote:Her tummy feels like bubble wrap? Was it a bodged spay? Was it Faith that was also attacked by a dog? Seems there is a long story to her history, poor faith! Glad she is obviously really happy with you and Mike bless her Smile

The vet doesn't know if it is a botched spay she won't know till she's opened her up and Faith need's to put some weight on before then.
I wouldn't like to say until we know for sure.

I feel awful as I guess we should have took her to an emergency vet to check her teeth, but our vet's were closed over Christmas, our vet was off for a week and we honestly thought another vet may suggest having her PTS and we knew our vet would give her a chance and do her utmost for her which she is.

I feel so guilty now Crying or Very sad

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Faith having a dental / UD Sunday 12:17 pm 'Nom nom nom'. . - Page 2 Empty Re: Faith having a dental / UD Sunday 12:17 pm 'Nom nom nom'. .

Post by icedancer Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:13 pm

Don't feel guilty Maysie, you do the best for your bunnies. And at the end of the day she is fine now, that's all that matters.

Hugs
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:15 pm

icedancer wrote:
Tuckerbunnies wrote:
Thumper2001 wrote:Cat gut? Excuse my ignorance but what the heck is that? What does that mean? scratch

It's sometimes used in Op's as a absorbable suture.

That's really gross. I feel quite pale

Is she home yet?

But that's what they use sometimes, our old vet use to staple the skin back together after a spay and then we would go back 10 days later for a vet nurse to take the staples out and if I took the rabbit I was nearly passing out as I can't look at them take them out, they are easy enough to get out it's the thought.

No she's not home yet, he's dropping her off and then going to get her lots of fresh herbs Wink

Last edited by Tuckerbunnies on Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:15 pm

Maysie don't feel guilty. You and Mike have done everything you can for Faith. You have made sure she has had the best care possible and she has eaten better than she could have otherwise hoped to do. Holding out for the right vet is not something to be ashamed of - the wrong vet might have made things worse not better!

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:16 pm

Is it normal for vets to use cat gut?

Don't beat yourself up, you two have kept her going Smile You can see how bright she is in the video you put up.

And you had no idea how bad the spur was. It's gone now, that's the important thing.

I bet she feels soooooo much better Smile

ETA, totally agree with Cheryl Thumbs Up
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzi_b Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:18 pm

I wouldn't feel guilty maysie, she seems to have just been getting stronger and stronger since she has been in the tuckerbunnies ICU! If you had taken her straight away to the vets and they tried to do a dental she may have not made it through, but thanks to you and mikes care she has been strong enough to get through today and her future now looks bright!!

Look forward, never look back! You can't change the past!

Last edited by lizzi_blackwell3 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:32 pm

Absolutely all of the above - you know what your doing, she may not have even been strong enough to go to the vet before now. Tuckerbunnies ICU is about right- crikey zero guilt required that bunny practically has the equivalent of BUPA at bunny Disneyland!
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1123
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Faith having a dental / UD Sunday 12:17 pm 'Nom nom nom'. . - Page 2 Empty SHE'S HOME :-)

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:33 pm

Mike said the vet doesn't think it's a botched spay she said they have used cat gut which some vet's still use but nowadays vet's usually use dissolvable stitches she said and when they use cat gut it feels lumpy a bit like feeling bubble wrap, she hasn't got adhesions though, her tongue will never heal she said because of the groove in it and she has an abscess on the bottom of her tongue but it's only tiny

Anyway here she is the little Princess a bit sleepy but she's back home with us, she loves her bunny napper
so we have just picked her up in it and put it in her indoor cage with her in so she's all snug now Very Happy

Faith having a dental / UD Sunday 12:17 pm 'Nom nom nom'. . - Page 2 Faith002-2

Faith having a dental / UD Sunday 12:17 pm 'Nom nom nom'. . - Page 2 Faith003-1

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:34 pm

....Doolittle manor... Smile
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1123
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:42 pm

lizzi_blackwell3 wrote:
Tuckerbunnies wrote:
Thumper2001 wrote:Cat gut? Excuse my ignorance but what the heck is that? What does that mean? scratch

It's sometimes used in Op's as a absorbable suture.

I'm assuming this is not the norm?! Was it a bit of a bodge spay then? I hope all the rest of her insides are ok!

Yes it can be the norm that's what vets use to use years ago and some still do use it. Our vet will check her insides when she is stronger she said it will take a couple of months for her to get strong.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:43 pm

I'm glad she's home. The news seems pretty positive:

Teeth issues - better for now and can be sorted out.

Tummy - not an abscess or growth, can be sorted out.

She couldn't have got better care than she's had with you guys, and a lot of people would not have been able to pull her through even this far.

Come on now Faith, pile on those ounces Love
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:44 pm

Felix&Willow wrote:....Doolittle manor... Smile

Laughing Laughing

Oh you do cheer me up you lot!

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:48 pm

Those photos are adorable. She looks so happy to be home.

I'm really not going to think about the cat gut anymore, although I am slightly curious as to where they get it from, but I'm probably better off not knowing!

icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:54 pm

icedancer wrote:Those photos are adorable. She looks so happy to be home.

I'm really not going to think about the cat gut anymore, although I am slightly curious as to where they get it from, but I'm probably better off not knowing!

You may not want to read it but if you do it's all here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catgut

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:01 pm

Oh that's fine it's not from a kitty cat. I had horrible images in my head of cats dying at the vet and bits being taken.

I feel better now!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:11 pm

im so so happy she is home and made it safely through.

The good thing is now that you know what you are dealing with and so she will get everything she needs to recover.

She couldnt been in better care x x x

You two have saved her. x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Faith having a dental / UD Sunday 12:17 pm 'Nom nom nom'. . - Page 2 Empty Update Thursday 11:25 pm

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:39 pm

Mike has syringe fed her and she's had her meds and she has been nibbling some of her herbs and her hay Very Happy
can't believe this little bunny she is such a fighter she has gone through the trauma of being attacked and
mauled by a dog which must have been so terrifying for her, she has endured months of pain from a dental spur
which had grown across her tongue and so she couldn't eat or drink, she has taken all her meds and syringe feeds with
no problem at all and yet she is so gentle and loves a cuddle, she is amazing ! Love Love

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:18 am

Another little miracle bun.

I'm so glad she's done well with the dental and also that's she's eating even more on her own accord.
It's also good to know what is wrong and where you stand, you have possible answers and a plan of action so I'd say all is well so far.

Well done Faith Hugs

Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:02 am

I'm so happy that she is ok.

Goes to show what a little love can do for a bunny

Love
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Faith having a dental / UD Sunday 12:17 pm 'Nom nom nom'. . - Page 2 Empty UPDATE FRIDAY 10:17 am

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:20 am

A very empty food dish...she had eaten...............EVERYTHING Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

We are so happy!

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:32 am

Wow that is very good news!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:49 am

Amazing!!!!

And just to think a week ago that vet said she had no chance.
Well done for proving them wrong Faith you're a star Love
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:11 am

That is fantastic news! I bet your so proud of her.

She is a very special little girl. Go Faith!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:24 am

Such great news! Very Happy Sending lots of vibes too Hugs

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:15 pm

AMAZING, BRILLIANT, WONDERFUL NEWS!

Well done Faith and well done to you both! Im blown away!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next