Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chudleigh has had a massive heart attack...he's gone :-(

+15
Sue_pawz
Amelia66
Yorkshire Debs
Dotdot
Becki
fiver
Thumper2001
jolovesbunnies
gentl
KatieB
JoeyBunsMum
icedancer
Sparky
Rachel&Nibbler
Tuckerbunnies
19 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Chudleigh has had a massive heart attack...he's gone :-( - Page 2 Empty Re: Chudleigh has had a massive heart attack...he's gone :-(

Post by Sparky Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:22 pm

Oh Chudleigh, what big eyes you have Love Love Love Love

I hope you feel better soon Hugs Hugs

Maysie - has he ever had a course of Panacur? I've just been scanning a bit on the net about bloat and there seems to be a lot of opinion that it can be caused by the E Cunili parasite even if the bun does not present with the usual head tilt etc symptoms. One of the meds I had was Panacur. Of the three I was on, it's impossible to say whether it was that or one of the others which made the difference but the difference was noticeable.
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Chudleigh has had a massive heart attack...he's gone :-( - Page 2 Empty Re: Chudleigh has had a massive heart attack...he's gone :-(

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:35 pm

From what I remeber of the packet I think Buns like Chudleigh are who they were targeting with the sensitive food. I know several people who have also seen reduced stomach issues when they are put on excel light. I think the junior and dwarf are richer and therefore I thought more likely to cause problems. Or you could try Supreme's vetcare plus digestive health. Expensive but it has a dramatic effect on my pair's poos and again is designed to improve digestive issues. Ask your vet as I got free samples from mine and I noticed the other day that they still have free samples.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:42 pm

Sparky wrote:Oh Chudleigh, what big eyes you have Love Love Love Love

I hope you feel better soon Hugs Hugs

Maysie - has he ever had a course of Panacur? I've just been scanning a bit on the net about bloat and there seems to be a lot of opinion that it can be caused by the E Cunili parasite even if the bun does not present with the usual head tilt etc symptoms. One of the meds I had was Panacur. Of the three I was on, it's impossible to say whether it was that or one of the others which made the difference but the difference was noticeable.

He was put on a course of Panacur when we first got him as we put them all on it just in case, I have just mentioned this to Mike and he said we will get him a bit better then start him on a course of Panacur Thumbs Up

* I shall blame you Sparky when Chudleigh complains of the awful Panacur taste in his mouth *  Chudleigh has had a massive heart attack...he's gone :-( - Page 2 Muahaha-1

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:46 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:From what I remeber of the packet I think Buns like Chudleigh are who they were targeting with the sensitive food. I know several people who have also seen reduced stomach issues when they are put on excel light. I think the junior and dwarf are richer and therefore I thought more likely to cause problems. Or you could try Supreme's vetcare plus digestive health. Expensive but it has a dramatic effect on my pair's poos and again is designed to improve digestive issues. Ask your vet as I got free samples from mine and I noticed the other day that they still have free samples.

Chudleigh is on SS Jr & Dwarf I thought it was Excel, I think we may put him on the Burgess sensitive as what I read about it sounds very good.

'Thanks Cheryl'
x

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:47 pm

I really hope that the new food helps him Maysie, and that his teeth are just dandy.

Sending you some massive kisses Chuds, you gorgeous gorgeous little chap x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:50 pm

Oh he is gorgeous Love topping up the vibes, hope he's better soon
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:55 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:* I shall blame you Sparky when Chudleigh complains of the awful Panacur taste in his mouth *  Chudleigh has had a massive heart attack...he's gone :-( - Page 2 Muahaha-1
I'll send him a bottle of my Special Carrot Juice (well, mostly carrot... well, some carrot) to take the taste away. And Panacur is not as bad as Baytril...
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Becki Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:14 pm

Isn't he cute! Sending lots of hugs for him xxx
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:29 am

How is he now?
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Chudleigh has had a massive heart attack...he's gone :-( - Page 2 Empty UPDATE 12:29 am

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:32 am

Mike's just syringe fed him and given him some fluids again, neither Jamie or Chudleigh ate their pellets at breakfast so I have had to give them a tiny dish of greens and Mike also put some readigrass in with their hay.

He is a big worry and I think it will be another long night as we can't afford for him to get a low temperature or he will go into shock.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:09 am

Oh no! Mega vibes via Haremail for Chudders and some for Jamie as well. As I write this, I figure the Sun is probably rising there about now and I hope he did well during the night. Hugs for you and gentle nose touches to Chudleigh.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Chudleigh has had a massive heart attack...he's gone :-( - Page 2 Empty UPDATE SUNDAY 11:36 am

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:41 am

No real big change he is still just sitting in his indoor hutch looking very sorry for himself, Mike has syringe fed him and given him fluids this morning and he has nibbled on hay, the fact he hasn't touched the pellets but ate a little coriander makes me think it's a dental problem so he will be booked in tomorrow to see our vet for Tuesday. He has a heat pad every single day which he sit's on at all times, in the hot few days we had last Summer all our buns had an ice-pod in with them except Chudleigh who was sitting on his heat pad Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:10 pm

Come on Chudders!! Try and eat a bit!!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:08 pm

Sending vibes for Chudleigh. He is a beautiful little boy, I hope he gets nomming soon x

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:24 pm

Come on chudleigh!

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:32 pm

Come on chuds xxxxx
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:16 pm

Fingers and paws crossed for Chudders.
He is such a GORGEOUS little thing Love
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Chudleigh has had a massive heart attack...he's gone :-( - Page 2 Empty UPDATE 2:44 pm Monday

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:58 pm

Still being syringe fed although he did have some dill last night which he seemed to enjoy, he's booked in at the vet's for Friday as our vet is off till then taking a well earned break.

Chudleigh has had a massive heart attack...he's gone :-( - Page 2 ChudleighFlint001-2

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:53 pm

Top-up vibes for Chudleigh Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:56 pm

More vibes this end for Chudleigh
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:43 pm

oh come on chudders start noming vibes in triple extra strentgh for you and hugs too Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:28 pm

he looks a little brighter in that last pic Maysie?

Sending a vibe top up!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:13 am

Sending more vibes, hope he's back to full strength soon!
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:59 am

How's Chudleigh today?
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:15 pm

No change Carla he seem's to be up and down.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next