Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do I do with Mindy

3 posters

Go down

What do I do with Mindy Empty What do I do with Mindy

Post by Josephine Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:52 pm

At the end of the month I am going to be spending 8 days away with my daughter and grandchildren. I am not too worried about my other 4 bunnies as they live outside in bonded pairs, Very Happy but I am a bit worried about Mindy. Sad Roger will be here for most of the time and on the two days he is away, someone will come in and feed the outdoor buns. But Mindy lives indoors and is an ongoing project Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. She is about 4 months old, so still not litter trained. I spend most of my day sweeping up pellets and shampooing the carpet. Rolling Eyes I have put down some waterproof sheeting, which she wees on mostly, also newspapers and 4 litter trays, but she does tend to spray a bit on the carpet. No She really does make a mess. I am not sure Roger can cope with this, he is very busy with his job. It also means she will be on her own most of the time. The place we got her from does boarding, but she is used to having the run of the living room and dining room. It would just be so unfair to have her cooped up in a hutch for a week. I suppose I could section off half the dining room and confine her when Roger is not there, but he will be away for 2 days and so she will only see the chap who will come to feed her and the others for a few minutes on these days. She will be so lonely, I don't know what to do.
BTW Is it normal for a female to spray, I cannot remember any of my other does doing this before they were spayed. Hmmm scratch
Sorry about the long post.
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

What do I do with Mindy Empty Re: What do I do with Mindy

Post by Snowy Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:11 pm

Bring her to me and I will look after her and yes I have had females that spray, the dirty little perishers Laughing Laughing
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by March Hare Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:20 pm

My little Rosie sprays when she is feeling mischievous!!! Rolling Eyes Laughing
March Hare
March Hare
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:20 am

Snowy wrote:Bring her to me and I will look after her and yes I have had females that spray, the dirty little perishers Laughing Laughing

If you were closer I would take you up on that Theo.
Please tell me that they stop spraying when neutered, like the boys do. This morning when I was bending down to sweep up her poos she sprayed and it went all over my face, even in my mouth. YUK! Laughing The legs of my trousers are covered in wee and yesterday when I was walking into town I realised I had forgotten to wipe the wee stains off my shoes. Embarassed Luckily I did remember to put on clean trousers. Very Happy
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down