Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another grey hair moment.

+8
fiver
Sparky
gentl
KatieB
marleyNfriends
Thumper2001
Sue_pawz
Sixer
12 posters

Go down

Another grey hair moment. Empty Another grey hair moment.

Post by Sixer Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:51 am

It has been incredibly windy here in Horwich over the last few days, and to my horror when I got in from work yesterday tea time I saw that the weighted down lid from part of Gabe and Spring's run had blown off. Spring was safely inside the wendy house but Gabe was AWOL.

I felt sick and started calling his name, walking towards the treed area behind the garden and rattling the sweetie pot. To my intense relief he appeared from behind some bushes, and then to my horror followed by wildie bun Shocked As wildie spotted me he started to move away, whereupon Gabe gave chase. They started racing up and down in the trees with me stood rooted to the spot. As Chris appeared having spotted what was happening, wildie bun vanished and Gabe made his way through the fence and out onto the playing area behind the trees.

Not being able to follow over the fence due to the brambles and hawthorns I tried to run round to the playing area via the road. Thankfully Gabe had not set off across the playing field but was still near the fence. With the rattle of the sweetie pot I managed to get near enough to him to pick him up. Even more thankfully there were no signs that he and wildie had been fighting and been bitten. As Chris pointed out wildie is at least five years younger than Gabe and will have the edge on speed so I am hoping that there was no physical contact.

Once I got him back to the wendy house he flopped out straight away, obviously exhausted. He was fine when I checked on him later which was a huge relief. Goodness only knows how long he had been out, all was OK when I left for work at 12. As well as chasing wildie he had been and irritated Herbie and Hollie - the gravel near their run had been dug up and their run was full of territorial poops No

I am so relieved too that Spring had not jumped out of the run with Gabe. I am not sure that she would have remained close by to home. Gabe is smart enough I think to not completely wander off but I did panic when I checked the wendy house and he wasn't there.

Wildie bun was around in the garden again first thing this morning so being chased away by Gabe has not put him off at all. Gabe tucked into his breakfast this morning with gusto.

Can you please send some anti-escaping vibes to Gabe. Tis not good for me and I do worry that sooner or later his luck will run out.
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Another grey hair moment. Empty Re: Another grey hair moment.

Post by Sue_pawz Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:08 am

Oh my word, how worrying and what a relief that he (and the wildie) are safe and in one piece!
Sue_pawz
Sue_pawz
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2603
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://www.pawzforthought.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:36 am

GABE!!! You little horror. Shocked
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:43 am

Oh heck, thats a real heart in mouth, sick to stomach experience! I can just imagine the scene now!! Little terrors! I remember when Marley went AWOL I was so upset, he did it a couple of times, thankfully we managed to catch him, but its really scary when they find their way out of the garden onto an open stretch of grass!

Norty buns! Fingers crossed the wind dies down and he doesnt have any more Gabe and Wildie adventures!!
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:15 pm

Good Lord!

GABRIEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My blimmin heart stopped reading it, I would have been hysterical. Thank god he didnt go wondering off and no nasty foxes came past. To think what could have happened is horrific!

I sooooooooooooooo glad he is safely at home. I think he knows where he is best off!

I cant beleive the wildie is still about, sounds like he is living in your bushes.

Im sending some "behave yourself" vibes to Gabe and sending you to the drinks cabinet for a massive Rum!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:40 pm

Gracious! Norty Gabe! Sending 'behave' vibes for Gabe and Hugs for you. Bless your heart! What a morning for you!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:07 pm

Gabe is absolutely fine - has been having a go at humping Spring all morning Rolling Eyes Especially after I picked him uo to check him over after I spotted a loose clump of fur. This isn't the first time he has gone walkabout without us knowing so I do believe that he knows where he is best off, but even so.......... He does have the knack of making me feel like a irresponsible bunny owner Sad When I cuddle him and look him in the eye I always get the feeling I am looking at a creature with a superior intellect to me. He always looks so 'knowing'.

I can't believe that the run lid blew off tho - it is wedged in place normally and is difficult to remove. Thankfully the wind has died down today.

Katie, I do worry about foxes but, touchwood, I have never seen or heard one. As we are within spitting distance of the moors I hope that there is enough food out there for them to keep them away.

Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:53 pm

Gabriel! Shocked

There is norty and then there is Norty. You have gone all the way to NORTY!

Humum remembers well the time that a teenage Graham, having given her the runaround of the garden, squeezed out through the slats on the side gate and ended up hiding under her car in the road Shocked Humum put herself on the road side of the car thinking, 'Right, if one of us is going to get run over, it's going to be me' Laughing

Bunnies, eh? Who'd have 'em? Wink
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:48 pm

oh my goodness pale gabe please don't do anything like that again
sending loads of no escaping vibes Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
hope you are ok Vanessa after all that x

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:23 pm

Naughty step for Gabe, what a worry to put mummy through.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:52 pm

GABRIEL!!!! pale

I am so glad no real damage was done to either Gabe or the wildie.

You poor thing! Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:54 pm

Shocked what a run around he had you on!

Sparky wrote:Gabriel! Shocked

There is norty and then there is Norty. You have gone all the way to NORTY!

Humum remembers well the time that a teenage Graham, having given her the runaround of the garden, squeezed out through the slats on the side gate and ended up hiding under her car in the road Shocked Humum put herself on the road side of the car thinking, 'Right, if one of us is going to get run over, it's going to be me' Laughing

Bunnies, eh? Who'd have 'em? Wink

I've been in exactly the same position with my parents cat before. My mum was screaming at me to get out of the road but I refused, I was far too big a target for people not to see me!
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:30 pm

Omg I actually felt sick reading it pale till I came to the bit where you got him Very Happy

So glad you caught him (phew!)

" Gabe please don't do this to your Mum again and stop escaping, you little monkey " albino

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down