Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please can I have Vibes for Siskin / UD Eating a little.

+14
NickieM
Rachel&Nibbler
marleyNfriends
gentl
icedancer
KatieB
Big Ears
nethie
Sixer
Amelia66
Sparky
fiver
FluffSlave
Tuckerbunnies
18 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Please can I have Vibes for Siskin  / UD Eating a little. - Page 4 Empty Re: Please can I have Vibes for Siskin / UD Eating a little.

Post by fiver Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:36 pm

you hear this so often that when a bun comes back from an op the bond breaks down must be the clinical smell Smile

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Please can I have Vibes for Siskin  / UD Eating a little. - Page 4 Empty Re: Please can I have Vibes for Siskin / UD Eating a little.

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:38 pm

fiver wrote:you hear this so often that when a bun comes back from an op the bond breaks down must be the clinical smell Smile

This is why we have them sleeping in each other's indoor cage to get the smell of each other on them.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:46 pm

could you not lay siskin on a cloth and then put it in with her mumso she gets used to the new siskin scent scratch

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:47 pm

fiver wrote:could you not lay siskin on a cloth and then put it in with her mumso she gets used to the new siskin scent scratch

Well by putting them in each other's cages at night it's the same thing really. They are both getting each other's scent on them.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:52 pm

hmm cantancarous things are buns Laughing Laughing

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:14 pm

If you are convinced it is a single smell trigger, I'd be seriously inclined to ask the vet to give the healthy bun a bit of a squirt of the same stuff (the next time which we are hoping is far into the future). I assume an antiseptic spray would not do a healthy bun any harm at all, and if they both smelt of it I wonder if they might be more tolerant of each other. Of course, that might not work either as they might both fail to identify each other - but I'd be inclined to give it a go.....
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:44 pm

Sparky wrote:If you are convinced it is a single smell trigger, I'd be seriously inclined to ask the vet to give the healthy bun a bit of a squirt of the same stuff (the next time which we are hoping is far into the future). I assume an antiseptic spray would not do a healthy bun any harm at all, and if they both smelt of it I wonder if they might be more tolerant of each other. Of course, that might not work either as they might both fail to identify each other - but I'd be inclined to give it a go.....

We are trying them in each others cages at night at the moment as that should get each other's smell on them and hopefully make a difference we will get there we usually do but it seems to take for ever and we have so many other things to do.

The smell should eventually wear off the vet said.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:56 pm

How is Siskin doing otherwise - is she eating?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:10 pm

Katieb wrote:How is Siskin doing otherwise - is she eating?

She is eating a bit of hay and she ate some herbs yesterday but not enough so we are back syringe feeding her as we have given her a break to see if she will eat by herself
but no, this time last year we were syringe feeding Faith day and night and I think Rosie was still being syringe fed after her blockage op, plus we have had Kenzo not eating again but he is eating ok now.
I think they know it's Christmas Laughing

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:59 pm

All wanting some extra attn from the hu-parents. Bless them each and every one!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:02 am

awww more vibeson way Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:54 am

I hope she decided to eat properly soon.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:11 pm

Oh Maysie, sending Hugs to you and Mike. It sounds tough at the Tuckerbunnies warren lately!

Lots of vibes headed Siskin's way - let's hope she starts to nom up very quickly and that when her "strange" smell wears off, she will make up with Skylark again...
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:24 pm

top up vibes all around!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:44 pm

Hugs

Come on Siskin nom up

I'm sure you have, but have you tried handing Siskin food to eat? When Florence was spayed for about 24-48 hours she would only eat if I handed it to her. I imagine it's a similar area for the wound, so it might be that she is just very uncomfortable and doesn't want to eat because of that.
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:52 pm

icedancer wrote: Hugs

Come on Siskin nom up

I'm sure you have, but have you tried handing Siskin food to eat? When Florence was spayed for about 24-48 hours she would only eat if I handed it to her. I imagine it's a similar area for the wound, so it might be that she is just very uncomfortable and doesn't want to eat because of that.

Yes we have tried to hand feed, I think it's a combination of a tender tummy as she has a large cut and also the fact her Mum keep's chasing her and just the upset of it all, we bought some dill today which is quite good for tummies and I gave her a dish of just herbs with the dill on the top and she enjoyed nibbling at that but didn't eat much but at least she ate something and she nibbles hay now and then.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:52 pm

It's good that she is nibbling hunni - are the poo's ok ?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:48 pm

How is she now?
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:51 pm

I was also wondering how Siskin is?

Sending plenty of vibes her way again Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Please can I have Vibes for Siskin  / UD Eating a little. - Page 4 Empty UPDATE THURSDAY 17:59 pm

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:01 pm

Siskin has eaten some pellets and nibbled on her herbs so things are looking up but Skylark is still chasing her when we put them out together.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:58 pm

Well at least she is eating now, that's one positive step Thumbs Up

Now sending lots of bonding vibes to her and Skylark Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:11 am

oh well done siskin Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance
now mega vibes for you and skylark to re bond well Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:35 pm

How is Siskin today Maysie? Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:31 pm

I'm glad Siskin has eaten a little, poor little lady - keep it up you'll make your huparents very happy.

Skylark, please be nice.

xx
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:54 pm

How is she toeday love, I am so pleased that she is eating?

Hugs

JOxx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4