Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bunnies fav things?

+5
fiver
Thumper2001
FluffSlave
Sparky
troop
9 posters

Go down

Bunnies fav things? Empty Bunnies fav things?

Post by troop Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:23 pm

What are your bunnies favourite foods/toys sleepy areas? anything really. My Pete loves his carrots and a piece of bread now and then Lily is hard to please and sulks an awful lot. I was thinking about making or buying a new bed for them they currently have a wicker basket type thing for cats.

troop
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2011-12-06

Back to top Go down

Bunnies fav things? Empty Re: Bunnies fav things?

Post by Sparky Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:10 pm

Gizmo loves toilet roll inners.

Layla enjoys phone books to dig at and balls with bells in to throw around.

Poppy digs - mostly in her bed area which we just stuff full of hay for her to rearrange as she chooses.

Food - treats we all love include banananana chips, fenugreek crunchies and mini shredded wheat.
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:40 pm

My bunnies love their big Ancol Play Tunnel - I think Willow loves it so much as it is one of the only tunnels big enough for her to comfortably hop through Laughing

They also love pulling the carrot/corn toys out of their veggie play patch thing. And Mojo has a thing for jingly toys.

Bedwise they aren't into anything. They like to sit under cardboard boxes when they sleep, but I often see them flopped out straight onto the concrete floor despite having the choice of fleece and shredded paper areas to sleep in! Weirdos Suspect

Foodwise all of their treat faves are the same as Sparky's warren. They also go wild for Readigrass!
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:09 pm

Molly and Junior have a cardboard castle which has a dual purpose. It's their bolt hole where they can go when they don't feel particularly safe, usually used for this purpose when there are choppers flying around outside. We don't put our hands in the ground floor, it's their place - no hoomins allowed. It is also there for destroying. It regularly takes a beating.

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/smartkitz-cardboard-castle-101601

They love hay tunnels, but they were becoming a very expensive habit. £10 a go and it would last them 6 evenings at best. So about 24 hours really. Shocked I now just by the small ones for a treat now and again.
http://www.petsathome.com/shop/large-woodlands-small-pet-hay-tunnel-95411

They also like willow rings but they destroy them in about 20 - 30 minutes Shocked

They are massive hay fans, it still amazes me how much of it they can eat! They won't eat herbs but they like carrot tops, brocolli, curly kale and cauliflower leaves.

Theh both get a fenugreek crunchie at bed time, which they go mad for. They also go crazy for banana.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:43 pm

mine love fenugreek crunchies/apple/banana/dried herbage/basil/corriander/kale/*Treatums/berry balls/brocoli/carrot tops/carrot/nuggies/hay/hay ring/play tunnel/castle/diono sauras on wheels/wood puzzle/plastic dingaling ball Very Happy

* denotes bunny crack Laughing Laughing Laughing

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:54 pm

Daisy just loves his little barrel with a bell in it. He likes to use it to remind us that it is breakfast time if we sleep in past 8am.........

He won't eat any bun treats of any kind, and will only eat organic oxbow meadow hay. He does love a little bit of apple a bed time.

Charlie and Annie ignore all toys apart from their little cardboard castle ( they are getting a big one for crimbo) but the love ALL food! Ha ha The very best thing in the world ever being the king of treats - the fenugreek crunchie.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:42 pm

It is so nivce to hear about bunnies and their favourite toys.

Binky doesn't seem to like toys very much, he has them but never bothers. If I throw him a cardboard tube he will just throw it out of his box and settle down again. He doesn;t even like his hay ball.

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:52 pm

At the moment, mine LOVE the water hiacynth tunnels that you can get. Normally you buy them in a trio of balls, and get them as mats too, but they love sitting inside their tunnels and chewing their way out. Hughie, adores those Kiwi sticks from Wilkinsons, and likes boxes stuffed with hay.

As for food, they really arent fussy!
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:49 pm

marleyNfriends wrote:Hughie, adores those Kiwi sticks from Wilkinsons
We all love them too. Does he gnaw all the bark off then ignore the rest? Laughing
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by paullp Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:28 pm

Myrtle loves her bed. She is so lost without it. When she was first here she would sit in her bed, and to move around she would drag her bed along then hop back in like it was a life raft. She spends hours licking her bed!
I'm not sure what Patch and Daisy really like just yet though - apart from each other (most of the time) and noms!
paullp
paullp
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 789
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down