Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Litter reviews :)

+2
KatieB
Thumper2001
6 posters

Go down

Litter reviews :) Empty Litter reviews :)

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:50 pm

We've tried out a whole lot of different litter in Molly and Junior's trays so I thought I'd share my thoughts on them. Feel free to add your thoughts too Very Happy

Megazorb - Despite using it for over a year, I never really loved it. I cleaned their trays out twice a day and still found the litter trays were in a mess under it. It also tracks all over the house. I eventually got rid because it smells like cow poop!!!

Various wooden litter - I've tried a few and none of my buns have liked them. When I tried it most recently somebun was peeing beside the tray in the pen. I can only imagine its uncomfortable under their feet.

Fitch - Arrived last week. £15 for a MASSIVE bale (?) it's so big when I came downstairs the following morning I thought it was a suitcase Laughing Although it is amazing value for money, it's not perfect. It has no odour control whatsoever, the trays smell between twice daily cleans. The trays are 98% dry under it though and with it being so cheap I would be quite happy to tip it all straight in the bin several times a day.  The other downside is with it being so lightweight, the hay gets mixed in with it far too easily!

Back To Nature - By far the best litter I've ever tried. No smell and very absorbent. I only need to throw out about 10% of it at each clean. Although it looks the same as wooden litter it is softer so not as harsh on the feeties!! If I had to put one negative against it it would have to be that picking poo out of it is a pain in the ass. I used to use a holey scoop with megazorb so the clean litter would fall through the holes and the poo would remain in the scoop. I can't do that now! Oh, and it would be fab if it was a bit cheaper, but when you consider how little is being used, it's not too bad!

I hope this is helpful to someone some day Laughing
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Litter reviews :) Empty Re: Litter reviews :)

Post by KatieB Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:39 pm

Thanks hunni....I may give it a try for Daisy (C&A can stick with the Zorb cos its cheaper and they thrash their shed every day anyway)

Thanks Hun :-)
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:38 pm

We've finally ended up with a bag of the stinky Megazorb. It is pretty horrible but once it's been left open in the garage for a while most of the smell dissipates.

How expensive is the Back To Nature? (I know I could look online but you don't really get a sense of how big the bags are.)
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:42 pm

I get 30 litre bags from Harvest for 12.99 or 13.99(cannot remember which amount it is lol) and you can also buy them online at pet supermatrket and it is free delivery.
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:31 am

I've noticed in our front room there is like a smell and it's a bit like a damp smell and it was worse near Big Bazza's litter tray and when I sniffed it today it's the megazorb, Mike gave Barry a clean litter tray as the megazorb was very stink whiffy pale 

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:58 am

I have the back to nature til I get the megazorb personally I like the smell of megazorb
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:01 am

Velvet.Tears wrote:I have the back to nature til I get the megazorb personally I like the smell of megazorb
Yes I like the smell usually of megazorb but I don't know why but some of the bags are really smelly.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:01 am

Sorry Double post Embarassed 

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:13 pm

Sparky wrote:We've finally ended up with a bag of the stinky Megazorb. It is pretty horrible but once it's been left open in the garage for a while most of the smell dissipates.

How expensive is the Back To Nature? (I know I could look online but you don't really get a sense of how big the bags are.)
It's gross isn't it? pale

Here's Molly and Junior having a nosey at the bag, just to give you an idea of the size. It's £15 for this bag in P@H. It's def more expensive than megazorb but I think it might be worth it.
Litter reviews :) 7222DF64-11C7-4D51-9608-1A3474FDBA09-5189-00000549C13B2716_zps5515cded
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:15 pm

Velvet.Tears wrote:I have the back to nature til I get the megazorb personally I like the smell of megazorb
Me thinks you've maybe not had a cow poo bag yet Laughing
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:18 pm

Smell of cow poo don't bother me.
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down