Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please can we have some Vibes for Charlie x

+18
lizzi_b
Jay
JoeyBunsMum
Happy Hoppers
SarahJane
fall3n-ang3l
Tuckerbunnies
marleyNfriends
Velvet.Tears
Thumper2001
NickieM
Dawnbunny
Sparky
gentl
woodwench
icedancer
Amelia66
KatieB
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Please can we have some Vibes for Charlie x  - Page 3 Empty Re: Please can we have some Vibes for Charlie x

Post by Big Ears Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:17 pm

Katieb wrote:
cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:I was wondering if that new root canal type procedure would be appropriate as it stops tooth growth but I guess that will cause problems long term and the tooth will get worn down and now regrow. I guess removal is the only option?

Ive not heard about that - where can I find more info??

Im going to give Mr C a ring and see if he can help at all.

This gives a little more information on the dental procedure:
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?328146-Possible-Hope-For-Rabbits-with-Molar-Spur-Problems&highlight=harcourt

So sorry to read you've got rabbit with dental problems that quite obviously wasn't assessed properly. As others have said though - Charlie is extremely lucky to have found his way to you and be well looked after. I hope now that his problem has been discovered it can be managed and he can have a happier life.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Please can we have some Vibes for Charlie x  - Page 3 Empty Re: Please can we have some Vibes for Charlie x

Post by KatieB Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:25 pm

Thank you so much, that sounds really really hopefull - ill speak to Mr C about this.

It gives me a ray of hope x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:33 pm

Katieb wrote:Thank you so much, that sounds really really hopefull - ill speak to Mr C about this.

Looking at all the details I'm not sure how relevant it would be for Charlie, did he have any molar spurs? From discussions I've had with FHB about rabbit teeth the issue of tooth roots interfering with tear ducts probably won't be the same issues as the ones causing spurs.

Shadow has awful teeth and a permanently weepy eye caused by tooth roots but his teeth are weak and loose (most probably due to not enough calcium when growing) but he is very unlikely to get spurs, it just means when he eats anything hard the tooth roots, having grown too much, cause pain so he won't eat anything that causes this pain (eg hay), but one blessing is he is unlikely to need regular dentals for spurs... his teeth will just get loose/crumble and fall out instead Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Have you seen any issues with Charlie eating? Maybe it's a case of managing him rather than him needing regular treatment? I must admit I had a few sleepless nights when I took on Shadow and his brother Binky, thinking that they would cost a fortune in dentals but a year on and Shadow has only had the one dental, Binky no longer has weepy eyes and FHB described his teeth as "good" this week.

Edit to add: I *think* if the tooth roots are causing pain/damage elsewhere such as pushing against tear ducts, that it's possible to remove the affected tooth therefore the root will no longer be a problem and that they cope better without the tooth and without the pain/problems it causes. I don't think this is a huge procedure in the right hands.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:43 am

Poor Charlie Crying or Very sad . And poor you Hugs

I hope Mr C can give you a bit of hope. x
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:24 pm

Big Ears wrote:
Katieb wrote:Thank you so much, that sounds really really hopefull - ill speak to Mr C about this.

Looking at all the details I'm not sure how relevant it would be for Charlie, did he have any molar spurs? From discussions I've had with FHB about rabbit teeth the issue of tooth roots interfering with tear ducts probably won't be the same issues as the ones causing spurs.

Shadow has awful teeth and a permanently weepy eye caused by tooth roots but his teeth are weak and loose (most probably due to not enough calcium when growing) but he is very unlikely to get spurs, it just means when he eats anything hard the tooth roots, having grown too much, cause pain so he won't eat anything that causes this pain (eg hay), but one blessing is he is unlikely to need regular dentals for spurs... his teeth will just get loose/crumble and fall out instead Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Have you seen any issues with Charlie eating? Maybe it's a case of managing him rather than him needing regular treatment? I must admit I had a few sleepless nights when I took on Shadow and his brother Binky, thinking that they would cost a fortune in dentals but a year on and Shadow has only had the one dental, Binky no longer has weepy eyes and FHB described his teeth as "good" this week.

Edit to add: I *think* if the tooth roots are causing pain/damage elsewhere such as pushing against tear ducts, that it's possible to remove the affected tooth therefore the root will no longer be a problem and that they cope better without the tooth and without the pain/problems it causes. I don't think this is a huge procedure in the right hands.

Thank you so much, Im gonna let John have a look at him and tell me what he thinks and what if anything we can do. He certainly doesnt seem in pain at all, as he seems so very happy - they do hide it well though. He is in the garden at the mo having a good munch on the grass Very Happy
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:07 pm

How is he today love?

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:10 pm

He's really really good thanks Jo.

He has been binkying around the garden like a loon!

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:13 pm

That is wonderful news to hear love, please give him a noserub from his Auntie Jo - I think you deserve a treat too.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:45 pm

Glad he seems to be bearing up well and enjoying his new home. x

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:49 am

cheers Yeah Charlie! cheers

cheersBINKY BINKY BINKY BINKY BINKY cheers

gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:21 pm

Hey Katie! I've only just seen this.
Poor Charlie, this really isn't what he needs is it. He's very lucky to have you though, if he was in a less educated home this may have gone completely unnoticed. I'm glad he seems perfectly happy though.
I hope gorgeous Annie is looking after him!
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3