Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never clean a rabbit out when its windy .....

5 posters

Go down

Never clean a rabbit out when its windy ..... Empty Never clean a rabbit out when its windy .....

Post by proudmummy Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:03 pm

.. the weather not the rabbit that is lol

I finally gave Johns a proper old clear out - I haven't been a really awful bad bunny mum and neglected his cleaning - but since everything gone on, its not been as tip top as it should have been <please be mad1>. Always make sure poo/wee is cleared out every couple of days and am not leaving him in a dirty hutch, promise!

However, bearing in mind this afternoon was one hell of a windy day... clearing out sawdust, wet with wee and containing pebbles was a rather horrendous task today. I had to try to hold the black bag up whilst scooping big handfuls of the stuff and getting it in the bag before the wind blew it (of course typically the wind was blowing towards my face therefore I was chomping sawdust Rolling Eyes )

I tried to pull the shutter across so he didn't come up the ramp and try to get in the way as he always does cos he hates me clearing it out, but there was too much sawdust so he was all over the place - nudging me, pushing my hand and trying to bite me as he really doesn't like me interfering, even though it is for his own good and he doesn't realise.

Took me nearly an hour to clean up, refresh newspaper sawdust, hay, new food, water etc and a general tidy up and do I get any thanks .. nope, just a disapproving look. But what else can I expect hey??? Laughing

Have attached 2 photos - one of the hutch and one of Johns under his favourite bush where he spends most of the day.

He introduced himself over webcam last night to Charlotte lol

Never clean a rabbit out when its windy ..... Johnshutch2

Never clean a rabbit out when its windy ..... Johnundabush
proudmummy
proudmummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2271
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Never clean a rabbit out when its windy ..... Empty Re: Never clean a rabbit out when its windy .....

Post by senatorvass Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:45 pm

You made me laugh! I did feel for you reading your post!!! And I so know what you mean as well sometimes you are in the middle of doing some rabbit maintenance thing and all of a sudden you think "how did I end up here?!?!?!?" Once we were trying to get our difficult bunnies in and somehow it ended up with us hiding in our shed (which is next to the hutches and very full! So it was me and husband and son standing up like sardines!) for like 15 mins and just... hoping, they would go in and we could leap out and shut the doors!!! And then there was me on Wednesday trying to get in a burrow behind a million rose bushes to pull out nesting material! They do drive us demented dont they!! Maybe you have to be demented to begin with to take rabs on!!!! Laughing

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Never clean a rabbit out when its windy ..... Empty Re: Never clean a rabbit out when its windy .....

Post by NickieM Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:49 pm

I really do think that they like playing games with us. Wolfie knows to try to get into the run when it gets a bit dusky because I am going to close it off and then he can't get down the burrow. It's a game of skill with us. I go out and he is out in the open, but when he sees me coming he shoots into the run as if to say, Ha Ha.

Gloria just makes a beeline for the food in the hutch, she's not stupid!
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:53 am

I well remember those days of trying to clean out the hutches in all sorts of weather. Trying to get sawdust and hay and newspaper in before they got wet was sometimes impossible. I am so glad we invested in the shed, it has certainly made life so much easier. Very Happy
Never clean a rabbit out when its windy ..... TheNewShed001
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Rice Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:44 am

Silly Johns, not letting you clean out his mess! Laughing I'm glad my two are inside, if I had to go outside in the cold to clean them I don't think it'd get done very often at all Embarassed Laughing
Rice
Rice
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2718
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by proudmummy Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:19 am

wow your shed is fab jo!

johns doesn't mind making himself comfy though lol although i was most disapproving at the rain today making all the nice new fresh hay i put down wet! mind you johns spent all day outdoors so he obviously isn't that fussed by the wet ... little blighter!
proudmummy
proudmummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2271
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down