Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MJ and Philip update

3 posters

Go down

MJ and Philip update Empty MJ and Philip update

Post by iiisecondcreep Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:06 pm

Update on the boys!

So after a short spell on Loxicom to see if painkillers helped Philip keep himself clean we didn't get another prescription and guess what, mucky bum. So another bum shave and we'll just keep him on Loxicom. Although I did only notice a few days ago I've been giving him less than i am meant to and it still so far seems to be helping so I might mention that to the vet.

On to MJ!
Sunday night past he didn't want his dinner, not unusual for MJ sometimes he just doesn't. Next morning I got up for work and he was pressing his belly and still refusing food. So took him into the vet as soon as they opened and he was admitted straight away. He ended up being kept in overnight (well actually the vet nurse, who is the vets wife, took him home overnight) so he could be syringe fed every clouple of hours. We got him back Tuesday night... he still wasn't 100% but I had taken wednesday off anyway just in case so I was up every 2 hrs through the night feeding him, fortunately he was feeling better and was taking leaves/herbs himself so I didn't syringe feed him again until the next morning. He continued to improve throughout weds so I only got up once during the night on weds to offer him food (which he wolfed down), Ed worked from home on Thursday so he could keep an eye on him and thankfully he is now back to his usual self! (£182 vet bill later silent )

Oh also, MJ was at the D!ck vet week before last for his eye check up and his eye pressures are fine but they confirmed what I suspected - that his eye sight probably isn't very good as they couldn't really see past his lenses (MJ has artificial lenses in his eyes for those who don't know)

In other news we've had the living room carpet replaced (because MJ wrecked the last one) and now MJ won't even go in the living room Rolling Eyes I guess his poor eye sight won't be helping as everything will be smelling different :\
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

MJ and Philip update Empty Re: MJ and Philip update

Post by woodwench Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:18 pm

Rabbit drama ... they are so good at it. Mine always managed to find a weekend, or even better a bank holiday to become ill. That's the one thing I don't miss now I've not got a rabbit.
Glad they are settling down.
My dramas healthwise continue. I thought I would be having surgery on my spine, or at least a steroid injection, but when I saw the consultant from the Barlborough Clinic in July he said neither would benefit me and recommended physio. I'm waiting for my first physio appointment Thursday next. They are now working on the assumption that I have a trapped nerve in my neck. It's giving me Hell. I spend most of my time in bed. I can't go anywhere or plan anything; I can do very little round the house. The trapped nerve is giving me vertigo which can last days. One minute I just have an headache (I've had an headache for 4 months now!) then suddenly things go crazy. I lose control of my eyes and can't focus properly and then I am like a falling down drunk, unable to stand up straight or walk without weaving and staggering. At the best, like today, I am off balance and have an awful sinus headache. The back of my head is on fire and I can't stand to touch it. I have a bottle of frozen water wrapped in a tea towel which I keep holding over it and that brings some relief. I'm best lying down. Life's pretty miserable these days.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by gemma997 Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:33 am

Hopefully now iiisecondcreep you have a solution to Philips mucky bum. Did you get a cause why MJ wasn't feeling very well?
Might have to bribe him onto that carpet, do you still have bits of the old carpet could cut up wee squares at the entrance just until he gets used to it.
We had to do that with Jetfire and lino when we got her, we had a trial of square carpet from her pen to the hall carpet cause she was unsure about the lino.

Sorry to here about your troubles woodwench, hope you feel better soon
Xxx
gemma997
gemma997
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1609
Registration date : 2015-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:20 am

Thanks Gemma. I'm sick of the vertigo. I never know when itonsultant will kick off, suddenly everything starts to 'jump'. The room doesn't spin, things I'm looking at start to flick up and again Up, UP, Up, Up .... it's awful and while it's happening I can't seem control my eye-lids or focus on anything like the phone... it took me ages to dial 999 the first time it happened. It can go on for maybe five minutes or 11 hours! I can't plan anything, daren't go anywhere ... and they don't seem to know what it really is. The Barlborough consultant says I don't require surgery or an injection and that Physio should help with the DDD. I've had 1 physio session so far and I'm doing exercises but the physio said a number of my symptoms don't seem to relate to DDD or a trapped nerve. I do have muscle spasms that she is working with me to stop.
I've also been recently diagnosed with PTSD originating from a number of events in my past as well as everything that happened last year. I'm waiting to be referred to a Psychologist. Also waiting to see a Pain Management chap.
Lots of referring, phone assessments and waiting .... Little actually happening. Nothing really helping!
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down