Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General update on the fluffs!

3 posters

Go down

General update on the fluffs! Empty General update on the fluffs!

Post by Felix&Willow Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:12 am

Well, Rory had his myxi and was absolutley fine, had a bit of a squity bot the next day but was his usual self so after a botty wash i wasnt concerned. All 3 had their first nail trim with the help of a friend who has a dog and is confident with animals- after watching u tube videos i wanted to try doing it without restraint and it worked! Rory as predicted was easiest, he wasnt interested in the treats infront of him, just laid on a blanket on top of the table in the garden and purred while i gave him him a massage while my friend clipped his nails! (Have i mentioned before that i love this boy? If carlsberg made rabbits he would be it) Next up was willow, she munched and had a massage whilst having 2 nails clipped, the only ones long enough - i had a rolled up towel between her head and my friends hands, convinced she would savage her- but she was great and proved me wrong! By this time i was really confident- felix last but not least, she too only had 2 nails with anything to cut, was nice and relaxed, first nail so probs, second one she jumped and bit my friend, then started to go a bit wild! She had a pellet stuck inbetween her toes, and i had pulled it out- i didnt know it but i had caught the nail she had just had cut and made it bleed! Panic stations! Anti bac powder was at the ready and i poured it on the table and dipped her foot in many times, it looked like i was finger painting with her the poor thing! Felix is fine- i have been holding a banana up high on the mesh of the run to get her to stand up and put her paws up on the mesh which exposes her claws so i can check on it- all looking fine! Will be slightly concerned when she needs her nails doing again!
Nxt up will be Rorys vhd, then the girls spay - will be glad when thats over!
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1123
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

General update on the fluffs! Empty Re: General update on the fluffs!

Post by KatieB Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:51 am

Aww glad they are all doing good. Rory is just such a little darling.

I always find nail cutting time traumatic. Daisy behaves like we are trying to saw his leg off and gets himself in a right old state! (ever the dramatic).

I caught his wick once and there was blood - since then Ive not been confident at all! I got the vets to do it when we went for his mixi....less traumatic all round!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:19 am

Theres a video on youtube of a girl training her bunny, and she cuts strands of spaghetti nxt to bunny to de-sensitise him to the sound, then touches his feet- he is busy eating treats - this is the route i wanted to go down- no training required with rory, but will continue to do it with the girls. Im on my phone at the mo, but will post the link later, such a great idea. Rory is so easy, i just want to see if i can train him to lie on his back when he is relaxed so i can groom the underneath of him easily - i think he recognises his name now Smile
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1123
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:11 pm

Ah it's so good to hear how they are all doing, I hope they all realise what a good bunny Mummy they have Very Happy

I leave all the nail trimming to Mike as they all seem to stand still for him although Helen can be a bit awkward to do at times.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down