Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vibes for Tigger please! U/D MONDAY

+17
Thumper2001
paullp
Vegan_bunny
fiver
icedancer
wizbit
FluffSlave
JoeyBunsMum
gentl
Vince the bunny
Sparky
jolovesbunnies
Tuckerbunnies
Rachel&Nibbler
KatieB
marleyNfriends
Dotdot
21 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Vibes for Tigger please! U/D MONDAY Empty Vibes for Tigger please! U/D MONDAY

Post by Dotdot Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:47 am

Hey everyone hope you are well!
We got back from holiday last night and were supposed to be picking the buns up today but we've had a slight hitch.

Got a phone call this morning from Caroline the rescue owner and she said Tigger has diarrhoea Sad

She's worried that despite my sign saying no spring greens that one of the volunteers has actually given them to them. Although Tigger normally has a stomach of iron and Jeeves is the one who had a poorly tummy before.

She said she will treat her for me for free since she has all the stuff up there- as we were speaking she was taking them up to the house.
I'm going to go visit them today but I won't be bringing them home Sad I think I may just see them from a distance as I don't want to upset her as she will see me and won't be going home.

I'll let you all know more when I find out.

Last edited by Dotdot on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:50 am; edited 13 times in total
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Vibes for Tigger please! U/D MONDAY Empty Re: Vibes for Tigger please! U/D MONDAY

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:51 am

Oh no!! Poor Tigger. I hope it clears up and shes all well again so you can take them both home. Lots of vibes for Tigger and nose rubs for the pair of them. xx
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Vibes for Tigger please! U/D MONDAY Empty Re: Vibes for Tigger please! U/D MONDAY

Post by KatieB Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:08 pm

Oh goodness - I hope she is feeling better soon. Sending millions and millions of vibes for her x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:23 pm

Lots of vibes for Tigger.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:31 pm

Sending loads of vibes your way, really hope little Tigger is ok and you get to bring them home soon.
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:00 pm

Vibes for Tigger hope he will soon be feeling better and he's home soon where he belongs xxxxxxx

We have the same problem at the moment with Enya Sad

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:17 pm

What an aawful thing to come back from holiday too hun, I hope little Tigger is better soon and is able to come home.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:56 pm

Settled tummy vibes for Tigger Hugs

At least you know she is in good hands Thumbs Up
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:23 pm

I hope Tigger's tummy is back on track soon Hugs
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:07 am

Sending loads of get well vibes via Haremail!
I know you want to see them, but don't let
them see you or smell you. It would upset
them so.
Tiger is such a strikingly beautiful bun. Love
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:47 pm

Well I went to visit my babies yesterday. It was heartbreaking.

They had been moved from the rescue into the 'hospital' section. I said I wasn't going to get too close but when I walked in they didn't even clock me- it was as if they had no idea who I was. I bobbed down to give nose rubs and had no response Sad
Here are a couple of photos.
Vibes for Tigger please! U/D MONDAY 4a6f5d00
Vibes for Tigger please! U/D MONDAY Eb1003c9

I was there for an hour just sat with them, and this is how they were for 50 minutes of it. I just wanted them to get up and be naughty and cheeky like normal- throw things around, bonk each other, chew things they aren't supposed to. But nothing Crying or Very sad

Jeeves also has a slight upset tummy. Yesterday he was doing soft poos and also did a huge pile of caecotrophes which he just left (I think that was due to stress).
By the end of the visit he had done a couple of hard normal poos Smile
Tigger was like water Sad This is real diarrhoea not just unformed caecotrophes like Jeeves had. Caroline said that morning she went to give breakfast and Tigger didn't come storming out like normal to grab the carrot. Instead she was curled up inside. When she picked Tigger up and held her back to her stomach everything just fell out of her bum and down her leg.
She's on metacam, sub-q fluids? being injected under the skin, baytril and something I cannot remember the name of that you give to infants when they have diarrhoea to help flush their system and rehydrate them.

The last 10 minutes of the visit they both seemed to get up. Tigger came closer to me and curled up in a ball in front of me. I was able to give her more nose rubs and some kisses. I even got a couple of very quiet crunches Smile
Jeeves came over very warily since Tigger had, I put my head down like I normally do with him and he gave me some sniffs.
Tigger is trying very hard to clean herself which is fab, she doesn't like being dirty bless her.

I text this morning and these are the replies:
They are lively. Her appetite is suppressed waiting for vet to ring me. She wants to eat parsley but I have to be careful with greens. Moved them to my bedroom.
Overnight there were some good poo from him and some yuk from her. Now waiting for both to poo today.

I'm hopeful. It sounds like the fluids etc have made Tigger feel brighter but ideally she needs to eat hay which she doesn't seem to want to do. Trust her to want what she can't ideally have No

Caroline is doing a fab job, especially moving them to her bedroom so she can keep an eye on them all night as well as popping in during day for meds etc.
Waiting to hear what vets says, they may say take them in for check up and sample or they may say that she is doing the right thing and to keep it up.
They are deffo both in fantastic hands. I feel a present coming along!

The cause is still a mystery. Either greens given by mistake or an infection or bad bacteria of some sort has upset them both. I just find it so strange that Jeeves isn't as bad as Tigger even though he is the one with the sensitive tum!

Thanks for all your lovely messages. I just can't wait to get them home but I have to be patient. xx

Edit: Just had another text.
Jeeves munching away on wild plants. Tigger tried some grass and dandelion leaves
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:58 pm

Oh Bless them, that medication that you can't remember the name of will be like rehydration treatment like 'Dioralyte' as it restores the natural salts and fluid balance that they lose when they have diarrhoea, we had Enya on it when she was bad with it.

Topping up the Vibes for them both and hoping they soon will be home xxxxxxxxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:06 pm

Pedialyte perhaps?

Firing up another Haremail Squadron strike force to deliver massive get well vibes to the beautiful Tigger Love . I hope she is starting to eat her hay and have normal poos. This must be so frightening for you. Hugs
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:23 pm

Oh honey you must be so worried. Glad to hear she is eating that is a good sign x when is the vet seeing them?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:16 pm

Sending your gorgeous pair love and nose rubs. Do you know when the vet is checking them?

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:34 pm

All I know is that she was waiting for the vet to phone her back.
Vibes for Tigger please! U/D MONDAY Shrug
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:30 pm

Hope the vet has got in touch by now. Sending Tigger & Jeeves lots of healing vibes, it must be so hard for them to be like this when you're not with them. Hope they recover quickly Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:26 pm

They do look very forlorn, and you must be terribly worried. I hope the next day or two see a real improvement and you can bring them home Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:01 pm

Got another text saying that the vet had rang and got some advice over the phone. They're going to the vets tomorrow at 11am, Tigger still has very smelly runny poo but she is stable.

Gosh I'm just so worried Sad
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by wizbit Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:17 pm

Oh no, poor you, that is such a worry for you. Sending lots of get well vibes for Tigger. It sounds like they are I. Good hands if they are having round the clock care.

wizbit
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2011-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:47 pm

Get well soon Tigger. Healing vibes your way from me and Wilbs. Sad Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:25 am

Goodness only just caught up with this. I hope they are ok

Hugs
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:11 am

Any more news?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:08 am

Gosh i thought she would be back to normal by now, i didn't realise how bad it was! Sending lots of top up vibes for both of them. I hope their vet trip goes smoothly and that they are able to come home soon. It must be awful not being with them. X x x
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:26 am

lots and lots of healing vibes get better very soon Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next