Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vibes Please for 'Enya' rushed to emergency vets..She's gone

+17
Big Ears
Sue_pawz
icedancer
NickieM
FluffSlave
Dotdot
jolovesbunnies
Rachel&Nibbler
fiver
marleyNfriends
Thumper2001
JoeyBunsMum
Sparky
KatieB
wizbit
gentl
Tuckerbunnies
21 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Vibes Please for 'Enya' rushed to emergency vets..She's gone - Page 2 Empty Re: Vibes Please for 'Enya' rushed to emergency vets..She's gone

Post by marleyNfriends Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:32 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:
marleyNfriends wrote:Oh noo! I tried to reply earlier on, but i was on my way to work and my phone was playing up. Sending more vibes for little Enya though. I hope she picks up soon, what causes the shaking?

Pain sadly Sad but we have given her more meds

Shocked

Crying or Very sad Poor girl, that must be awful to watch Sad Sad I hope she picks up soon. Hugs
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Vibes Please for 'Enya' rushed to emergency vets..She's gone - Page 2 Empty Re: Vibes Please for 'Enya' rushed to emergency vets..She's gone

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:54 pm

Sparky wrote:I think I'd be more worried if she was not passing anything at all, but it is quite concerning that she's still quite unwell after this amount of time and meds. If something she had eaten had upset her, you would expect her to be feeling a bit better by now.

I might be paranoid, but after our experience with Mrs D, I'd be inclined to get her in for an x-ray just to make sure nothing is going on inside which might be sorted out if it is caught early enough (although that was not the case with Mrs D anyway, we could have saved her some pain Sad )

If she is no better tomorrow we will be taking her to our vet, the emergency vet last night said he couldn't feel any blockages or lumps, her gums were a good colour and her temperature was normal. At the moment it's a case we get something in her tummy to keep it going.
Rosie get's tummy aches and they can last from 30 minutes to 2 days.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:40 am

Bless Enya's Love little heart and bottom! Sending the Haremail Squadrons on a
return mission. This time with back up naval and Galaxy C5-A cargo plane
support! I may have to invent the 'transporter' to beam the vibes over!
I hope she has(looks at clock and calculates the time difference.) fared the night well.
I hope you and Mike were able to get some rest. Hugs
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:09 am

oh poor enya mega mega vibes from all here iknow you and mike will have sat up all night with her so mega hugs to you both too Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
hope she feels a little better this morning Love Love Love Love
xx

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:34 pm

Sending loads and loads of vibes your way, really hoping little Enya picks up soon! Hugs for you and Mike
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Vibes Please for 'Enya' rushed to emergency vets..She's gone - Page 2 Empty UPDATE 4:00 pm Monday.

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:04 pm

Enya is now being syringe fed every 2 hours and lots of fluid her tummy doesn't feel as hard as it was, she's washing herself and I always think that is a good sign.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:05 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:Enya is now being syringe fed every 2 hours and lots of fluid her tummy doesn't feel as hard as it was, she's washing herself and I always think that is a good sign.

I think its a good sign, do you think shes perked up a bit? Lots more vibes for her. xxxxxxx
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:08 pm

marleyNfriends wrote:
Tuckerbunnies wrote:Enya is now being syringe fed every 2 hours and lots of fluid her tummy doesn't feel as hard as it was, she's washing herself and I always think that is a good sign.

I think its a good sign, do you think shes perked up a bit? Lots more vibes for her. xxxxxxx

Yes I think the next few days will see her back to normal, Mike said he would have took her to the vet's but the emergency vet said that if he admitted her
he would only do what we are doing.
Mike took her blood sugar levels this morning as you can tell a lot by that and they were not high if they had been we would have dashed her straight down to the vet's.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:12 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:
marleyNfriends wrote:

Yes I think the next few days will see her back to normal, Mike said he would have took her to the vet's but the emergency vet said that if he admitted her
Mike took her blood sugar levels this morning as you can tell a lot by that and they were not high if they had been we would have dashed her straight down to the vet's.

Ive heard about this, wouldnt like to do it on my own though.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:15 pm

Oh bless you both. Lots of top up vibes and love are on their way, we are all here for you.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:16 pm

marleyNfriends wrote:
Tuckerbunnies wrote:
marleyNfriends wrote:

Ive heard about this, wouldnt like to do it on my own though.

Our vet showed us how to do it and so Mike will check their blood sugar level if he think's they are very poorly, it's just like a diabetic checking there own .

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:24 pm

Its something i read about in the RWAF conference notes. I might ask my vet if its something they do and if they can show me.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:27 pm

marleyNfriends wrote:Its something i read about in the RWAF conference notes. I might ask my vet if its something they do and if they can show me.

