Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

URGENT APPEAL! Rescue space needed for 40 rabbits!

+9
Rachel&Nibbler
JoeyBunsMum
dizzylynn
Velvet.Tears
Sparky
Tuckerbunnies
KatieB
Thumper2001
AnnaT
13 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

URGENT APPEAL! Rescue space needed for 40 rabbits! - Page 5 Empty Re: URGENT APPEAL! Rescue space needed for 40 rabbits!

Post by dizzylynn Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:47 pm

See there are so many folks willing to help just given enough time to do it and get to the bunnys, a few more days or week would be enough to safe these little furrys who didnt ask to be stuck for homes.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

URGENT APPEAL! Rescue space needed for 40 rabbits! - Page 5 Empty Re: URGENT APPEAL! Rescue space needed for 40 rabbits!

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:08 pm

dizzylynn wrote:See there are so many folks willing to help just given enough time to do it and get to the bunnys, a few more days or week would be enough to safe these little furrys who didnt ask to be stuck for homes.
Again, well said!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:53 pm

Just checked on the RACR Facebook page there are 10 left.

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:00 pm

Thank you for the update Smile

I am hoping so much that they can all be saved. As we all are of course.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaT Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:17 am

Katieb wrote:
AnnaT wrote:
Katieb wrote:Or if they can offer foster space?

They would need to contact Andrea at RACR who is organising everything

racr.rescue@sky.com

Anna,

Before I post on our FB page do you know if she would be happy for us to do so?

She wont mind, it's her rescue email that's on her FB and website.
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2916
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:40 am

Thats fab news, they should be able to hopefully hold onto the 10 till they can be taken, fingers crossed works out.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue_pawz Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:17 am

Pawz may be able to take a couple - I'll go and post on the FB wall now.

As to the vets putting healthy animals to sleep... if all vets refuse, what happens then? I guarantee it won't stop people getting rid in whatever way they can, which doesn't bear thinking about, and many rescues, as is being seen, are full to bursting. At least if a vet does it it's quick and painless. This is NOT me saying I agree with it, I would like to stress.

These kinds of situations break my heart Crying or Very sad
Sue_pawz
Sue_pawz
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2603
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://www.pawzforthought.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:43 pm

If this is true this is ridiculous... someone's posted on Facebook that this woman has already advertised for selling more rabbits - http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/105529708/5-mix-breed-rabbits.html

Problem with just going on what other people are saying is that as soon as a rumour starts, even if it's true or not things can easily get out of hand..I try not to believe it all straight away but this is rather worrying, especially as that image is the same as what's on the 'rabbits are us' page, does anyone who's been in contact with the rescue's sorting her mess out know if she's being investigated or anything? I have no idea how you'd go about this, could I just contact the local RSPCA and ask them? I'd assume that information wouldn't just be given out willy-nilly!
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:39 pm

According to the RACR Facebook group all buns have been saved Very Happy
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaT Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:41 pm

Yes - half were sold to randoms though. I already know which ones I am taking - watch this space and I will post piccies when they arrive Smile

All rabbits left are sorted. HUGE thank you to everyone on here xx
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:48 pm

That's great news! I'm so pleased. Let's just hope the people who bought some of them are crazy bunny folk like us who heard about them on other bunny forums!!

I only wish the other 20 mentioned were given the same chance Sad
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaT Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:49 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:

I only wish the other 20 mentioned were given the same chance Sad

Me too Sad As you said, hopefully they were good bunny homes.
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaT Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:57 pm

The bunnies coming to us will arrive on Saturday Smile
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:07 pm

I so wish I could help. I am in tears reading about bunnies needing homes.

Hugs

JOxx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:17 pm

What a fabulous effort by everybody involved cheers
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:39 pm

Good news that all the buns have been saved. Happy Dance

Any chance of there being any reprisals for the woman so as to stop this happening again?

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:51 pm

That is fantastic news! cheers

As has already been said, it's a shame the other buns didn't get the same chance Sad

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:52 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:Any chance of there being any reprisals for the woman so as to stop this happening again?
It seems unlikely Sad as any animals seem to be kept in such a way that meets the minimum requirements that the RSPCA would demand.
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:19 pm

If anybody wants to make a contribution to the rescue who co-ordinated getting these rabbits to safety, and who have taken on four themselves to care for, RACR's Paypal address is:

racr.rescue@sky.com

Gizmo and I have sent this week's pocket money (and Humum thought that was so nice of us she went out and bought us a load of treats and toys anyway Laughing )
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:55 pm

Do we have any updates on how many rabbits were retreived and whether it went well?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:01 pm

To the best of my knowledge:

When RACR first went on Thursday morning there were not as many as 40 rabbits. It seems that some had been sold to individuals following the original Facebook post. Around 20 - 25 rabbits (all those which were left) were eventually removed and found places in rescues, going to RACR, FurryFriends, Animal Lifeline amd Eastbourne Rabbit Rescue.

Apparently they were fit and healthy rabbits living in reasonable conditions - it is not the case that they were living in filth, neglected or in need of urgent medical attention. However, I do understand that they were not neutered or vaccinated so there are obviously those costs to be met before the buns can be found homes.
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:07 pm

Well that is something at least. I did get the feel that there was a degree of trolling going on on the facebook page and that it was impossible to tell truth of the situation. Did they take all the hutches as well do we know?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:22 pm

I think that an awful lot of people were being very quick to judge and to believe everything each other were saying. The one person who has been in there and offered an opinion (Andrea from RACR) has stated that the lady involved is obviously quite unwell.

I'm not sure whether all of the hutches were removed, or only those needed to accommodate the rabbits which were taken.
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:58 pm

Is the place now a rabbit free environment? Do you know?
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:02 pm

I will donate some money later today to help.

What a sorry affair the whole thing has been.

Big thanks to everyone involved including all the Hoppers who offered help, researched rescues and offered to donate.

You guys are the best.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next