Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thumper2001's silly questions thread :) U/D Wednesday - nibbling!!

+9
icedancer
Dotdot
jolovesbunnies
KatieB
NickieM
fall3n-ang3l
Sparky
Tuckerbunnies
Thumper2001
13 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Thumper2001's silly questions thread :) U/D Wednesday - nibbling!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Thumper2001's silly questions thread :) U/D Wednesday - nibbling!!

Post by LilyGrace Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:38 pm

Mine have lots of things to nibble...and still nibble things that they shouldn't! It's frustrating Laughing
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Thumper2001's silly questions thread :) U/D Wednesday - nibbling!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Thumper2001's silly questions thread :) U/D Wednesday - nibbling!!

Post by KatieB Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:52 pm

Ooooo we have always had plenty of nibbling going on here!

Every door frame, skirting, door edge and floor edge has been nibbled! Every loose wire or bit of wallpaper has been chewed. Rugs are also a delight!

The outdoor buns have nibbled the bird table, the willow screening, the shed side, the shed door, the cover for the table and the little fences we have round the flower borders.

Daisy has mostly grown out of it but will occasionally do a run by nibbling or make a hole in the rug.

Things Daisy likes that he is allowed to nibble include willow balls, pear tree branches, apple tree branches and newspaper.

The outdoor buns love cardboard!

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:26 pm

My guys have one of these

https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/Toys+%252526+Fun+Things.6/Chill+n+Chew+Mat.467.html

It was actually Florences Christmas present, but Dougal has been enjoying it a lot more than she ever did!!!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:50 pm

Thanks guys Very Happy

Katieb wrote:Ooooo we have always had plenty of nibbling going on here!

Every door frame, skirting, door edge and floor edge has been nibbled! Every loose wire or bit of wallpaper has been chewed. Rugs are also a delight!

The outdoor buns have nibbled the bird table, the willow screening, the shed side, the shed door, the cover for the table and the little fences we have round the flower borders.

Daisy has mostly grown out of it but will occasionally do a run by nibbling or make a hole in the rug.

Things Daisy likes that he is allowed to nibble include willow balls, pear tree branches, apple tree branches and newspaper.

The outdoor buns love cardboard!

OMG Katie! How do you cope with all that nibbling? Laughing

icedancer wrote:My guys have one of these

https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/Toys+%252526+Fun+Things.6/Chill+n+Chew+Mat.467.html

It was actually Florences Christmas present, but Dougal has been enjoying it a lot more than she ever did!!!
Funny you should link this, I've just taken a brand new one of them out of a bag. I bought it for Thumper as a Christmas present to replace her one that she'd tiddled all over.

Last edited by Thumper2001 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Autocorrect, sometimes you just get it soooooo wrong :-0)
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:18 pm

Willow items are a must! Like Daisy, Joey loves apple twigs ( The Hay Experts have packs of them Smile )

Some old cardboard boxes are good too, especially if you cut a hole in so tthey can get in and out. It's dual purpose - hide out and nibble toy!

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:57 am

Willow balls and wood toys are great for nibbling and they are also healthy and good for the teeth

toilet roll inner's stuffed with hay are great as they can toss them about Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:36 am

You may find although you give the toys their mouths will slowly wander Laughing

Mine have had two willow balls, they ate half of each and then left the rest. I now have two willow ball halfs that they will not touch and they've been there for months. scratch

I've stuffed kitchen roll tubes with hay to throw around.

I recently got a little chew mat as well, I can't remember what its made of but it's not one of the grassy ones. They quite enjoy that.

Hay cookies/cakes are also a winner!
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:04 pm

Thanks guys Very Happy

I'm going to avoid hay cookies if at all possible, I remember Thumper used to just obliterate them without even eating them Laughing They're so messy Shocked Laughing
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:06 pm

Good luck for tomorrow hunni, try not to worry to much, you are a wonderful bunny mum, and Thumper will be proud of you.

You are doing a wonderful thing x x x x

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:18 pm

Katieb wrote:Good luck for tomorrow hunni, try not to worry to much, you are a wonderful bunny mum, and Thumper will be proud of you.

You are doing a wonderful thing x x x x

agree,hope your ok
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:35 pm

Thumper2001 - stop worrying! You will be a great bunny mum again!

Looking forward to hearing all about Children of Dave. Thumbs Up
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:57 pm

Thank you all!

I'm so nervous Laughing Thumper is the only bun I've ever known so this is going to be weird!!!!

Her room is nowhere near ready for them! Whoops, better pull my finger out!!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:04 pm

Enjoy every moment! I'm very excited for you
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:20 pm

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Can't wait for the stories and the piccies Very Happy
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:23 pm

iam also very excited about tom' cant wait to see them in there new for ever home,you should be very proud of yourself,you will be fine,try and not worry
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:55 am

I am so very excited for you! Two wonderful bunnies
to call your own! they are so lucky to have their
forever home with you. Love

i can't wait for pics!

~Holly~
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:28 pm

Im a girl on the edge waiting for news..........
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:21 pm

Katieb wrote:Im a girl on the edge waiting for news..........

me 2
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4