Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frances Harcourt-Brown - Owners' Day .. anticipation re 2016

+5
jolovesbunnies
KatieB
Tuckerbunnies
Sixer
Big Ears
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Frances Harcourt-Brown - Owners' Day .. anticipation re 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Frances Harcourt-Brown - Owners' Day .. anticipation re 2016

Post by Sixer Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:32 pm

Bah - it is £72 for the Travel Lodge at Scotch Corner on the Saturday night.

Oh and so is the Holiday Inn - now fancy that Rolling Eyes
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Frances Harcourt-Brown - Owners' Day .. anticipation re 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Frances Harcourt-Brown - Owners' Day .. anticipation re 2016

Post by BugsBunny Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:49 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I cannot wait, glad we are all booked, Maysie is booked now too and I cannot wait to meet her and hopefullly her lovely bunnies. I am looking forward to meeting Claudia too if you are still going hun.

£72, that is a bit steep for those, should be a posh hotel for that. Ste will have a fit when I tell him. But there's nothing else we can do.

Yes what are we getting up to? we need to arrange with Maysie too of course.

Of course our Buneh's will be good when we are gone Laughing , wonder if Ste will too Laughing .
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:10 am

Glad you talked Maysie into it, I think she would have regretting missing it but I thought she might not be able to get away, it being in the middle of the school Easter holidays.

Frances has been quite taken aback by the number of people booking and how far they are travelling! I always believed there would be demand for it, it was just the publicity/would word get round etc. It's just such a pitty geographically that it's not accessible for a lot of people.

Last edited by Big Ears on Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:52 pm; edited 4 times in total

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:38 am

I have been chatting to Maysie on face book a lot and been twisting her arm to come, told her it would be good for her too, think she finally caved Very Happy . I am glad she could get away for the day.

I bet she is really shocked at all the response then. I have no idea how many people have booked from on here or in total. I only know of me, you,vanessa,amanda,maysie and claudia so far. Have I missed anyone else on here who is going?
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:45 am

Shame it's too far for a lot of people, I'm sure a lot more would like to have gone who just found it too far to travel.

Last edited by Big Ears on Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:54 pm; edited 4 times in total

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:53 am

Yes I know, it is the problem with a lot of thease things, they are normally all way in London or something though . It actually makes a change one being up here, even though it is still a travel, it is still a lot closer than down south etc. I just wish we could all go and it was easy for evryone. If we all lived near each other too, that would be fab.
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:17 am

BugsBunny wrote:Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I cannot wait, glad we are all booked, Maysie is booked now too and I cannot wait to meet her and hopefullly her lovely bunnies. I am looking forward to meeting Claudia too if you are still going hun.

£72, that is a bit steep for those, should be a posh hotel for that. Ste will have a fit when I tell him. But there's nothing else we can do.

Yes what are we getting up to? we need to arrange with Maysie too of course.

Of course our Buneh's will be good when we are gone Laughing , wonder if Ste will too Laughing .

I have a plan for the Saturday night Wink Thumbs Up
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:12 pm

Nice one Vanessa.
Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:33 pm

I have not booked yet, sorry folks. Commitments in the warren are delegating the course.
Whilst preparing food for them and ask a partner, neighbour or anyone to serve is easy it is now a different matter with a bun requiring nebulisation three times a day over 30 minutes. That will take the friendship and neighbourhood to an extreme test.
I would love to join and visit another dear friend in Kirby that I haven't seen for two years, whilst I'm up in the north( anything above Birmingham counts as such did you know?) but cannot commit at present.
So, if I'm meant to be there I will. Trusting in life having his own ways.

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:14 pm

I hope you manage to come if life allows. Bunnies always come first hun, it is not easy when a loved pet it sick.We totally understand if you do not make it.

Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:55 pm

I wonder if anyone on Facebook groups etc/ other communities would be kind enough to post and spread the word... the more successful this is, the more rabbits benefit.

Edit:  No matter, I've sorted it myself now - just wanted to spread the word to make it as successful as possible.... it looks like the publicity worked!!

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:56 pm

Well, the publicity worked - it was fully booked 9 days ago.... we have over 90 people coming  Very Happy  There would have been more if the venue could accommodate them.

It's now just two weeks to go, I can't believe how quickly it's come round. I'm ssooo looking forward to it!

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:41 pm

I'm a bit fed up about missing this and meeting up with you Hoppers but unfortunately time and money prevented my booking Sad

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:07 pm

I can't wait to go. Really looking forward to it Very Happy
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:13 pm

All that will hop along please keep ears up and eyes wide open and report back to base.
Yes I would have loved to be  there but got other tasks to complete here first.
Wishing you all a great time!HugsWavedrunkencheersstudyalbino

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:55 pm

c.bolduan wrote:All that will hop along please keep ears up and eyes wide open and report back to base.
Yes I would have loved to be  there but got other tasks to complete here first.
Wishing you all a great time!HugsWavedrunkencheersstudyalbino

Of course we will hun and you have a lot on, hopefully we will get to go to some more things like this, all of us. Hugs to you.

Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:18 pm

You missed something very, very special, all of you who didn't come Wink

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:35 pm

I don't doubt it was very special but like Joeybunsmum I could not afford it and I am too ill to travel. I am glad a great time was had by all though Very Happy

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:15 pm

It was a brilliant, informative talk and interesting. We loved it. I would go again if she did another.
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:06 pm

This event was so popular and the feedback from delegates was so good that it will be re-running on 26 September

https://www.harcourt-brown.co.uk/rabbit ... r-owners-1

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:42 pm

I just thought the re-run was worth a quick reminder as it is now only 6 weeks away... I'm going again and sooo looking forward to it as it's been a pretty difficult year so need something good to focus on.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:03 pm

There will be an announcement 'soon' regarding the 2016 programme ... Very Happy
Diaries at the ready ....

https://www.harcourt-brown.co.uk/rabbit-cpd

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:54 pm

ooo I hope there is something down south!!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:22 pm

KatieB wrote:ooo  I hope there is something down south!!

I don't have any inside information but my opinion based on discussions with Frances and Nigel in the last year I think it's very, very unlikely that they will change the venue as it has worked really well for them this year. Given they got very good attendance for the owners' days, I just can't see them moving any away from Hampsthwaite... but time will tell, of course. ....

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:13 am

We're going to get 2 owners' days in 2016 whoop whoop Happy Dance

Copied from Facebook:
The 2015 Rabbit CPD programme is over. The Rabbit Surgery practical session went really well and ended up with an extra delegate squeezed in. So..what started as a quaint idea to hold my own CPD courses in the local village hall seems to have worked out OK. I am going to repeat it next year, including two 'Owner's days'. I still have to finalise the dates and come up with a booking process so I'm not ready yet. I also want to make some changes to my website. I would like to include recommendations from rabbit owners about vets. Only positive comments and in your own words with your name attached. If you want to be included, please email me at frances@harcourt-brown.co.uk with 'vet recommendation' as the title. Thanks

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3