Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Question

4 posters

Go down

General Question  Empty General Question

Post by apankow Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:38 pm

I'm sure if I am posting this in the correct place, but I have a question that I hope some members will know the answer to:

I have three bunnies. They are happy hoppers! Yay! They have a hutch set-up indoors, as well as a spacious run with all kinds of fun toys. At night they hate going into their hutch. I used to encourage them in, and close the hutch up for the night. But, lately I have been saying my goodnights and leaving them out to sleep where they will.

And here's where the question comes in: Is it best for bunnies to sleep in their hutch at night? Or is it alright, as long as there is no danger of predators, escaping, or weather issues (not the case because they are indoors)?

Perhaps it doesn't matter where they sleep. But, if you have experience or knowledge about this, I would appreciate any help you are willing to offer.

Thank you so much!

On behalf of Wendy, Smee, and Peter

apankow
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2012-06-12

Back to top Go down

General Question  Empty Re: General Question

Post by Guest Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:40 pm

As long as they are secure then I would say wherever they want. Bruce and Flo most often sleep on the dining room chairs tucked under the table but they often sleep under the table, or on top of it or in the maze haven.

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:44 pm

if there inside bunnies then i would just leave them,as long as there is no wires or dangers about
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:05 pm

Our bunnies have always been free range in the house once they learned the rules and we were confident on the bunny proofing. I say we were confident, but they have ALWAYS found faults in our bunny proofing-so beware!

Currently, Thumper likes sleeping in the dining room on the cool ceramic tile. All that fur must make him warm and the tile make him more comfortable.

He's a rescue bunny and came in a small cage for the size bunny he is. We've had him 9 months now and he never goes in the cage except to use his litter box. We want to get rid of the cage all together. Very Happy

gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:27 pm

If they are indoors and the room is bunny proofed then there is no need to shut them in the hutch. You say you have a run, is this for outdoor use? You could get a tall puppy pen and surround the hutch so they are enclosed and safe, a kindof compromise if you don't feel they can be free range unsupervised.
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down