Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Giles has advanced terminal cancer - he's gone

+13
Sixer
jolovesbunnies
NickieM
Thumper2001
KatieB
paullp
thezookeeper
troop
Sparky
fiver
Tuckerbunnies
SarahJane
ShazzaBunny
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Giles has advanced terminal cancer - he's gone Empty Giles has advanced terminal cancer - he's gone

Post by ShazzaBunny Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:46 am

I cant beieve i am writing this, i cant bare any more.

Giles started losing serious weight very quickly, he is going the same way Riley, Summer and Frodo went. Riley and Summer's weight loss were blamed on old age and ailments, and Frodo's were down to kidney problems. But now Giles is showing the same, very rapid signs, i have really doubted myself and my care Sad .

We have been to the vet, and he has a mass in his abdomin. Presumably advanced cancer, and there is nothing i can do to save him Sad . There were no previous signs, none, he was a good weight (overweight if anything) but now he is reduced to skin and bones Sad he maintains a good appetite, but his sparkle is duller than it was, its not gone, but its not as bright as it once was.

In reality, maybe i should have let him go at the vet the other day, im selfish, i couldnt do it, i cant bare it, i cant lose him Sad .

Why is this happening to me? What am i doing wrong? When will this torture and sorrow end?

My poor poor Giles Crying or Very sad .

Last edited by ShazzaBunny on Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

ShazzaBunny
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2012-02-29

Back to top Go down

Giles has advanced terminal cancer - he's gone Empty Re: Giles has advanced terminal cancer - he's gone

Post by SarahJane Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:57 am

Oh I am so so sorry Sad It isnt anything you have done, these things...just happen even if its not fair Sad

If he isn't suffering just yet, then you did the right thing not to let him go yet, you will know when that time is.

xxx

Hugs
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Giles has advanced terminal cancer - he's gone Empty Re: Giles has advanced terminal cancer - he's gone

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:04 pm

Oh I'm so sorry Sharon but please don't blame yourself as it's nothing you have done we have lost a few with terminal cancer over the years and it's heartbreaking but there is nothing you can do sadly to save them and although they sometimes have healthy appetities they just don't put the weight on as they are just feeding the cancer.
All you can do is keep them comfortable and pain free and spoil them even more.

Don't think for one minute it's something you have done or lack of care.

I'm so sorry you are going throught this again I really am Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:42 pm

OH NO Sad
it is not anything you have done you are being dealt a very harsh hand in life and i pray it gets better Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

mega vibes and hugs for giles Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:23 pm

I think that, as we and Tuckerbunnies also know, that this can be a risk of multiple buns. You do seem to go through spates of losing them one after another and wondering when it is going to end and questioning whether you could have done more for them. More so if you have buns of a similar age who are getting older together, or ones which are carrying health problems anyway.

The chances are that any of those buns who were not with you might not have made it this far, but would have died far too young of a minor ailment which went unnoticed by a less savvy owner. Or a preventable disease which they could have been vaccinated against.

I have no doubt that even those of your buns who seemed to have a shorter life than they should have, had a wonderful one with you.

It's not selfish of you at all to want Giles around a bit longer - you will know when he has really had enough. All the time there is a bit of his old sparkle there, be 'selfish' Thumbs Up

I'm really sorry you are going through this, I hope this is the last for a long, long time Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

Gives Giles a noserub from us and spoil him rotten Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:24 pm

Hugs

Back to top Go down

Post by troop Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:29 pm

Gentle hugs to both you and Giles ..... you are not to blame. Hugs

troop
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2011-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by thezookeeper Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:35 pm

Oh no poor Giles Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

We all know here that it is nothing to with your care, it's brilliant!.
Cancer can strike any rabbit at any time.
Don't blame yourself there's nothing you could have done better Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
You poor thing,I'm really really sorry your going through this again Hugs Hugs
Thinking of you and Giles Hugs
thezookeeper
thezookeeper
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1071
Location : In my rabbit hole reading with Jenna bun in Kent - England.
Registration date : 2012-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by paullp Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:34 pm

This is such a sad thing to hear, I hope Giles lives out his days happily Hugs
paullp
paullp
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 789
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:27 pm

Im so sorry to hear this hunni, please do not blame yourself though - your bunnies have the most wonderful care and love.

I have three poorly buns, and blamed myself for a while, but they are just such fragile creatures, so very special that the Angels want them all for themselves.

I have no doubt he has a wonderful loving life with you. x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by ShazzaBunny Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:13 pm

He passed away peacefully last night, my husband was with him (i had a work commitment i could not get out of), gutted Crying or Very sad . Will post about him when i am more composed and able to do it justice.

ShazzaBunny
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:15 pm

I'm so very sorry xxxxxx

Sleep tight little chapxxxx
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by ShazzaBunny Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:20 pm

One of my favourite Giles moments, was when he got overly friendly with our very own Maysie when she came to collect Wee Fudge and Pepsi.

ShazzaBunny
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:33 pm

Binky free Giles.

Hugs for you. At least he did not suffer for very long.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:43 pm

I'm very sorry Sharon Hugs Hugs Hugs

Binky free Giles Love

I look forward to hearing more about him when you feel up to it Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:57 pm

I'm so sorry to hear this Crying or Very sad

Sleep well Giles x
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:10 pm

im so sorry Sad x
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:01 pm

so sorry to hear Sad
binky free giles Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love
for you Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:31 pm

I'm so sorry Sharon I really am Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

As hard as it is with terminal cancer it is far nicer if they go peacefully like he did and didn't go on to suffer as some do Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

Binky free forever all well again at the Bridge gorgeous Giles xxxxxxxxxxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:46 pm

I'm pleased that he went peacefully and with a bit of dignity although I know it will have been hard for you not being there.

Cancer is an illness that strikes at random. He was lucky that you cared for him and loved him and he would have had all the vet care he needed. You have nothing to reproach yourself about. xx Hugs Hugs Hugs
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:10 pm

Oh sweetie, I am so very sorry. Terminal cancer is something he had and there is no way you are to blame for his poor health and untimely death. I hope you are going to be all right; I must confess to being worried.

As the song says "There ain't muvh justice in the world" and it is so true. I wish I could wave a magic wand and put it all right.

With love and hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:16 pm

I am so so sorry. What a rotten time you are having. I hope in time that the wonderful memories you have and the knowledge that your buns have all had fantastic lives with you help to ease the pain Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:45 pm

I'm so sorry I missed this Sad
Binky free Giles Hugs xxxx
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:06 pm

I'm so sorry I missed this, I'm so so sorry to hear Giles has gone Sad you really haven't done anything wrong so please don't blame yourself Hugs

Binky free Giles x x x
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:17 pm

I too am so sorry that I missed all of this.

Please don't blame yourself - you have given Giles and all of your other bridge bunnies such a wonderful life. Like Sparky said, even if short - they were still longer than the opportunity at life they would have had before you found them. I hope as time passes this becomes less painful for you Hugs

Binky free Giles Love
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next