Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vibes Please for Parsley/Ud Tues 9:57am ' Getting Better':-)

+14
NickieM
Dotdot
marleyNfriends
Amelia66
Velvet.Tears
jolovesbunnies
kobikiki
JoeyBunsMum
icedancer
Thumper2001
KatieB
fiver
gentl
Tuckerbunnies
18 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Vibes Please for Parsley/Ud Tues 9:57am ' Getting Better':-) - Page 4 Empty Re: Vibes Please for Parsley/Ud Tues 9:57am ' Getting Better':-)

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:16 pm

Sixer wrote:I am so sorry you are going through this too with Parsley.

This is Nia who is also at the vets as she is not eating. Bunny tummies are such a worry.

Vibes Please for Parsley/Ud Tues 9:57am ' Getting Better':-) - Page 4 Rabbits-09092024

Sending loads of vibes that Parsley starts to eat soon xx

Oh so sorry you are going through it as well Sad

Nia is gorgeous and not unlike Parsley, she hasn't touched her breakfast at all not even shown any interst or give it a sniff it's almost as if she is full

Hope Nia ( lovely name) starts to improve and eats something, arn't they a worry Sad

Sending Vibes for Nia, eat for your Mummy sweetheart xxxxxxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Vibes Please for Parsley/Ud Tues 9:57am ' Getting Better':-) - Page 4 Empty Re: Vibes Please for Parsley/Ud Tues 9:57am ' Getting Better':-)

Post by Sixer Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:41 pm

There is nothing worse than seeing a bunny who normally dives into a food bowl, sniff at it and turn away. My heart just sinks.

Parsley is so very very pretty. What is going on with these lionheads at tha moment. Syringe feeding fluffsters is such a messy job Sad Nia, thankfully is quite well behaved but trying to feed Herbie is a nightmare - he tucks his chin into his chest so you can't get anywhere near his mouth.

The lady who runs the rescue where Nia came from kept a bunny going for a week on syringe feeds before he started eating for himself.

You are obviously doing a brilliant job with Parsley , am still sending loads of vibes xx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:56 pm

Sixer wrote:There is nothing worse than seeing a bunny who normally dives into a food bowl, sniff at it and turn away. My heart just sinks.

Parsley is so very very pretty. What is going on with these lionheads at tha moment. Syringe feeding fluffsters is such a messy job Sad Nia, thankfully is quite well behaved but trying to feed Herbie is a nightmare - he tucks his chin into his chest so you can't get anywhere near his mouth.

The lady who runs the rescue where Nia came from kept a bunny going for a week on syringe feeds before he started eating for himself.

You are obviously doing a brilliant job with Parsley , am still sending loads of vibes xx

We have had Kenzo with stasis and a dirty bottom and he's also a Lionhead and I have noticed Nia is and our Rosie had a big Op just before Christmas to remove a blockage and she very nearly died and she's Lionhead.
Parsley is getting dirty bottoms as well and the smell is awful which worries me Sad

Like you say your heart sink's you get up in a morning hoping that they have eaten and they are running round and you see the full dish and them sat there and your heart does sink you feel deflated.

If you have problems syringe feeding Herbie try a 'Bunny Burito' we had some customers that were having problems syringe feeding their boy and we showed them how to do a bunny burito and then she had a go at doing one with one of my soft toy rabbits Laughing and she text the other day to say she has no problem at all now and can get all his meds down him without a fight.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:09 pm

Thank you, I will try that next time. Underneath his fur, Herbie is a very tiny rabbit. His head is so small I find it difficult to try and steady it and get to his mouth without thinking that I am hurting him. He just hates being messed with.

Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:13 pm

Today I read on another forum that pumpkin was a great enticer
for bunnies with tummy troubles. I haven't tried it, but everyone
seemed to really rave about it. It's worth a try. The canned
(not baby food) puree would syringe OK I think.

Please Parsley love. Please eat for your hu-mum
and hu-dad. Your'e such a beautiful girl! Love

You need to non, nom so they can Sleep .
~Holly~
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:25 am

gentl wrote:Today I read on another forum that pumpkin was a great enticer
for bunnies with tummy troubles. I haven't tried it, but everyone
seemed to really rave about it. It's worth a try. The canned
(not baby food) puree would syringe OK I think.

Please Parsley love. Please eat for your hu-mum
and hu-dad. Your'e such a beautiful girl! Love

You need to non, nom so they can Sleep .
~Holly~

Thanks for this Holly we shall get some canned Pumkin tomorrow, we will try anything if it helps and makes her eat something.
I've just looked Pumpkin up for rabbits and it does say it's good for bunnies Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:31 am

I am so hoping there is some good news about Parsley this morning.

