Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bertie at Christmas? UD Thanks for the travel info it worked

+9
NickieM
Rice
Happy Hoppers
rallybunny
Snowy
Laura
racheld69
buddabun
Jay
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bertie at Christmas? UD Thanks for the travel info it worked Empty Bertie at Christmas? UD Thanks for the travel info it worked

Post by Jay Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:17 am

Ok, so a couple of months ago my Sis-in-law rings to say can we meet up in Amsterdam over Xmas (4 days) as a surprise for Pauls other (Lovely & sober) brother. We say ok we'll sort make sure we can sort out Bertie and get back to you. We have 3 different people who look after him for short stays. One of them was gonna be home and she was happy to take him.
Last night she rang to say that she can't take him any more for a very valid reason, but we're now 2 weeks away and I'm a bit stuck. if we can't find anyone/anywhere then I'll stay here as he can't go to his usual boarding place either.

If anyone knows somewhere close to Hampshire he can go, it needs to be indoors, or heated, or if anyone can and would like to take him for 4 days, I'd be really grateful if you could let me know. In the meantime, I'm gonna start ringing round this afternoon, after I get back from work.

Thanks Wave

Last edited by Jay on Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:27 am; edited 2 times in total
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Bertie at Christmas? UD Thanks for the travel info it worked Empty Re: Bertie at Christmas? UD Thanks for the travel info it worked

Post by buddabun Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:51 pm

awwww BERTS! I'd so take him the little tinker.

Afraid I'm of naff all use but I hope someone steps up

x
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7749
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.cluster-jewellery.com/

Back to top Go down

Bertie at Christmas? UD Thanks for the travel info it worked Empty Re: Bertie at Christmas? UD Thanks for the travel info it worked

Post by racheld69 Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:38 pm

i defo would. i would love it. but i have my mum and a jack russell staying 23rd til 26th Dec so if it is those days that won't work as Foxy will be in our bedroom and the dog downstairs so if it is over those dates i can't but if not 23rd-26th i can or any other dates anytime we defo can - not that close i know but we aren't that far anyway really.
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3256

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:48 pm

Aww bless you Rachel, but it is over those dates, which is a shame as he'd have loved it at the farm Sad I won't tell him what he's missed, but thank-you Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:54 pm

Oh, send him to meeeee!! :luv: :luv: If I wasn't so far away and had a bigger place he could come here, booooo.
Laura
Laura
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2356
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:07 pm

I'll have him for you :luv: :luv:
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:50 pm

Thank-you Theo :luv: I may well need to take you up on it, as I'm not having any luck elsewhere at the mo...He's not a great traveller though, but a stay at the RR may be too much for him to pass up Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by racheld69 Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:10 pm

Jay wrote:Aww bless you Rachel, but it is over those dates, which is a shame as he'd have loved it at the farm Sad I won't tell him what he's missed, but thank-you Smile

Very Happy albino any other time you need help let me know as i'd love to have him stay.
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:12 pm

Laura wrote:Oh, send him to meeeee!! :luv: :luv: If I wasn't so far away and had a bigger place he could come here, booooo.

Can you imagine Berts and Carlton J together albino Laughing Laughing I'm laughing just thinking about it, he'd love it I'm sure, Thank-you x
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by rallybunny Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:41 pm

I wish we weren't so far away.
rallybunny
rallybunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 859
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:56 pm

That's so weird Laura, cos I really thought about asking you first, but you're 3.5 hours away, he hates travelling, so it needs to be as near as poss. otherwise he'd be there like a shot Sad
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by rallybunny Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:04 pm

We visited some friends on the Dorset / Hants border (well they live in Dorset, but somehow we strayed into Hampshire Laughing) and it was aaaages away, a good 3 hours. I remember seeing signs saying that So'ton was about another 30 miles, so I think it would just be too far, especially with vets and stuff being closed over Christmas. I'd have soooooo loved to have looked after Bertie for his hols though, I have loads of time off this Christmas.
rallybunny
rallybunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 859
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:52 am

Jay, what dates is it for?
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:33 pm

Jay wrote:
Laura wrote:Oh, send him to meeeee!! :luv: :luv: If I wasn't so far away and had a bigger place he could come here, booooo.

Can you imagine Berts and Carlton J together albino Laughing Laughing I'm laughing just thinking about it, he'd love it I'm sure, Thank-you x

I was thinking last night that I could stay at my mum's over Christmas (any excuse, I;m such a big kid) and there'd be plenty of room there. Carlton's eyes would pop out of his little head! Laughing Is he going to stay with Theo, is he, is heeee?! Bertie's adventures!!

edit - I don't think there would be room now, what the doggy that has just come from a rescue!
Laura
Laura
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2356
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:55 pm

Aww, it's so nice that people want to help out my little guy, Thank-you :luv:

Theo, I've had no luck this way, we fly out Boxing day morning, so i guess it would be 23/24 December to 29/30th, depending on when would be best for you and for us to deliver/collect.

Let me know if those are OK, Is 5 days between journeys OK for a travel stressed bun?
xx
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:40 pm

I can collect him from you on the 23rd but that means you won't have him for Christmas Day, what time do you fly out on Boxing Day?
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:39 pm

Shocked you can? Oh my gosh, are you around? Smile I won't be working that day, so that could well work :luv: Were away early Boxing day. Christmas is no big deal to us, but that means you're going to have an extra tail to contend with at the festives, so if you dont' mind that, then we'd be very thrilled and grateful for ever :luv:
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:08 pm

Well, if you are stuck I am willing to drive down on the 23rd and drive back with him and he could stay here, one more here won;t make any difference Rolling Eyes Laughing
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:02 pm

I'm so pleased bertie has found somewhere wonderful to go :luv:. I seem to have agreed to board a couple of bunnies during the festivities....but they are a rather lovely pair of ex-Happy Hoppers. Smile
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:22 am

Yup, just sorting out the fine details, but my little guy's going to Theos for Christmas...I actually think I'm envious of him Laughing
Just want to say Thank-you to Bertie's Archangel, and to everyone that offered to help, it's really generous of you all :luv: Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rice Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:07 pm

Yay for Theo saving the day! I'm sure Bertie will have a great time! Very Happy
Rice
Rice
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2718
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:38 pm

Bertie's little Xmas adventure! Glad you got sorted out.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:33 am

Yay for Theo.... only just seen this, as I would have offered but think a journey to Lincoln may have been too long! Theo is a little angel isn't she! Bertie is going to have an eventful festive period!
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:44 pm

Yes, we are really looking forward to having Bertie stay with us but we are really worried about the travelling and fear it may be too long for him?, it will take about 2 to 2.5 hours by car and Jay says he doesn't travel well,
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by racheld69 Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:01 pm

oh no! it is such a shame it is those dates or he could have come and had a sofa all to himself here! Sad
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next