Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mindy is MISSING FOUND See new post Mindy is here.

+13
Sixer
Jay
Catsknickers
buddabun
Rice
Happy Hoppers
March Hare
Laura
Tracyuk
racheld69
Kirsty&Lola
sally1974
Josephine
17 posters

Go down

Mindy is MISSING    FOUND    See new post Mindy is here. Empty Mindy is MISSING FOUND See new post Mindy is here.

Post by Josephine Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:37 pm

I cannot believe it. I went up to have a shower just after 2 o'clock this afternoon,when Roger came in for some lunch. He left again while I was drying my hair. When I came downstairs to check on Mindy I could not find her anywhere. I know Roger had gone out the door and then came back again because he had forgotten something. He must have left the front door ajar and Mindy obvously slipped out.
I have been out searching for her, have asked in shops across the road if anyone had mentioned seeing a rabbit running around and put up posters but there is no sign of her. I am completely devastated, half an hour earlier she had been eating out of my hand and now she is gone. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
The weather has been awful and I can't bear thinking that the poor wee soul is out there in that heavy rain.
I am sorry I cannot type any more

Last edited by jomart on Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:04 am; edited 3 times in total
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Mindy is MISSING    FOUND    See new post Mindy is here. Empty Re: Mindy is MISSING FOUND See new post Mindy is here.

Post by sally1974 Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:37 pm

I was wondering as well
ETA posted at the same time
I am so sorry, how awful, you must be worried sick I am praying that you find her soon. Big hugs to you.
Sallyx

Last edited by sally1974 on Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

sally1974
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1419
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Mindy is MISSING    FOUND    See new post Mindy is here. Empty Re: Mindy is MISSING FOUND See new post Mindy is here.

Post by Kirsty&Lola Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:38 pm

oh no i'm so sorry. i do hope you can find her
Kirsty&Lola
Kirsty&Lola
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1016

Back to top Go down

Post by racheld69 Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:59 pm

oh no! that happened with Foxy when she fell out the bedroom window - we kept looking day and night and found her 4 days later so don't give up!
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3256
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracyuk Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:04 pm

I lost Mimi when I first got her. Only for a few hours though. She had wedged herself behind a peice of furniture. Have you had a good look everywhere (stupid question as you probably have!)
Tracyuk
Tracyuk
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1335

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:08 pm

Oh no, hopefully she's just hiding in the house somewhere x
Laura
Laura
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2356
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:10 pm

racheld69 wrote:oh no! that happened with Foxy when she fell out the bedroom window - we kept looking day and night and found her 4 days later so don't give up!

Yes I remember when Foxglove went missing and now I know just how you felt. Although I have four other rabbits. I still feel empty, as if there is a great big hole inside of me. I had her less than 24 hours but she stole my heart. I hope she is ok wherever she is.
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirsty&Lola Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:11 pm

just keep your faith and keep looking for her. we have seen from the forum that miracles can happen and we've got everything crossed for you
Kirsty&Lola
Kirsty&Lola
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1016

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:52 pm

Tracyuk wrote:I lost Mimi when I first got her. Only for a few hours though. She had wedged herself behind a peice of furniture. Have you had a good look everywhere (stupid question as you probably have!)

Yes done that, even looked in places that I know she would not be able to get into because of her size. Have pulled out the sofas about a dozen times just in case.
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by March Hare Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:22 pm

I am so, SO sorry to hear this. You must be heartbroken, and worrying yourself sick. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I hope so much that she turns up safe and sound!!!!!
March Hare
March Hare
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:29 pm

Oh no, Im so sorry....it happens so easily. One of my cats slipped out last night and thankfully she came in when called, it ws the first time she had ever been outside.

I doubt she will go far, probably make for the nearest dark, sheltered area. Ask your neighbours to check under their sheds and outhouses and have a good look around bushes.

Do you live in a very urban area? Popping out a box with some food and hay near the house may help.
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:43 pm

I have put the box I brought her home in yesterday on the front door step,
it still has some of the hay and straw in it, which the rescue put in. I have also put out some food.
We are surrounded by houses and live across the road from some shops and a pub. We have loads of bushes in our garden and I been out looking through them at least half a dozen times. Been round to next doors and looked as well. Unfortunately the road at the front is quite busy during the day, but I did not see any signs of carnage when I walked up and down. We don't have any grass in our garden, so I think she probably headed for the nearest patch of grass but she is nowhere to be seen around here. I think someone may have taken her, will phone RSPCA in Exeter tomorrow and also try the two local vets to see if someone has reported finding her.
Should this be moved to rabbit tales section, as it is no longer just about the photo.

Last edited by jomart on Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:51 pm

Fingers crossed, I know I'll be sleeping badly tonight with worry! Thinking of you xx
Laura
Laura
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2356
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Rice Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:56 pm

Oh no, poor bun! Fingers crossed here too that you find the little bun!! Major come home vibes!!
Rice
Rice
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2718

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:30 am

Thanks for your support everybody. I am sure I wont sleep tonight. I feel sick with worry.
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:08 am

oh no poor little Mindy!

I really hope you find her, what a horrid thing to happen Sad

thinking of you
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7749
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.cluster-jewellery.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:00 am

How are you today hun. Any sign? What about putting some pictures up round your area? I am thinking of you and sending lots of come home soon vibes to Mindy xxxx
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:20 am

Oh Jo I'm so sorry, but this has happened a couple of times recently and been resolved so don't give up, go and ask people, they would notice a beautiful bun like that, I'm sure you'll find her Sad
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:34 am

You are doing all the right things to find her. Am sending homing vibes for Mindy xxx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by rallybunny Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:40 am

Any news? I don't know where in Devon you are, but I could help you look if I am local??
rallybunny
rallybunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 859
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by p_prod_uk Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:47 am

Gosh i'm so sorry. I wish i was closer as i would help too, but all i can do is send lots of love and i really really hope you have some good news today
:-(

p_prod_uk
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2008-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by racheld69 Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:54 am

oh yeah! where are you in Devon?
Any news, we looked and looked and looked at all different times of day and night and found her eventually in a place we had already looked but she had been hiding too well. The neighbour had spotted her so keep going - she is out there somewhere. Defo check vets and RSPCA and other local rescues too.
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3256

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffiebunnie Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:22 am

I hope you find poor Mindy... it must be such a worry... I dont know what I would do. xxx
fluffiebunnie
fluffiebunnie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 913
Registration date : 2008-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:51 am

Only just read this, I am so very sorry but please don't give up, keep looking for her, she has got to be somewhere, I really hope you can find her, can you do posters and leaflets as well

Praying for some good news for you, keep us updated
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracyuk Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:49 am

Any news. I have my fingers crossed.
Tracyuk
Tracyuk
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1335

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down