Is she producing normal poops at all or are they still malformed. If her poops are still not so good then there is obviously still something going on in her tum. Whether it is an imbalance in the gut bacteria or something else behind it is difficult to diagnose I guess without faecal/blood tests.

I do know that a hay only diet along with offering a selection of dried leaves can sort out gut bacteria imbalance problems. The affected rabbit tends to select the dried leaves that will best help their tum. But of course this is of no help if the bun is not eating on their own. I guess you will have tried Parsley with dried forage to tempt her.

I have found this - I have not read it all the way through but there may be something of help or interest in there.

http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&A=3012&S=1&SourceID=43

Thinking of you xx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:37 am

Is Parsley nomming yet?
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:17 am

Tuckerbunnies wrote:
Thanks for this Holly we shall get some canned Pumkin tomorrow, we will try anything if it helps and makes her eat something.
I've just looked Pumpkin up for rabbits and it does say it's good for bunnies Smile

Maysie, please be sure and let me know. I was quite curious
since they were all raving about it. I do hope Parsley will eat
soon. She is such a little lovel Love

I do hope you are getting some Sleep and Mike's headache
stays away.
~holly~
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:04 am

No change and a dirty bottom again we will continue to syringe feed and give fluids till she hopefully eat's .

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:13 am

Oh no, I was so hoping there would be better news Sad

Do you think your vet will think further tests necessary now?
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:42 pm

Come on Parsley Hugs

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:57 pm

Sixer wrote:I am so hoping there is some good news about Parsley this morning.

Is she producing normal poops at all or are they still malformed. If her poops are still not so good then there is obviously still something going on in her tum. Whether it is an imbalance in the gut bacteria or something else behind it is difficult to diagnose I guess without faecal/blood tests.

I do know that a hay only diet along with offering a selection of dried leaves can sort out gut bacteria imbalance problems. The affected rabbit tends to select the dried leaves that will best help their tum. But of course this is of no help if the bun is not eating on their own. I guess you will have tried Parsley with dried forage to tempt her.

I have found this - I have not read it all the way through but there may be something of help or interest in there.

http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&A=3012&S=1&SourceID=43

Thinking of you xx

We actually call Parsley, Parsley Poo but at the moment her poop is more sticky and soft, she has plenty of hay as all our lot have unlimited hay and some Western Timothy hay which she usually likes and we have loads of dried herbs as I sprinkle a handful over the hay for them. We add a little bit of Manuka honey and organic baby food to the Critical Care usually and they seem to enjoy taking the CC then.

Thank you so much for the link will have a look at that now, hope your buns are doing ok Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:23 pm

Like you we are are on unlimited hay in litter trays, with the more expensive posher hay going into the hay racks. Ours get dried herbs and a small amount of redigrass last thing at night when they have their final check for the day. This is the one meal that all six can be guaranteed to pile into so if this is spurned I know we have a problem.

And like you, I tend to mix some baby food into the Critical Care. We are obviously singing from the same hymn sheet. How can it be that rabbits can be such complicated creatures to care for when things start to go wrong. I am sure you must be so stressed and worried about Parsley. Huge hugs for you and Mike Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:47 pm

Oh i was so hoping for better news. Come on Parsley!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:10 pm

Just been to look in Parsley's dish and she has nibbled at the herbs, could this be the start of her eating again, hope so .

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:54 pm

Happy Dance cheers Happy Dance cheers Happy Dance

That is so lovely to hear - am keeping everything crossed that she is on the way to getting back to normal xx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:01 pm

Yaaay!!! cheers
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:06 pm

Phew! Keep going gorgeous

Love
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:28 pm

Brilliant news!

Get it down you Parsley!!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:55 pm

cheers yaay i hope it continues Hugs
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:47 am

I pray that at next check she will have really nommed a lot more.
Sweet little fluff-head. Love

Hope u get some sleep.

~holly!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:53 am

gentl wrote:I pray that at next check she will have really nommed a lot more.

Hope u get some sleep.

~holly!

I'm still up and she has nibbled a little bit of her herbs tonight Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:36 am

Tuckerbunnies wrote:
gentl wrote:I pray that at next check she will have really nommed a lot more.

Hope u get some sleep.

~holly!

I'm still up and she has nibbled a little bit of her herbs tonight Smile

Bless you Maysie! I'm 6 hrs behind you time wise and
I just fell asleep while answering another post. ROFL
You must be exhausted! You love your bunns SO much!
I'm sure they give it all back!

~holly~
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:04 pm

A great start! Keep it up Parsley Hugs
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next