Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please can we have some Vibes for Charlie x

+18
lizzi_b
Jay
JoeyBunsMum
Happy Hoppers
SarahJane
fall3n-ang3l
Tuckerbunnies
marleyNfriends
Velvet.Tears
Thumper2001
NickieM
Dawnbunny
Sparky
gentl
woodwench
icedancer
Amelia66
KatieB
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Please can we have some Vibes for Charlie x  - Page 2 Empty Re: Please can we have some Vibes for Charlie x

Post by Jay Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:49 pm

Hope Charlie's OK Katie, and they get to the bottom of it Hugs
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Please can we have some Vibes for Charlie x  - Page 2 Empty Re: Please can we have some Vibes for Charlie x

Post by lizzi_b Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:45 pm

I have only just seen this, I hope he is ok, how did the vets go? Sending lots of Vibes!! Hugs Hugs
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:12 pm

Well its not brilliant news im afraid.

He has overgrown teeth roots and although they are not pushing through yet they are dangerously close to doing so, there is nothing that can be done, we just need to keep feeding him hay and hope we can slow it down.

Im gutted.

He was supposed to have had a vet check - how any vet wouldnt spot those weepy eyes is beyond me. Poor little boy.

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:16 pm

Oh no, poor guy Sad

Are they teeth that could be removed if it came to that?

Are you going to have a word with the rescue about their 'vet'? I thought a lot of rescues gave a couple of weeks vet backup on adopted buns too...

I hope he has a real taste for hay and you can keep it under control Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:25 pm

oh no,poor little man,really hope the hay works Hugs
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:26 pm

Im going to speak to them tomorrow. They need a new vet!

He'll have not choice but to develop a love of hay....breakfast size is being cut in half from tomorrow. Poor Charlie he is so adorable, he doesnt deserve to have these troubles.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzi_b Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:05 pm

aww so sorry to have this worry so soon after them coming to live with you!! I hope he enjoys his hay diet! maybe get some hay cookies too for a bit of variety! Hugs
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:10 pm

Hugs How awful. Poor Charlie
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:11 pm

Awww bless him. How old is he Katie?

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:15 pm

He is only about 18 months old....so I dont think it bodes well for him if they are bad enough to be affecting his eyes already. I just dont know what can be done.

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:23 pm

I was wondering if that new root canal type procedure would be appropriate as it stops tooth growth but I guess that will cause problems long term and the tooth will get worn down and now regrow. I guess removal is the only option?

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:27 pm

Poor little guy. Hugs for you both

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:51 pm

Poor chap.... why do buns have to suffer so much? And of course their owners... Hugs

Cuddles to Charlie! Hugs
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by NSD Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:23 am

Oh I'm so sorry I'm late to this. Katie, you must be devastated. He's such a gorgeous little boy, like you said to be troubled with teeth problems after such a rough start isn't very fair. He is very lucky to have you and your wisdom in being able to spot weepy eyes and the symptoms and to take him to a high quality vet.

Hugs Hugs Hugs

Many cuddles and "eat more hay" thoughts to Charlie xxx
NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:32 am

Hugs Poor baby! Maybe a variety of hay would make it more palatable? I hope he gets enough nutrition with less pellets.

Healing vibes for Charlie and Calming vibes top up for all of you! Thumbs Up
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:27 am

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:I was wondering if that new root canal type procedure would be appropriate as it stops tooth growth but I guess that will cause problems long term and the tooth will get worn down and now regrow. I guess removal is the only option?

Ive not heard about that - where can I find more info??

Im going to give Mr C a ring and see if he can help at all.

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:23 am

Katie, just catching up with this and am shocked that you have ended up with a bun with tooth problems straight away. I think the rescue appear to have been very negligent in not giving you the whole picture so you can decide to adopt with all the information.

I would be inclined to give them a stiff phone call and request that they meet some of the costs you have incurred to date. At least that might make them a little bit more cautious about checking over buns.

Not telling people about prospective problems is not the way to deal with re-homing. All it does is end up with boomarang bunnies that bounce from one rescue to another if the owner doesn't have the resources or willpower to deal with the problems that come to light.

I hope that the wonderous Mr C can give you some advice and that Charlie, of the gorgeous splodge, can lead a full and happy life.

Hugs Hugs Hugs
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:26 am

Hugs Hope John can help hun xx
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:35 am

Reading this again I feel really annoyed and angry for you. Surely the point of his and Annies vet check was to find stuff out like that. I agree with Nickie, you should tell them. Alternatively send Sparky and Lil Loll over!

Seriously though I am really gutted for you. With Daisys health problems the last thing you needed was that.

Big Hugs
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:25 pm

I read about it here on the supreme ask the vet blog - http://networkedblogs.com/sHMjV

I believe that FHB has something to do with developing this procedure.

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:07 pm

This happened to us love when we had a GSD from a rescue. We took her to the vet only to find that she atopic dermatitis which cost us a lot of money, so I really sympathise. I agree, let them know.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:19 pm

Oh no I have only just caught up with this and I didn't realise Charlies problems were so bad, I'm gutted for you to Katie and I am apt to agree with NickieM and
think the rescue should help with the costs of Charlies treatment for you.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:56 pm

Thanks guys,

He is doing alright this eve, he's nervous of me because every time he sees me Im carting him off for something or other! bless his little heart.

I spoke to the rescue to day and they said they had no idea there was anything wrong........which saddens me that this could have gone unnoticed. We all know how well they hide illnesses but his eyes must have been weepie for some time.

Gorgeous Gorgeous little boy he is..... Im so in love with them both already x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:06 pm

Its an absolute godsend he came to live with you. Imagine if he'd gone to someone not as bunny savy *shudders*

Massive vibes for you, what rubbish luck. I hope Annie is ok.

You do question how they missed it though, and at the vet check. Poor baby. He's such a sweetie too.

Did you talk to Mr C?
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:15 pm

Yes I had a brief chat with Mr C, Im going to give charlie a couple of weeks to settle down, as its all been so traumatic for him and then Im taking him up there and Mr C said he will take a good look at him.

All said and done, Im glad Charlie is with me, I couldnt bare the thought of him being in rescue with this. At least I can give him a good quality of life and make him happy for however long he has x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next