Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

URGENT APPEAL! Rescue space needed for 40 rabbits!

+9
Rachel&Nibbler
JoeyBunsMum
dizzylynn
Velvet.Tears
Sparky
Tuckerbunnies
KatieB
Thumper2001
AnnaT
13 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

URGENT APPEAL! Rescue space needed for 40 rabbits! - Page 4 Empty Re: URGENT APPEAL! Rescue space needed for 40 rabbits!

Post by AnnaT Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:19 pm

JoeyBunsMum wrote:I'm practically ten mintues away. Is it too late?
Thank you for this. RACR are only in contact via PM with the husband. We don't have an address. Emma (who runs Furry Friends) is trying to locate the rescues address now.
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2916
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

URGENT APPEAL! Rescue space needed for 40 rabbits! - Page 4 Empty Re: URGENT APPEAL! Rescue space needed for 40 rabbits!

Post by JoeyBunsMum Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:28 pm

Please let us/me know if there is any chance to help these poor babies.

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:28 pm

Trying to locate an address through the postcode and found this if it's of any help - http://www.doogal.co.uk/ShowMap.php?postcode=DE21%206UH

It at least shows whereabouts she is, if not an exact spot.
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaT Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:29 pm

Rachel&Nibbler wrote:Trying to locate an address through the postcode and found this if it's of any help - http://www.doogal.co.uk/ShowMap.php?postcode=DE21%206UH

It at least shows whereabouts she is, if not an exact spot.

It's home run, so no indication of which house it is.
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FudgesMummy Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:40 pm

Bet the local neighbours would help if they knew the situation.
FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1577
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:40 pm

I found the postcode and street but obviously we don't know which house as Anna says.

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:41 pm

FudgesMummy wrote:Bet the local neighbours would help if they knew the situation.

Well possibly but it's a bit of a erm, not so great area lets say.

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:50 pm

Deleted.

Last edited by Thumper2001 on Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:00 pm

I have just found the address using their surname from Facebook and phone number from website and Bt.com

I'm not going to post it on here, but pm me if anyone can help. Sadly I'm miles away.
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:02 pm

Is this the point to try the rspca again. It is one thing to have animals put down because they have no homes but another thing to put them down when places are being arranged. Is it also worth contacting local vets and appealing for them to intervene? I am sure on the facebook thread on the original page that someone said the local pet shop know where to find the rabbits and I cannot believe the local rspca would not know.

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaT Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:06 pm

Right... due to confusion it turns out the Derby lot are safe.

20 rabbits were PTS today, but not part of this rescue. Good news for the Derby buns, not for the others.

Sorry for the confusion.
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:08 pm

Thank goodness for that.

Any joy on places for more buns?

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaT Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:08 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:Thank goodness for that.

Any joy on places for more buns?

Waiting to hear back from rescues.
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:12 pm

Mixed emotions with that one Sad

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:13 pm

JoeyBunsMum wrote:Mixed emotions with that one Sad

Me too.

Wtf is wrong with people.

And what kind of vets let this happen?
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:15 pm

I'm glad these guys are ok, but am saddened to know there is another "rescue" doing that.

Poor bunnies Crying or Very sad
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:30 pm

I can't believe these "people" walk among us.

I would move hell and earth to save my animals. And they can do this!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:34 pm

Looking around online it seems there have been several similar situations recently. I am not sure if it is a sign of the times or a constant in the dodgy world of back street 'rescues'.

Makes you wonder if there should be some sort of official register.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:14 pm

Humum says:

I've been in contact with RACR and offered emergency fostering (as have other people). We're not so far away and if we end up with hutches lined up down the driveway, but with bunnies that would otherwise be killed, it's something we can live with until rescue space becomes available.

But we would not be able to cover vet bills for any urgent medical attention which might be required so would need some sort of backup there. Food / hay etc. we could cover. If it gets to Saturday and buns need a safe place, I'll take what I can anyway and worry about possible costs after.

I'm going to have a word with our vet tomorrow about the whole situation.

I know they are, quite rightly, trying to find proper rescue space first. But there is a last-resort option if the people organising the rescue-from-a-rescue opt to use it.

Massive credit to everyone who is working to save these buns. What I think of the people who allowed this situation to develop is unprintable Evil or Very Mad
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:26 pm

If you find you do get some buns I'm more than willing to donate as much as I can as & when it's needed so please do keep me in mind sparky & co! I can't take any on but want to help where I can
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:51 pm

Thanks Rachel,

I don't want to interfere as this is being very competently organised, but I have given my number to the lady doing it and told her to just phone and tell me how I can help. She probably won't know for sure until Saturday, I guess. I did mention that some of you have offered to help financially if that is an issue rather than space being the issue. I'll let you all know when I hear back Thumbs Up
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:47 pm

Good lord - what has been going on....can someone PM me?

ETA been updated thanks guys x

Last edited by Katieb on Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:09 pm

I just hope they dont find a vet that will be willing to put healthy bunnys to sleep, the cost of this is also high so cant understand why they cant hold off a few more days or a week or so till they are all rescued, surely it would be better for all as well as there pockets. Hay and straw isnt that expensive if you go to a local farm, veg you can get at end of the big stores day when they reduce them if its really tight, I havent needed to but only have 3 and my bearded dragon, nothing goes to waste anymore tho.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:20 pm

dizzylynn wrote:I just hope they dont find a vet that will be willing to put healthy bunnys to sleep, the cost of this is also high so cant understand why they cant hold off a few more days or a week or so till they are all rescued, surely it would be better for all as well as there pockets. Hay and straw isnt that expensive if you go to a local farm, veg you can get at end of the big stores day when they reduce them if its really tight, I havent needed to but only have 3 and my bearded dragon, nothing goes to waste anymore tho.
Well said Lynn Thumbs Up
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:46 pm

AnnaT wrote:
Katieb wrote:Or if they can offer foster space?

They would need to contact Andrea at RACR who is organising everything

racr.rescue@sky.com

Anna,

Before I post on our FB page do you know if she would be happy for us to do so?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next