Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's the little things they do... REVIVED

+13
Acorn
AprilGirl
ElleyMay
NSD
Vivi
Becki
Josephine
lopz
KatieB
NickieM
Sixer
Catsknickers
Jay
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

It's the little things they do... REVIVED Empty It's the little things they do... REVIVED

Post by Jay Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:26 am

Paul went to bed early, and left the bedroom door open. The bedroom is adjacent to the lounge, and the lounge door was wide open too. After 20 mins, Paul starts snoring (which he doesn't normally do) really loudly, Bertie looked at me, hopped over to the door, and butted it and it swung shut Shocked He then hops back and sits down to watch TV Laughing

Please share yours Smile

Last edited by Jay on Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

It's the little things they do... REVIVED Empty Re: It's the little things they do... REVIVED

Post by Catsknickers Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:29 am

OMG!!!!!! How is he not human? I can't believe that! I seriously think Bertie is a legend. I wish we could have some sort of Bertie cam to watch what he gets up to on a daily basis. Love
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

It's the little things they do... REVIVED Empty Re: It's the little things they do... REVIVED

Post by Sixer Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:49 pm

How can we top that Laughing

Bertie is just the best, what a bunny Very Happy
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:08 pm

Gloria stands and stares at the kitchen window at 5.00 pm waiting for her tea and in the morning, she stands by her water bowl until I fill it!
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:53 pm

Awwwww Bertie.

That def wins the clever bunster prize. Cam imagine him doing it!

Bertie for prime minister!

It never stops amazing me how clever buns are, there rest of the population have no idea what they are missing out on.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by lopz Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:29 pm

I'm dying to meet him, but I'm afraid I would not want to leave anymore!! Very Happy

I don't know, my buns don't do anything special I think.
lopz
lopz
Banned

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:24 pm

Aw Bertie is so clever.
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:25 pm

Well Chance who we think is knocking on about 10 years old, has done nothing but harrass poor Ratman since he emerged from his all day nap under the sofa. Chance has been buzzing round him and humping him. All poor Ratty wanted to do was eat his tea. Rolling Eyes I can't believe Chance, he can barely be bothered to move most of the time, but Spring is obviously getting him to him. Ratty is being very good natured and is trying to ignore the gay old pervert.
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:55 pm

Well its lovely to hear that at 10 chance still has it in him!!! ha ha

Poor ratman Sad
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Becki Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:40 pm

Laughing Mine absolutely made my day today, they were both flying round their runs this morning going insane, so insane that Dylan actually flew out of her run!! I think it shocked her more than it did me Laughing Laughing Laughing Charlotte Im so glad to hear that Chance is doing well for an old-timer! X
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:45 pm

Daisy hasnt done anything out of the ordinary today.....but I love him sooooooooo much anyway.

Just a wiggle of his little nose is enough for me. Love Love Love
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:26 pm

Katieb wrote:Daisy hasnt done anything out of the ordinary today.....but I love him sooooooooo much anyway.

Just a wiggle of his little nose is enough for me. Love Love Love

Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivi Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:57 pm

Well I suppose the wierdest thing any of my bunnies does is.. Lani absolutely hates being picked up by the OH, she will leg it as soon as he's in sight, and if he catches her, she will try her utmost best to escape.. But if I pick her up, she's more than happy to give me a cuddle. Smile Clever girl knows her Mammy loves her very much!
Vivi
Vivi
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by NSD Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:00 am

Vivi wrote: Clever girl knows her Mammy loves her very much!

Aw so gorgeous. I wish my bunnies let me pick them up out of the goodness of their hearts, but I think it's both because a) I spend the most time with them and b) they have discovered a remarkable correlation between me picking them up and lollies magically appearing in their mouths ... ha ha ha. Bribery, me? Never!
NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleyMay Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:03 am

Aww Bertie!! What a little character!!

I picture him hopping back over to the couch, pulling out his spectacles, and reading the newspaper (perhaps with a robe and cigar).

