Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jamie and Sadie bonding diary

4 posters

Go down

Jamie and Sadie bonding diary Empty Jamie and Sadie bonding diary

Post by Angelinabun Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:19 am

After living side by side for about 4 weeks, Jamie and Sadie have now had 24 hours in the bonding pen in my spare room.

I think they have made steady progress on the whole.
Jamie has stopped growling and nipping on the head and he is now doing a little lunge and chasing if she is too close and he doesn't like it or wants her to move and there was one instance of hair pulling about 10.30pm last night. They actually were very quiet after 1am so I got more sleep than I thought.

They are sharing food and hay, lots of self-grooming and mirroring each other in their flops, both flopping on their sides one after the other. They have also managed to lie flopped out face to face which is a first for them. No mutual grooming yet but Sadie is still weary and Jamie unpredictable.

They are still in a 3x3 pen. I can keep this going until late afternoon tomorrow which would be 48 hours + when I have to go out for a few hours after that I can continue until Monday morning.
I was thinking of completely neutralising their enclosure and putting a slightly larger pen within that tomorrow at 48 hours + but not sure.
If I do neutralise, is 50/50 water/white vinegar ok. Can you put some bunnysafe disinfectant in as well?
Any suggestions appreciated.
Angelina

Angelinabun
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Jamie and Sadie bonding diary Empty Re: Jamie and Sadie bonding diary

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:33 pm

It sounds good to me Thumbs Up

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:56 pm

Personally, I wouldn't give them any more space or change where they are until I had seen at least one of them groom the other, to make sure they have agreed on their heirarchy. I definitely wouldn't change anything immediately before you leave them alone for a few hours - you need to be there to supervise when you do Thumbs Up
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:16 pm

Im with Sparky on this one. If you are going to give them more space mke sure you are there to keep an wye on things, else whilst you are away you will be worried and things may possibly deteriorate. Its sounding good so far though, well done Thumbs Up
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down