Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sparky or Father Jack, question about snakey

4 posters

Go down

Sparky or Father Jack, question about snakey Empty Sparky or Father Jack, question about snakey

Post by Vince the bunny Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:46 pm

Is the snakey tunnel suitable for connecting runs outside of the enclosures or is it really only suitable as a toy inside a run etc? I want to add some additional tunnels between the avairy and run but obviously it needs to be strong enough to prevent foxes chomping on it and the buns chewing their way out.
Would I be better sticking to runaround tunnels?

Thank you Smile
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Sparky or Father Jack, question about snakey Empty Re: Sparky or Father Jack, question about snakey

Post by marleyNfriends Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:08 pm

May I also add to this thread, as its pointless making another one.

...Just checking, Father Jack, did you get my PM? Wave
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Sparky or Father Jack, question about snakey Empty Re: Sparky or Father Jack, question about snakey

Post by Guest Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:42 pm

you can buy large coils of the runaround type tubes from country stores for about £70. Much cheaper than buying it in the shorter pieces from runaround.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:10 pm

It's definitely strong enough, and the spirals you can see through it is thick metal wire for reinforcing - the wire is captive inside layers of plastic so the buns can't get to it.

I think any creature trying to chew its way out / in would go home with tired teeth and the tunnel almost untouched Laughing

You just need to be careful of the ends, that the wire does not poke out - you have to try to cut a back a bit into the plastic coating. And one of the quad did chew the indoor end of theirs and left a bit of sharp metal poking out, so Hudad had to deal with that.
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Jack Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:53 pm

marleyNfriends wrote:
...Just checking, Father Jack, did you get my PM? Wave

Yes, I got hudad to sort out his timber pile and I hope to whip him into building the hay box tomorrow Thumbs Up

Father Jack
Father Jack
Forum Ambassador

Number of posts : 1639
Registration date : 2011-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:10 pm

Sparky, you gave a link for some off ebay a while back

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125mm-x-2m-PU-flexible-ducting-hose-dust-fume-woodwaste-/170908839757?_trksid=p4340.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D11%26meid%3D2648455774299025999%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1005%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D190702805145%26

Is this the stuff you have?

Cheryl, I have tried so many times to find that pipe local but cannot find it anywhere. A local building supplier sells 225m in 6 meters but want £54 for it!
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:32 pm

ah, that looks similar to the ebuildingsuppliers.co.uk website I found last night. Aparrently a local supplier sells the 150mm in 6meters for £21 but when I recieved a quote for the 250mm in 6 mtrs it was a lot more than the £32 they said on that website. So if it is ebuildingsupplies then I think by the time they have added their commission on plus VAT it adds up to a lot more.

Thanks for looking into it for me Smile
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:38 pm

I think the stuff I have seen at my local country stores is the same size as the runaround stuff. It looked longer than 6m.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:15 pm

We have the 150mm stuff: eBay link for various lengths

Vince the bunny wrote:Aparrently a local supplier sells the 150mm in 6meters for £21 but when I recieved a quote for the 250mm in 6 mtrs it was a lot more than the £32 they said on that website.
150mm is 6" which is fine. 250mm is 10" and would be huge Shocked although Tilly might need the bigger size....
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down