Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do your rabbits think of worms?

+3
SarahJane
gentl
4390evans
7 posters

Go down

What do your rabbits think of worms? Empty What do your rabbits think of worms?

Post by 4390evans Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:27 am

Ive been out in the garden over the past few days digging over the garden with the girls all gathered round looking for roots, I find they leave the ones that are next to worms till they have gone away.

When I get a new girl they always react the same to fresh dug soil, whats yours like?

I also wonder what they think when they see them?
4390evans
4390evans
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2011-08-01

http://www.mmatotalcombat.com

Back to top Go down

What do your rabbits think of worms? Empty Re: What do your rabbits think of worms?

Post by gentl Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:35 pm

We had some bad storms 2 wks ago and the ground was saturated. We had earth worms crawling up the wheelchair ramp and somehow they got through the threshold Shocked

I heard Thumper thumping like mad. There was a foot long earthworm in the middle of our living room carpet! I can't believe he was frightened though. But perhaps he was. Probably just saying 'My house, my carpet, my hu-slaves."

~holly~
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

What do your rabbits think of worms? Empty Re: What do your rabbits think of worms?

Post by SarahJane Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:24 am

They don't do anything really, although I did see Jelly kill a spider once. pale
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:34 am

SarahJane wrote:They don't do anything really, although I did see Jelly kill a spider once. pale

I remember Paris once killed a spider, it was huge!!!! Shocked pale
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by FudgesMummy Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:50 am

Fudge never came across worms but he HATED spiders with a passion and would thump and thump and thump until Mum dealt with it! If I wasn't around to deal with it he would trash his room (tip things, chuck things, up end his litter tray) until the spider disappeared! Laughing

It was his little quirks that made him and made me love him more Love

Deeva is yet to come across creepie crawlies
FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1577
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:33 pm

FudgesMummy wrote:Fudge never came across worms but he HATED spiders with a passion and would thump and thump and thump until Mum dealt with it! If I wasn't around to deal with it he would trash his room (tip things, chuck things, up end his litter tray) until the spider disappeared! Laughing
If you weren't around to deal with it, maybe it was the spider who trashed Fudge's room and that's why he always let you know when they turned up. Clever Fudge Smile
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:40 pm

FudgesMummy wrote:Fudge never came across worms but he HATED spiders with a passion and would thump and thump and thump until Mum dealt with it! If I wasn't around to deal with it he would trash his room (tip things, chuck things, up end his litter tray) until the spider disappeared! Laughing

It was his little quirks that made him and made me love him more Love

Deeva is yet to come across creepie crawlies
I don't recall Thumper ever coming across a worm but she was terrorised by a giant slug before she became a house bunny. It used to come in the dead of the night and all I'd hear was thump, thump, thump!! She was in a 2 floor hutch and it was on the ground!! Nowhere near her!!!

It was too icky for me to pick up so I just let her sleep in the kitchen when it came! It returned one evening when I had one of my male friends over so he picked it up and took it to the field round the corner.

Honestly it was HUGE!! I have a pic of it somewhere!!

The bit in bold about Fudge is EXACTLY what Thumper was like with spiders. Many a time I had to rescue her in the middle of the night. Both as an outdoor and indoor bun!!

She hated all creepy crawlies! Like Kelly, it was something that made me love her even more Love Love Love
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down