Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mini buns are all at the vets tomorrow ( Tuesday)

+8
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
NickieM
fiver
KatieB
FluffSlave
Sparky
Thumper2001
Tuckerbunnies
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Mini buns are all at the vets tomorrow ( Tuesday) Empty The Mini buns are all at the vets tomorrow ( Tuesday)

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:15 pm

A bit of a sad day as I think it will be the last day of all the mini buns spending together Sad

Tomorrow they are going for check up's and to be sexed correctly and I've a feeling they will have to be split up.

The shed we were very interested in and was really reasonabe they can't deliver till 10 weeks time and that's no
good to us so I am back shed hunting again Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Tuckerbunnies on Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

The Mini buns are all at the vets tomorrow ( Tuesday) Empty Re: The Mini buns are all at the vets tomorrow ( Tuesday)

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:22 pm

Aww Sad I know what you mean. I felt awful when I had to split Molly and Junior up, even though they were only separated by pen panels Sad

Do you think there is a good mix of boys and girls so nobun needs to be alone?
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

The Mini buns are all at the vets tomorrow ( Tuesday) Empty Re: The Mini buns are all at the vets tomorrow ( Tuesday)

Post by Sparky Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:25 pm

I know they will be just fine even in separate groups, and could not want for anything more than you will give them HugsHugs

8 x mega-vibes for the Mini Bun Gang HugsHugsHugsHugsHugsHugsHugsHugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:33 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:Aww :(I know what you mean. I felt awful when I had to split Molly and Junior up, even though they were only separated by pen panels Sad

Do you think there is a good mix of boys and girls so nobun needs to be alone?

It was heartbreaking enough when we split Grace from her babies back in 2005 , and the thought of splitting the mini buns up upset's me but it has to be done.

I would love 4 boys and 4 girls or try to keep them all as a gang , but whatever I will put 2 females with a male if we have to we did that with Kayleigh, Miss Warburton and Toffee and it
worked. Last time we were checking them everyone that Miked picked up seemed to be male although the two we orginally said we would keep the Harlequin and the black
bun with a white spot on his nose the Harli is a female and the spotty one is a male. We shall soon know tomorrow.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:34 pm

Sparky wrote:I know they will be just fine even in separate groups, and could not want for anything more than you will give them HugsHugs

8 x mega-vibes for the Mini Bun Gang HugsHugsHugsHugsHugsHugsHugsHugs

Thanks Sparky Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:42 pm

Awww, how sad they all have to be seperated Sad - it's for the best though!

I hope you get nice even numbers so you can make easy groups Very Happy

Let us know tomorrow. It will be exciting to know who's-who!
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:03 pm

Awww I'd be sad too :-(. 

Sending cuddles for 8 buns and two hoomins x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:27 pm

sending hugs too HugsHugsHugsHugsHugsHugsHugsHugsHugsHugsHugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:04 pm

Hoping that there is an even split of sexes so they have chums.  Hopefully they will be back fairly together again.   They are eight very lucky bun!  Thumbs Up
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaPickleFlopsyLily Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:03 pm

I hope they are an even split so they have a friend to cause havoc with.
I had been looking at your threads of pics of the baby buns but had been so busy I did not have time to comment before but they are gorgeous little bunnies Love

If you don't mind please could you tell me their story Maysie? do you plan on keeping them all as one large group ounce they are all neutered?
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 686
Registration date : 2012-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by lucyface Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:07 pm

Fingers crossed all goes well, excited to keep up to date with these gorgeous little buns!
lucyface
lucyface
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:20 am

I hope they can at least be kept side-by-side so they will remain bonded with each other until they are paired or grouped together.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:26 am

gentl wrote:I hope they can at least be kept side-by-side so they will remain bonded with each other until they are paired or grouped together.

Oh yes they will definitely be kept next to each other at all times Thumbs Up

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:54 am

BellaPickleFlopsyLily wrote:I hope they are an even split so they have a friend to cause havoc with.
I had been looking at your threads of pics of the baby buns but had been so busy I did not have time to comment before but they are gorgeous little bunnies Love

If you don't mind please could you tell me their story Maysie? do you plan on keeping them all as one large group ounce they are all neutered?

Sue-Pawz put this thread on HH
https://happyhoppers.forumotion.co.uk/t21912-a-plea-for-help

We are not that far from Pawz For Thought and we offered 4 hutch spaces in the boarding shed for a couple of their 28 rescue buns. Mike and I went down to collect two males and we had offered to take some buns down to Helen at Acomb rabbit rescue in York the following day. When we got to Pawz Vicky said that the males had been fighting and so there was only one male to take to York and would we take the 8 babies as their Mothers ( there are three we think from another litter mixed in ) were pregnant again. So we didn't hesitate at taking the babies who we named 'The mini buns'. We kept the male who we named Danny here for the night and took him down to Helen in York the next day. He was a very nervous little bun and he virtually shook like mad with fear but is a lot better now and has been neutered and is up for rehoming at Acomb Rabbit rescue. Mike and I and Helen think that Danny could have even been the Father to the Mini buns as they are so like him, and he was one of the rescued 28.
We very nearly kept Danny!
We were originally keeping two of the mini buns and then we sat talking about them one night and where they would end up when they were rehomed and how sad it was going to be to part with them and then out of the blue Mike just said 'I'm keeping them all' and I was quite shocked as I didn't expect that but he was very serious and we are and I have told Vicky at Pawz for Thought that we are keeping them all.

We are hoping to keep them as a group we think it would be lovely but in 2005 one of our rescue buns Grace had 5 babies and we had hoped they would be a little group but one of the girls Hope was nasty and bossy with the other's and so she was taken out of the group and then Danny the runt of the litter was being picked on by the other male Toffee and so he was taken out and bonded with Hope and we ended up with a trio and a pair. So even siblings don't always work but we have our fingers crossed Very Happy

This was Danny we took to Acomb rabbit rescue poor boy had bite mark's and scabs all over his body from being beaten up by the other male Sad
The Mini buns are all at the vets tomorrow ( Tuesday) DannyPawz1

The Mini buns are all at the vets tomorrow ( Tuesday) DannyPawz9

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:50 am

Oh bless Sad 

What a sweetheart.
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:27 am

We are off to the vet's about 2.30pm so will let you know how we got on and who's what when we get back Very Happy

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:41 pm

Waiting to hear about the mini-buns!  Then we can have a BIG 'Name Those Bunnies' contest!  I can hardly wait!

Danny is a sweetie!Love
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:02 pm

I'm looking forward to it Very Happy
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:05 pm

Me Too!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:22 pm

Me three! Very Happy
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lucyface Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:55 pm

We need an update!!
lucyface
lucyface
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:26 pm

We do indeed!!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:42 pm

they are prob still there....can you imagine trying to sex five all those Mollys!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:51 pm

Perhaps we ought to check the news websites and see if havoc is being caused in North Yorkshire Laughing
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:07 pm

how they doing maysiekins scratch

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next