Becki, I love your story! Really made me laugh!

Mine do crazy and wonderful things on a regular basis... but all in all everything they do makes me smile (well... almost everything Rolling Eyes ) I can't imagine life without them.
ElleyMay
ElleyMay
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1551
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleyMay Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:08 am

Well... right after I posted that I watched Hippo do a very "Hippo" thing.

He rarely grooms Brynn (although DEMANDS it of her) and he has never given me kisses Sad . I just looked over to see him flopped out after an exuberant binky burst and there he is lovingly grooming the carpet! Rolling Eyes Laughing He'll also lick Tori's cat tree and his stuffed animal bunny, but us girls get nooo lovin' Laughing That's my Hippo!

Brynn gave me a kiss on the nose yesterday for the first time since she's been sick. I think I've finally been forgiven..... (though, I think it's a forgive not a forget kind of thing).
ElleyMay
ElleyMay
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:39 am

Lovely tails, keep em coming Love
I've trained Berts to run round my legs in a figure 8, it's very cute Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:44 am

Wonderful stuff Very Happy

None of my six enjoy being picked up so three of them have now devised alternative methods Very Happy

When out in the run and it is time to go back to the shed, BJ and Rosie get into their litter tray for me to carry them in Smile

And as for Gabe, he gets so panicky about being picked up that I now kneel in front of him and he jumps into my arms Love

All of them are fine once they are held - it is just the picking up bit they object to.
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:37 am

Daisy objects massively to being picked up! We have to erect a cage around his sofa - matt has to lay on the floor and push him out of one side on his blanky. Where I am waiting to collect him. Oooo the annoyed grumping noises.........

Hes happy to snuggle once out bless him.....but I think like everything else with my boy - if its not on his terms hes not happy about it!

If we are not up by 8am - he rings his bell and doesnt stop until breakfast is served.

He spends ages re-arranging his toys so they are just where he wants them, and if you move them - then look out they'll be foot stamping!

Although terrified of next doors cats.....he does insist on teasing them through the french doors.

Hes the bestest

I love the way he doesnt hop into the front room - he skips, I love the way he throws his veggi bown when he either wants fresher ones or wants it topping up.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:32 pm

I just love all these stories.... I love the idea of Bertie having spectacles and a paper, I think that may be how I always imagine him now.

Gabe is incredible jumping into your arms Vanessa!

Hippo grooming the carpet! What a typical bloke!

Daisy and his bell ringing - he is as bad as Bella.

What wonderful creatures they are. I love how Ratman sleeps under the sofa all day and comes out at around 5 every evening to join us all.
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:09 am

Yeah 5.00 pm seems to be the universal, bunny wake up time. Mine do the sitting in a corner and staring bit. It is very unnerving to look out the kitchen window and they just sit and stare. Obviously projecting psychic mind waves, 'we want food, we want food' It's the little things they do... REVIVED 811805

Bertie and Daisy really don't realise they are rabbits. 'Are you MAD??'
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleyMay Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:50 am

Daisy ringing his bell!!! Laughing Cracks me up!

Vanessa, I'm jealous that they jump into your arms!! Love Just goes to show how much they love and trust you.

I love this thread! It's amazing how much personality they have and the antics that come with those personalities!
ElleyMay
ElleyMay
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by AprilGirl Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:25 am

Aww what lovely stories, some of these bun's sound like they really do think they are human.
Shadow does that grooming the carpet thing, when he's get a good ear and neck massage he starts licking the floor, odd boy!
Love him
Emma x
AprilGirl
AprilGirl
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 511
Registration date : 2009-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:17 pm

Daisy licks the carpet....while looking a me...Its a trick. As soon as i look away he pulls out the threads.. . . i look back - he's licking again!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivi Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:06 pm

Kuja likes licking my sofa... But only on the spot where I sit.. Im wondering.. If he's decided I taste nice and he's planning on how to eat me...
Vivi
Vivi
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next