Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please can I have Vibes for Siskin / UD Eating a little.

+14
NickieM
Rachel&Nibbler
marleyNfriends
gentl
icedancer
KatieB
Big Ears
nethie
Sixer
Amelia66
Sparky
fiver
FluffSlave
Tuckerbunnies
18 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Please can I have Vibes for Siskin  / UD Eating a little. - Page 3 Empty Re: Please can I have Vibes for Siskin / UD Eating a little.

Post by KatieB Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:15 pm

How is he tonight?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Please can I have Vibes for Siskin  / UD Eating a little. - Page 3 Empty UPDATE 9:46 pm

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:52 pm

Sorry I'm a bit late with my update but I have been a bit poorly today nothing bad just tummy ache again and a bit dizzy but it could be lack of sleep but I'm ok now.

Siskin in great she is amazing, not eating on her own but drinking plenty still not done any poop's but there is not enough food at the moment going through her but she is bright and alert and wanting to be back with her Mummy and Mummy isn't to happy either being without Siskin.

Siskin is back at the vet's tomorrow afternoon for her check up in the afternoon.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Please can I have Vibes for Siskin  / UD Eating a little. - Page 3 Empty Re: Please can I have Vibes for Siskin / UD Eating a little.

Post by marleyNfriends Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Glad to hear shes perking up. Lots of poo vibes coming her way Smile
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Please can I have Vibes for Siskin  / UD Eating a little. - Page 3 Empty UPDATE THURSDAY 8:57 am

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:04 am

Well we think she nibbled some of her tea last night, Mike said he knows she's drinking as he heard her through the night and she had a dirty bottom this morning when he took her out to syringe feed her and so we know the poop factory is now working

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:09 am

Yay for the poop factory! May it soon be all tuned up proper poo production!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:26 pm

cheers cheers never thought i'd be saying its great to have a dirty bottom but thats great news Thumbs Up

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:03 pm

She's such a brave ickle girl Love

Well done Siskin, I think your vet will be very pleased with you tomorrow cheers
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Please can I have Vibes for Siskin  / UD Eating a little. - Page 3 Empty UPDATE 17:53 pm

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:16 pm

They are all home and our vet was amazed at Siskin as she wasn't on duty when Siskin had her Op and she couldn't believe she looked so well so soon after and said we must have caught it early, she can't go back in with her Mum till maybe the weekend when shes healed more.
We have to stop syringe feeding her and see if she will eat on her own.

Could it have been those Hopper Vibes!
Please can I have Vibes for Siskin  / UD Eating a little. - Page 3 Sxmas_santasmiley_100-102

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:25 pm

So pleased for you that she has done so well. Very Happy

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:38 pm

Brilliant news! Well done Siskin!!!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:52 pm

So sorry I missed this Maysie!
So glad you caught it early and she's recovering well. Any idea what the blockage was?
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Please can I have Vibes for Siskin  / UD Eating a little. - Page 3 Empty UPDATE CHRISTMAS EVE 9:46 am

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:49 am

Sadly we put Siskin back with her Mum Skylark and her Mum kept chasing her and attacking her and so we have had to split them up again, we are now trying to rebond them. Both Skylark and Siskin are not eating now No

Happy Christmas us Laughing ( you have to laugh else you'd cry )

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:52 am

Crying or Very sad Come on girlies don't fall out now
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:01 pm

Oh no No

Skylark! Siskin! Behave! (Santa has not set off yet, you know.)

Get Rosie and Murphy to tell them how stubborn you and Mike are, and that you will get your own way in the end Twisted Evil
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:08 pm

Sparky wrote:Oh no No

Skylark! Siskin! Behave! (Santa has not set off yet, you know.)

Get Rosie and Murphy to tell them how stubborn you and Mike are, and that you will get your own way in the end Twisted Evil

Sparky says it all!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:13 pm

Oh for goodness sake!

Nethies!!!!!

Come on now girls enough is enough.

Good luck Maysie x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Please can I have Vibes for Siskin  / UD Eating a little. - Page 3 Empty UPDATE 15:13 pm

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:14 pm

Siskin has eaten some dandelion and plantain and some blackcurrant and apple leaves .....it's something cheers

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:50 pm

Come on sweeties, it is the season of good will.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:24 pm

Oh no Sad

Sending lots of "behave!" vibes to Skylark and Siskin Hugs

Glad to hear Siskin is nibbling away at herbs cheers
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:59 pm

mega behave vibes for them Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
at least as you say maysie she ate something x

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Please can I have Vibes for Siskin  / UD Eating a little. - Page 3 Empty UPDATE CHRISTMAS DAY 11:04

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:17 am

Just don' know what to do anymore, Siskin is still not eating for herself and we have a broken bond it's last Christmas all over again with Rosie and Murphy. We were told by the vet to split them up because of Siskins Op as a blockage is a major Op. Are we doing the right thing? should we or should we not split rabbits up when one has had a major Op as I don't know anymore. All I know is everytime one of a bonded pair has an op and we are told to split them up we end up with a broken bond.

