Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do I, Dont I?

3 posters

Go down

Do I, Dont I? Empty Do I, Dont I?

Post by Becki Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:25 pm

I had a go at bonding the girls earlier this year, Just put them together in the downstairs loo & for about a minute they were fine eating their dinner. After the minute however, they started scrapping. I'd fully expected Rhia to try & throttle Dylan, but in actual fact she wasnt too bad until Dylan bit her back. They locked on & it was honestly the most awful thing, Dylan ended up in the vets for three days wit serious injuries. The vet advised never to let them near each other again. Thing is, they live happily with their runs right next to each other & there is minimal aggression day to day - the only time they get mad is when one is free range & goes up to the other who is confined, obviously because they are curious & want to get out. Its such a shame as they both love company - Rhia was so devoted to Daniel & Dylan is a complete lovebug - plus they'd have so much better housing (My Garden is smaller than most peoples rabbit enclosures!) I wouldnt have the guts to attempt bonding them myself, but I'd happily donate to a rescue if someone experienced would. I cant decide though & wondered what your thoughts are? Would you if they were your bunnies...? scratch
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Do I, Dont I? Empty Re: Do I, Dont I?

Post by NickieM Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:52 pm

Can't offer any help or advice I am afraid. I will be going through pretty much the same scenario very soon. Once Felix is de-plummed, I intend to try to bond him with Wolfie and Gloria. The plan is to build a huge covered run for them to live in permanently. However, Wolfie has been such an aggressive little blighter recently due to the Incredible Escaping Bunnies that I am not sure how it will go. The only good thing is that Felix is a very placid and laid back bun and I think he would be very submissive - but you never know until you do it.

Hope you get someone to help you and it works out OK. Wave
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:07 pm

Ooh what a dilemma - in theory I would be tempted to give it a go. In practice I probably wouldn't dare Embarassed I know that doesn't help, sorry. Do you have a brave bunny bonding expert near you?
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down