Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ruby ( Charlies girl) advice please.

+4
Sparky
Dotdot
KatieB
Tuckerbunnies
8 posters

Go down

Ruby ( Charlies girl)  advice please. Empty Ruby ( Charlies girl) advice please.

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:09 pm

Mike is in with Ruby now and has put Charlie on the floor so she can spend some time with him but she won't go near him she is sat eating hay in her big litter tray does this mean she know's he's gone to the Bridge Crying or Very sad

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Ruby ( Charlies girl)  advice please. Empty Re: Ruby ( Charlies girl) advice please.

Post by KatieB Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:14 pm

Hey Maysie,

I really really dont know hun, If she has seen him and knows he is there, thats all you can do.

Im sending you millions of love x x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Ruby ( Charlies girl)  advice please. Empty Re: Ruby ( Charlies girl) advice please.

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:25 pm

Katieb wrote:Hey Maysie,

I really really dont know hun, If she has seen him and knows he is there, thats all you can do.

Im sending you millions of love x x x

Thank you Katie Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:35 pm

I really don't know, what if you pop her near him?

I hope Ruby does okay without him, I also hope that you and Mike are holding up Hugs
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:45 pm

Dotdot wrote:I really don't know, what if you pop her near him?

I hope Ruby does okay without him, I also hope that you and Mike are holding up Hugs

Mike did but he said she just didn't seem interested in him and walked off. We don't usually do this you see we showed Kenzo Hope when she died and he has suffered with depression and tummy problems since although he is not so bad now as he likes Jess. We have always believed rabbits know when their companion is ill or gone because they can smell sickness and death as most animals can.

I would feel a lot better if I knew Ruby will be ok without him, we have talked about bonding Barry with Ruby eventually as we think he is far to much for Lucy Rose and I honestly think with the problem of her muscle wastage in her legs and the fact she doesn't move far Lucy Rose is quite happy as a single bun at the moment.

Thank You Dotdot xxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:38 pm

Humum says:

It's so difficult to know what goes on in a bun's head (and a lot of the time you probably wouldn't want to Wink )

We weren't sure if we should have brought Mrs D home for Jack to see, but thought that in the wild buns probably die one of two ways. Either out of the warren, away from the rest of the tribe, in which case as far as the other buns are concerned they just vanish. Or in the warren, close to the rest of the tribe, when they may be more aware. I don't know if poorly bunnies tend to take themselves off from the warren anyway Hmmm (or perhaps even are driven away).

So it's difficult to give an opinion on which is the 'more natural' for the surviving bunny.

The one thing with Jack was that he was obviously very lonely once his only companion was gone. He interacted with us much, much more (instead of thumping and running away if we looked at him Rolling Eyes ). As tough as it was and as strange as it felt to bring a new bunny into the household five days later, it was absolutely the right thing to do for Jack. Whether this would be appropriate for every bun is not something I could guarantee either, and we did get incredibly lucky with Layla as she is a complete sweetheart.

I was no more help there than Sparky would have been, was I? Embarassed
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:42 pm

Hugs
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:42 pm

Sounds to me that perhaps it isnt interested in him but she knows its isn't him anymore that she can't feel his soul like she could before if that makes sense?
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:49 pm

Hugs Hugs
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:06 pm

not sure hun but i think they do have a keen sense myself as they seem to know when your not at your best,
lots of hugs to you all at tuckerbunnies Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down