I can honestly say I am at my wits end as what to do , we have tried everything to coax or tempt Siskin to eat, we don't mind syringe feeding we seem to be doing it all the time just lately but we also seem to be getting nowhere fast and I now have to question are we doing things correctly.

I could just cry as I feel so guilty as they were Mum and Daughter happily living together and now Skylark just chases Siskin and I think it's upsetting Siskin and that's why she won't eat as she need's her Mum and I feel like we have broke their bond and ruined their little lives but our vet told us to keep them apart while Siskin was healing.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:15 pm

It's entirely possible that Skylark is chasing Siskin because she is picking up on the fact she is 'unwell', not because you split them up in the first place. It might well have happened if you had kept them together. But I would say, next time (and let's hope that's not for a long time), seeing as you are supervising them so closely anyway, try to keep the pair together and see how they get on.

I assume they are in cages right next to each other? Do they stay right at the end of the cage close to each other?

Where are you putting them when you put them back together? Somewhere which is completely neutral to both of them and does not smell of other rabbits?

When one is not eating it is so tough. You want to stop feeding them long enough for them to get hungry and eat for themselves, but fear that they might not. It is interesting that she did choose to eat certain things - I wonder if she is picking things that contain nutrients that she knows she needs. I have no doubt you are offering her just about everything at the moment.

Don't beat yourselves up - nobody could do more to benefit rabbits than you two do, but sometimes we are such awkward little so-and-so's Embarassed

Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:12 pm

Sparky wrote:It's entirely possible that Skylark is chasing Siskin because she is picking up on the fact she is 'unwell', not because you split them up in the first place. It might well have happened if you had kept them together. But I would say, next time (and let's hope that's not for a long time), seeing as you are supervising them so closely anyway, try to keep the pair together and see how they get on.

I assume they are in cages right next to each other? Do they stay right at the end of the cage close to each other?

Where are you putting them when you put them back together? Somewhere which is completely neutral to both of them and does not smell of other rabbits?

When one is not eating it is so tough. You want to stop feeding them long enough for them to get hungry and eat for themselves, but fear that they might not. It is interesting that she did choose to eat certain things - I wonder if she is picking things that contain nutrients that she knows she needs. I have no doubt you are offering her just about everything at the moment.

Don't beat yourselves up - nobody could do more to benefit rabbits than you two do, but sometimes we are such awkward little so-and-so's Embarassed

Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

We have them in indoor cages next to each other at the moment Skylark is out in the little back room and Siskin is in the pen, they can both see each other and smell each other and even wash each other if they want to through the pen bars. We change them round every night so Siskin will sleep in Skylark's cage one night and Skylark in Siskins and then again the next night so they pick up on each others smells and they have each other smells on them.
When we put them back together it's in their pen which only they have ever been in.

The thing is what we have found in the past is when one of a bonded pair has a major Op when returning them back to their partner the same day the partner usually sniffs them and attacks them which is usually because their partner doesn't smell the same due to the antiseptic spray that the vet uses to sterile the wound area. In Rosie and Siskins case they have both had a big Op with a cut full length of their tummy, when they are brought home they are out of it and our vet said if their partner smells them they will smell different and they may scrat or bite at the operation site causing serious damage. Murphy did just that to Rosie and we had to take her out quickly, when Ruby had her polyps done and we put her back with Charlie he sniffed her and chased her round the pen and bit her and we had to split them up.

The blockage operation that Rosie and Siskin have had has a poor survival rate but due to us getting them there early and the aftercare that we give round the clock they have a chance and so we thought that keeping them away from their bonded partner while the Op site healed made sence. We can't watch them 24 hours a day with having so many bunnies and so to us we felt that was the safest option.

We shall just carry on and try them together every day. We got so fed up of Rosie and Murphy being so miserable without each other yet they would fight when together that one day we just put them both in the same run in the garden and left them to it, we came out later to find them washing each other.

Thanks Sparky Hugs Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:29 pm

I agree with sparky,
don't think it's the separation it's more likely because siskin is unwell and had an op Thumbs Up
hopefully they will get back together at a later date xx
siskin come on and nom up Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:33 pm

fiver wrote:I agree with sparky,
don't think it's the separation it's more likely because siskin is unwell and had an op Thumbs Up
hopefully they will get back together at a later date xx
siskin come on and nom up Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

I really think it's because she doesn't smell like Siskin as I can still smell antiseptic on her poor baby Sad

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next