Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We don't know what to do for the Best..Tia.

+6
fiver
Sparky
Vince the bunny
KatieB
wizbit
Tuckerbunnies
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

We don't know what to do for the Best..Tia. Empty We don't know what to do for the Best..Tia.

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:09 pm

Tia we think needs a dental again and she has been booked in for next Thursday when our vet is back in work. Today Tia is not so good and she is now panting and Mike and I are both worried about her, as you know she has a heart problem and Mike think's a journey to an emergency vet will be to much for her at the moment what should we do, she has gone in her hutch and Mike is just going to give her some metacam Crying or Very sad

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

We don't know what to do for the Best..Tia. Empty Re: We don't know what to do for the Best..Tia.

Post by wizbit Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:18 pm

Oh no bless her. How about calling the emergency vet to see what they think? Could she have sores in her mouth if she needs a dental?

wizbit
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2011-03-03

Back to top Go down

We don't know what to do for the Best..Tia. Empty Re: We don't know what to do for the Best..Tia.

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:22 pm

wizbit wrote:Oh no bless her. How about calling the emergency vet to see what they think? Could she have sores in her mouth if she needs a dental?

I don't think it's sore's in her mouth, we are just worried it could be her heart and she is such a nervous girl even though she is a big conti cross. We don't want to make the situation worse but at the same time we are so worried that we might lose her. Mike said he will ring the emergency vet's now and see what advice they can give us.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:23 pm

Oh goodness . Perhaps see how she goes after the metacam. Poor girl . Sending her vibes Maysie xxxxxxx
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:26 pm

Katieb wrote:Oh goodness . Perhaps see how she goes after the metacam. Poor girl . Sending her vibes Maysie xxxxxxx

Thank's Katie, we have just put the air cooling unit on in case she is just warm and Mike has had a listen to her heart and he can't here anything as we are worried it turns to fluid on her lungs.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by wizbit Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:28 pm

Oh bless her. Sending lots of vibes for Tia. Please keep us updated.

wizbit
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2011-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:39 pm

Vibes for Tia. Hugs

Hopefully the metacam will help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:49 pm

sending vibes for Tia Hugs
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:53 pm

I hope the Metacam helps. Lots of vibes for Tia Love

And hugs for you - sometimes it's so difficult to know what to do for the best Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:01 pm

Mike has rang the emergency vet's and she said to give it an hour for the metacam to kick in and if she is still breathing heavy and we are still worried to take her down. Tia is not mouth breathing and her gums are a nice colour and she's eating ok it's just her breathing that is worrying us with her having the heart problem, will let you all know how she goes on as we keep checking her.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:02 pm

Another sleepless night at tuckerbuns I suspect. Thinking of her xxxx
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:06 pm

Katieb wrote:Another sleepless night at tuckerbuns I suspect. Thinking of her xxxx

Yes it will be Katie , I know Mike won't go to bed and leave her as she is his bunny and he loves her to bit's he is really upset at the moment about her Sad

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

We don't know what to do for the Best..Tia. Empty Update 11:52 pm

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:57 pm

We have just been in to check Tia and she is breathing normal and she has ate all her greens so maybe she was just warm but she doesn't usually pant like that and you do worry when they have problems, so we shall see how she goes on. I think Mike is going to phone the vet's tomorrow and see if they will get her in any earlier and remove the spur if she has one as I'm sure this is what is causing her to be like this, I think she get's herself in a state and she can't afford to.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:29 am

How is she doing this morning?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:30 am

I'm glad she was a bit brighter last night. I hope she is even better this morning Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:26 am

aww poor little tia glad she's doing better mega vibes going out to her and hugs to tia and all the tuckerbunnies Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
could it also be to do with the bad weather too xx

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

We don't know what to do for the Best..Tia. Empty UPDATE SATURDAY

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:03 am

Mike checked on her on the hour and she was ok, she seem's fine this morning and Mike has decided not to take her to the vet's as he doesn't want to stress her out as she is there on Thursday for a dental check and it's about a 45minute journey for her. So we will have the worry all over again if she has to have a dental which I think she will.

Thank you everyone xxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:49 am

Vibes for the lovely Tia! Love I just got online a few minutes ago.(long story) I'm glad
she is better. Perhaps the heat was just too much for her. Bless her little heart! She looks
like she is a gentle, sweet giant. She was probably as big as a Nethie when she was weaned!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:26 pm

Lots of loving vibes for the three of you hun, we all know how stressed and upset you feel too. I hope the little lady is better soon and please keep us updated.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:21 pm

Sorry for missing this.

I hope Tia is continuing to do well and it was just a one off.
I agree with not taking her to the vets just yet, you don't want double stress in one week.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:49 pm

How is the lovely Tia Love today Maysie? Vibe top up on the way!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:52 pm

gentl wrote:How is the lovely Tia Love today Maysie? Vibe top up on the way!

She's at the vet's on Thursday Holly as I think she need's a dental so that's more worry it just never ends
with having so many bunnies .

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:19 pm

I'm not familiar with you or your bunnies yet, but it sounds like a worrying time for you all. Glad Tia has picked up and I hope she recovers quickly from her dental. Sending healing vibes, it sounds like you've been having a hectic time of it and could do with even more. Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:45 pm

FluffSlave wrote:I'm not familiar with you or your bunnies yet, but it sounds like a worrying time for you all. Glad Tia has picked up and I hope she recovers quickly from her dental. Sending healing vibes, it sounds like you've been having a hectic time of it and could do with even more. Hugs

Thank You FluffSlave Hugs

(A little bit about Tia)
We have just found out that Tia has a heart problem and within a week of being told she started with a dental spur and so we had the worry of her having a heart attack under GA but our vet gave her a light GA and she was ok but now we think she has another spur and so we have the worry again. Tia is a Conti cross and a big bunny but she is so nervous of everything and even the journey to the vet's is a worry in itself. We just have to hope she will be ok and think positive thoughts.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:53 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:
FluffSlave wrote:I'm not familiar with you or your bunnies yet, but it sounds like a worrying time for you all. Glad Tia has picked up and I hope she recovers quickly from her dental. Sending healing vibes, it sounds like you've been having a hectic time of it and could do with even more. Hugs

Thank You FluffSlave Hugs

(A little bit about Tia)
We have just found out that Tia has a heart problem and within a week of being told she started with a dental spur and so we had the worry of her having a heart attack under GA but our vet gave her a light GA and she was ok but now we think she has another spur and so we have the worry again. Tia is a Conti cross and a big bunny but she is so nervous of everything and even the journey to the vet's is a worry in itself. We just have to hope she will be ok and think positive thoughts.

Poor girl. Sounds like she's been having a tough time of it lately, but she sounds as though she in the very best hands. Me and Willow are sending you healing vibes and positive thoughts! Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next