Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blanche-Roberta has gone mad in this windy weather!

+2
Catsknickers
Corrina
6 posters

Go down

Blanche-Roberta has gone mad in this windy weather! Empty Blanche-Roberta has gone mad in this windy weather!

Post by Corrina Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:04 pm

Have just watched my Blanche-Roberta have a mad few minutes. Theyre all a bit crazy today, particularly everytime there is a gust of wind. BR's Grandmother, my dearly departed Roberta Cheryl, used to go loony in this type of weather, particularly on one occasion when her ears got blown inside out. I used to refer to the behaviour as "Roberta's got the breeze in her bobtail".

Have just watched Blanche leap in the air then fling herself on a big pile of freshly-dug soil, which she then rolled in, then played dead until Skippy hopped over to investigate. Her mood seemed to effect him cos he began to nibble her bob-tail, then they chased each other round for a minute. Soon the whole group were running round and being silly.

Anyone elses buns influenced by weather?

Corrina
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2010-08-22

Back to top Go down

Blanche-Roberta has gone mad in this windy weather! Empty Re: Blanche-Roberta has gone mad in this windy weather!

Post by Catsknickers Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:20 am

Haha! I can just picture her. The diva! Mine have been disgusted by it all and Bella has refused to leave the shed. Ratty pokes his head out and then hops back in. Only Easter has been effected. Not that I see her but her furious digging and flinging of litter everywhere is a sure sign!
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Blanche-Roberta has gone mad in this windy weather! Empty Re: Blanche-Roberta has gone mad in this windy weather!

Post by KatieB Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:01 pm

I thought you were going to say she was a terrified little bunster then!

Must feel good to feel the wind in your fur!!! Laughing
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Corrina Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:08 pm

Aw, little Easter! Its not nice for them. Everytime there's a gust I see startled and disgruntled expressions. Their shelter has been blown to pieces, have got to go n put the roof back on.

Corrina
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:39 pm

My girls run and hide in their bed when the weather's bad and I come to get them to put them on the lawn!!! They are always the first to be caught when it's time to go back to their hutch too Blanche-Roberta has gone mad in this windy weather! 811805
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Becki Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:25 pm

Laughing Mine always get excited in the wind as well!? Its like 'OOh this is scary but so exciting!' Laughing Dylans cover had blown off this morning & I thought she'd be in a right old state...She was actually FAST asleep in her litter tray, oblivious!
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Corrina Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:51 pm

Yes, its as if they think something invisible is touching them, but they cant suss out what it is, so go all silly!

Corrina
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:46 pm

Mine don't really like it when it is windy. I wonder if it is because it affects their hearing and makes them more nervous because they can't hear potential predators as well. Also plays havoc with you fur!
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Corrina Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:56 pm

I took some photos of mine with ruffled fur and flat ears!

Corrina
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down