Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What have I got myself in for with these newbies?!

+2
dizzylynn
Kate7590
6 posters

Go down

What have I got myself in for with these newbies?! Empty What have I got myself in for with these newbies?!

Post by Kate7590 Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:55 am

Rolling Eyes Have I got in too deep here?
They're nothing like I expected them to be. Shocked
I was told they were really subdued and scared, so I figured they'd take a long time coming round and getting used to me, I thought they'd be easy. Shocked How wrong was I?? Hissy

The 2 big boys, Jake & Elwood. The 2 I was told were petrified of people, and couldn't be handled.
They are mental! Laughing Jake knows how to open the gate, and now Elwood [who is more shy] helps him! Double trouble!

Benjamin the conti. The vicious bunny. The scary boy who bites. Rolling Eyes
He's such an attention seeker! He rattles his gate and when someone goes outside to see what all the fuss is about, he's bounding up at the fence and only shuts up when I scratch his ears/face/neck. Bladdy rabbit! I even had to sit in his yard last night while the little ****** climbed on my lap and FLOPPED against me! Laughing

Iv managed to stop Benji getting out, but I can't stop the double trouble gang!! They're out and instead of being petrified and running for their lives when they see/ hear me out there, they have the cheek to run towards me, binky then lollop back into their own garden! Laughing How flipping rude!! Razz

Jake keeps going over to the other rabs and instead of being this aggressive monster that I expected, he lays by their cages while they sniff at him through the bars. What is wrong with him?!

So, as you can see, they're not what I was expecting, so I don't know what to do?? I think Iv been had Rolling Eyes
Kate7590
Kate7590
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

What have I got myself in for with these newbies?! Empty Re: What have I got myself in for with these newbies?!

Post by dizzylynn Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:03 pm

In otherwards they pretended they couldnt cope with behavoiur to get rid of them, they sound like wee comics.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

What have I got myself in for with these newbies?! Empty Re: What have I got myself in for with these newbies?!

Post by Kate7590 Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:20 pm

dizzylynn wrote:In otherwards they pretended they couldnt cope with behavoiur to get rid of them, they sound like wee comics.

Perhaps, but in a way I believe they may have been like they described before we took them.
The previous owners came to collect the cage benji used to be in the other day. They went to see the buns and how they settled in, went to benjis yard area and he stomped and growled and lunged at the gate at her Hmmm It was very strange.
When we went to Elwood & Jakes garden and they both ran into the hutch and thumped really really hard No
Kate7590
Kate7590
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:42 pm

It is amazing what a bit of space and kindness can achieve. Sounds like you need to invest in a lidded solid sided pen for the escapers. Or cable tie the pen to the fence.

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:45 pm

Do you know the people well, reading how you discribed it really sounds like they may have been abusing them, or possible sensed that the people were nervous themselfs making the buns nervous.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate7590 Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:50 pm

dizzylynn wrote:Do you know the people well, reading how you discribed it really sounds like they may have been abusing them, or possible sensed that the people were nervous themselfs making the buns nervous.

Never met them before in my life so don't know anything about them. Theres certainly something the buns could sense though. Very odd Hmmm
Kate7590
Kate7590
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate7590 Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:52 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:It is amazing what a bit of space and kindness can achieve. Sounds like you need to invest in a lidded solid sided pen for the escapers. Or cable tie the pen to the fence.
Its not them getting over the pen, they're just opening the gate lol. Iv managed to stop Beni by wedging flower pots either side of the gate...think ill have to do the same with the double trouble gang Thumbs Up
Kate7590
Kate7590
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:55 pm

tops make runs more stable and less easy for buns push out so that was my thinking.

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:02 pm

Awwww. They know they are safe and loved. Our Thumper had had 2 previous owners. We've had him a bit over 6 months now and he continues to surprise us. He was so relaxed when we got him but quite reserved. He has never bitten us(other than when he gets a bit overzealous with grooming my husband). We were told he was a biter and aggressive. The only time he has been 'agressive' is when he was trying to get a bite of my peanut butter sandwich the other night. Laughing

Enjoy these new additions to your warren! I'm sure their antics will provide you with such joy!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:11 pm

It's such a shame so many humans miss out on what rabbits are all about , simply by not finding out how to care for us properly No

Kate - I'm really, really chuffed that you have ended up with all these lovely guys with their fabulous characters and good looks (Benji especially Love). And I'm really, really chuffed that they have ended up with you Very Happy Hugs

Although I dread to think what their ex-'owners' are planning to do with that cage.... pale
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:17 pm

Sparky wrote:It's such a shame so many humans miss out on what rabbits are all about , simply by not finding out how to care for us properly No

Kate - I'm really, really chuffed that you have ended up with all these lovely guys with their fabulous characters and good looks (Benji especially Love). And I'm really, really chuffed that they have ended up with you Very Happy Hugs

Although I dread to think what their ex-'owners' are planning to do with that cage.... pale

agree with everything sparky has said,did they say what they wanted to do with the cage No

it sounds like they know how good there new home is and they sound like my perfect buns,very naughty Laughing
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate7590 Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:38 pm

They mentioned they had a guinea pig and wanted to put it in Benjis old cage because its bigger than what its in at the moment. I hope this is true :S
Kate7590
Kate7590
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:03 am

Aw, I actually think it's because they can see they're safe & you're making them happy. I really think like any living creature a bunny that's not happy is not going to show its true colours. Like sparky has said it's such a shame people miss out on what it's really like to have a rabbit, & I really think that shows by people giving them up as they're boring or aggressive (which I find stupid in itself as it's not in their nature to be aggressive.) Buns are such great characters, I think if you gave any rabbit the provisions to be themselves you would never find a 'boring' rabbit.
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down