Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nero 4 reviews anyone?

5 posters

Go down

Nero 4 reviews anyone? Empty Nero 4 reviews anyone?

Post by Magoo Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:56 pm

Some of you may know that I'm planning on bringing Mr. Magoo inside to be a house rabbit and I'm just looking for a suitable place to keep him. One of the cages I quite like is the nero 4. Has anyone got one or know anything about them? You can bu a stand for it too which I thought would be perfect to keep it off the ground and out of the twins path!

Is it big enough do you think? Bunny spends many hours a day outside of his hutch so he won't be spending days inside it or anything like that but I still want to make sure he has enough room to be happy and healthy. Any advice muchly appreciated Very Happy
Magoo
Magoo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1193
Registration date : 2009-03-25

http://bellasbunnies.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Nero 4 reviews anyone? Empty Re: Nero 4 reviews anyone?

Post by senatorvass Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:30 am

hey! I havent got any experience of the Nero - I do seem to remember there being a warning posted about them somewhere on this forum, perhaps in property ladder?? I am sure someone who knows more will come along in a minute. I have this cage, Angel & Stardust were in it overnight and if we left the house when they were house rabbits. We ended up building an enclosure around it to make it bigger & then left the doors of the cage open, but it was almost impossible to then stop them escaping so not sure that will work!

I really cant say if they liked it or not, I could never tell. They were in it about 10 hours out of 24. Sorry not being very helpful. I will say now that my 4 are out in the enclosure in the garden, we keep that cage in the shed, and it has come in so handy for when one of ours has been to the vet and needs to come in for a while & to stay calm.

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Magoo Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:45 am

Hi:) Thanks for the post. I've read the warning about ferplast style cages. It was saying about how the rabbits get out of the cage by themselves is dangerous because of the wire which I udnerstand. Mr. Magoo won't be walking out by himself though because we're going to have to get a stand so he'll be safe from harms way, i.e. monster twins Very Happy
Magoo
Magoo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by stormyXsausage Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:52 am

Hope this helps.... taken from p&h

Customer Reviews

24/12/2008 - Jessica from Crawley

5*

I bought this for my dwarf rabbit and he loves it very much, plenty of room for 1 rabbit.

05/12/2008 - TRACEY from Hartlepool

5*

Great cage, plenty of room for 2 guinea pigs

20/10/2008 - katie from Worthing

4*

Great cage, needs to be a bit bigger though. Great price and quality for money. My bunny lives in it during the winter.
stormyXsausage
stormyXsausage
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Magoo Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:17 am

Hi:) Thanks for your rely. Pets at home is actually where I'm thinking of getting it from. And it's 10% off at the moment which is even better Very Happy
Magoo
Magoo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by senatorvass Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:58 am

Magoo, how much is it, out of curiosity? Sorry I got the ferplast warning thing mixed up. It rang a bell somewhere but I couldnt remember!

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Magoo Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:04 am

It's 79.99 which is great with 10% off. I've seen it for a little bit cheaper but not on offer.

The warning also mentions the tops of the cages and some nasty acidents that have happened before! But I think that can easily be avoided if the top opening is clsoed properly.

I really want to buy a cage but I'm putting myself off cos it was only 3 weeks ago I spent quite a bit of money on an outdoor hutch! I thought he was going to stay an outdoor rabbit but my feelings changed when I met him
Magoo
Magoo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by holidayhutch Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:30 pm

We use a nero 4 for indoor boarders and have never had a problem. We only ever open the top to put food in via. The front door we put a piece of vet bed over so they dont hurt their paws getting in or out. We have found it great for a pair of guinea pigs, one small-medium sized buns or two small such as nethies if they have plenty of time out.

holidayhutch
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by racheld69 Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:09 am

some people have built some really good indoor set ups with those squares - what are they called???? i can't remember but are not v expensive and you click them together to make the shape you want!
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3256
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Magoo Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:59 am

Thanks for replies everyone:) I've actually just purchased the nero (https://happyhoppers.forumotion.co.uk/tall-tails-rabbit-chinwag-f5/woooohoooo-finally-ordred-mr-magoo-s-indoor-cage-t5090.htm) and it should be here this week Very Happy I'm really excited.

Rachel - Those cubes are called 'mesh storage cubes' or 'NIC' cubes in the states. I really wanted them but unfortunately they don't sell them in our B&Q and from anywhere else they can be really expensive!
Magoo
Magoo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down