Our vet went to the RWAF conference and that's why she does it Very Happy

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:55 pm

I'm glad she seems brighter again and hope she continues to improve Very Happy
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:55 pm

I'm so very glad Enya Love is brighter! Grooming IS an excellent sign.
She is one lucky bun to have you as Bunny Parents. The level of care
y'all provide is amazing. I don't know how the two of you get on with
so little sleep.

I'm curious as to if you use a regular glucometer and what the normal
glucose levels are for a companion rabbit and does it vary by breed.
My comparative physiology classes were somewhere in the ~40 yrs
ago range. study I've tried looking it up, but the info is all over the
board. Did learn they are trying to find a way to check the glucose
in human tears. You have to hold the sensor on the white of the eye
for 5 seconds. I'd rather use my glucometer and a finger stick! The
glucometer I have now takes a tiny pinprick drop of blood. You cannot
even feel the pinprick. Very Happy

Last edited by gentl on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : the "*****" word was the last part of the word pinprick)
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:09 am

gentl wrote:I'm so very glad Enya Love is brighter! Grooming IS an excellent sign.
She is one lucky bun to have you as Bunny Parents. The level of care
y'all provide is amazing. I don't know how the two of you get on with
so little sleep.

I'm curious as to if you use a regular glucometer and what the normal
glucose levels are for a companion rabbit and does it vary by breed.
My comparative physiology classes were somewhere in the ~40 yrs
ago range. study I've tried looking it up, but the info is all over the
board. Did learn they are trying to find a way to check the glucose
in human tears. You have to hold the sensor on the white of the eye
for 5 seconds. I'd rather use my glucometer and a finger stick! The
glucometer I have now takes a tiny pinprick drop of blood. You cannot
even feel the pinprick. Very Happy

The glucose levels can vary in different rabbits same as humans depending on age
and sex and size but should be between 5 and 9 and yes you can use a regular glucometer
as that's what we use.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:46 am

Tuckerbunnies wrote:The glucose levels can vary in different rabbits same as humans depending on age
and sex and size but should be between 5 and 9 and yes you can use a regular glucometer
as that's what we use.

I'm tempted to stick Thumper's ear to check. I'm just curious. I won't of course
because I would never hurt the big guy. He's mad at me ATM anyway. He slid on the
flooring as he jumped from the bed during his morning Bunny 500. He's blaming me. Laughing
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:56 am

gentl wrote:
Tuckerbunnies wrote:The glucose levels can vary in different rabbits same as humans depending on age
as that's what we use.

I'm tempted to stick Thumper's ear to check. I'm just curious. I won't of course
because I would never hurt the big guy. He's mad at me ATM anyway. He slid on the
flooring as he jumped from the bed during his morning Bunny 500. He's blaming me. Laughing

You have to be very careful as you have to pinprick the ear of the rabbit, it's not easy to do and
not advisable unless you have been shown by a vet, you also can't use a Lancet pen that diabetics
use to pinprick the fingers .

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:23 am

i'm so happy now enya has picked up Love Love Love
keep getting stronger little one Thumbs Up

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:27 pm

Goodness, I know how you're feeling it's so awful Sad
I feel drained and I'm not even with my pair.
I'm glad she is brighter. How is she today? x
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Vibes Please for 'Enya' rushed to emergency vets..She's gone - Page 2 Empty UPDATE 12:39 Tuesday

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:44 pm

Mike is still feeding her every two hours day and night and giving her fluids and she was nibbling a little hay yesterday but still not eating her greens or pellets, she had a dirty bottom this morning so her tummy is working. If she is still not eating by herself by Thursday Mike is taking her to the vet's with Tia and Pepsi.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:44 pm

Vibe top up! Hope there is good news today!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:28 pm

Just wanted to send little Enya some healing vibes from Willow and myself. Hope she starts to pick up and eat by herself soon. Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by wizbit Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:27 pm

Just wondering how little Enya is doing?

wizbit
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2011-03-03

Back to top Go down

Vibes Please for 'Enya' rushed to emergency vets..She's gone - Page 2 Empty UPDATE 8:51 pm

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:57 pm

Enya is worse and is very weak and will not have her syringe feed, we have just rang our vet at home for advice, as Enya is also very wobbly, we have just given her some Metacam and the vet said keep her warm as she is wobbly on her feet due to pain , she did say that we are doing everything right and it does sound like tummy ache, Mike has just popped out to get some more baby food to mix in with the Critical care .

Could we have a few more Vibes please for her

Thank You xx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next