Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS SO CRUEL - Please help!*content warning*

+9
foxyfaerie
*Spider*
sally1974
NickieM
Rice
racheld69
senatorvass
Catsknickers
kitkatmoo
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

THIS IS SO CRUEL - Please help!*content warning* Empty THIS IS SO CRUEL - Please help!*content warning*

Post by kitkatmoo Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:49 pm

Mad
This makes me so mad - I don't know if it's a wind up but just in case it's not.....

Please follow this link:
http://www.savehoppy.com/

Read about it in the metro yesterday! How can people get aware with this?? Surely it breaches animal rights.

Last edited by Sooz on Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Content Warning added)
kitkatmoo
kitkatmoo
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

THIS IS SO CRUEL - Please help!*content warning* Empty Re: THIS IS SO CRUEL - Please help!*content warning*

Post by Catsknickers Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:06 pm

This is disgusting. I get the impression it isn't for real, however it should be reported, but where can it be reported too???
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

THIS IS SO CRUEL - Please help!*content warning* Empty Re: THIS IS SO CRUEL - Please help!*content warning*

Post by senatorvass Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:12 pm

I am being a chicken here - could you kind of tell me what it is a little before I click on the link? I am scared I will see something truly horrific and I dont feel up to it Sad But I do want to know if that makes sense. Tell me how bad it is then I will open link!

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by kitkatmoo Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:24 pm

There is nothing horrific on the link as such, sorry I should have said that. Basically there's a couple who found a rabbit and aren't allowed pets in their apartment, as a result they have set up a website whereby you have to vote to save him or for them to kill him cook him & eat him! If they don't get 2000 votes combined by the end of the moneht they say Hoppy (that's his name) is going in the stew.

I'm not sure how genuine it is but they certainly seem to have gone to a lot of trouble.

I don't know where you would report to either - that's what I wondered. Although looking at it further, there is a legal section on the site which maintains this is genuine & he has checked out whether or not he is in breach of any animal cruelty laws & allegedly he is not. It also appears this is based in America rather than here as they refer to the ASPCA.
kitkatmoo
kitkatmoo
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:24 pm

It's these people saying they have found a rabbit and they can't keep it so there are 2 choices and they have left it up to the internet to decide. Do they eat it, or let it live?!?!?! It is sad and pathetic and will be some halfwits idea of humour.
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by senatorvass Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:34 pm

Oh my god that is horrible! They need to be reported to the American Humane Society. I will do it myself later today I cant right now as I am looking after & playing with Alex and only have a second here and there to myself but I will do it. Sickos. Clearly they have very little concept of real life and its true nature.

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by senatorvass Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:35 pm

Thanks also for explaining to me I will look at the link later I was just scared I was going to see something really graphic or something! Sorry to be a pain!

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by senatorvass Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:25 pm

I just had a very quick look at it and its awful. I just dont get it.

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by racheld69 Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:41 pm

this is horrible - have you seen this bit:

http://www.savehoppy.com/legal.php
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3256
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Rice Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:54 pm

Oh my gosh, that makes me sick Shocked Sad
Rice
Rice
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2718
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:19 pm

This is probably a really nasty hoax. I very much doubt that hoppy exists.

Be very careful clicking on this as it may take you somewhere and infect your PC. Hoaxers often use emotive stuff like this that will provoke a strong response so they can try to get viruses into your PC.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by kitkatmoo Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:30 pm

senatorvass wrote:Thanks also for explaining to me I will look at the link later I was just scared I was going to see something really graphic or something! Sorry to be a pain!

Hardly a pain - my fault for not putting it on in the first place. I'm the same, don't like to click without knowing what I'm going to.

Re: the virus thing from NickyB- I'm not sure this is one purely because it was in the paper & I'd like to think they'd check if it had anything to do with a virus befoer printing it encouraging people to have a look. I could be wrong though - we are talking about the media! Rolling Eyes But good point beacuse I never even thought of that.
kitkatmoo
kitkatmoo
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by kitkatmoo Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:31 pm

Sorry - NickyM - I have a friend called NickyB and was on auto pilot. Sorry Nicky!!
kitkatmoo
kitkatmoo
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:44 pm

You can call me anything you want as long as it isn't rude or has old anywhere!! Laughing Laughing
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by senatorvass Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:49 pm

The virus thing is a good point but I agree that if it was in the paper it was probably checked out??? Or is that naive of me? I still wouldnt put that link on my website (not that I have one) because isnt it going to encourage them to do more cruel stunts like this? And other people to copy them? What a sick trend. After my son has gone to bed I am going to show this to Matthew and see what he says. I feel I have to do something though I dont know what. Its awful.

The thing I am wondering is - this idiot claims in his legal disclaimer that it isnt illegal because Hoppy is HIS property. I question the legality of that statement. By that logic no animal cruelty laws could ever apply if they were with regards to a family pet and we KNOW that isnt the truth. I will phone police and humane society anyway - just because this horrible person SAYS it is legal doesnt mean it IS legal. It could be a bluff.

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by sally1974 Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:24 pm

I hope this is a hoax, I cant believe some people poor rabbit.
Sallyx

sally1974
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1419
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by *Spider* Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:34 pm

They have his stew recipe on there Crying or Very sad
*Spider*
*Spider*
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1004
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://www.myspace.com/hettyrulesuk

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:48 pm

This is distressing me now.
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by senatorvass Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:04 pm

Catswhiskas wrote:This is distressing me now.

be careful hun you were feeling low today anyway. xxx

I will report these people tonight. It is awful that so many people exist in the world who are so contrary to how we all feel... both about animals and people.

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:45 pm

I am so glad you know who to report this too x
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by foxyfaerie Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:15 pm

kitkatmoo wrote:There is nothing horrific on the link as such, sorry I should have said that. Basically there's a couple who found a rabbit and aren't allowed pets in their apartment, as a result they have set up a website whereby you have to vote to save him or for them to kill him cook him & eat him! If they don't get 2000 votes combined by the end of the moneht they say Hoppy (that's his name) is going in the stew.

I'm not sure how genuine it is but they certainly seem to have gone to a lot of trouble.

I don't know where you would report to either - that's what I wondered. Although looking at it further, there is a legal section on the site which maintains this is genuine & he has checked out whether or not he is in breach of any animal cruelty laws & allegedly he is not. It also appears this is based in America rather than here as they refer to the ASPCA.

There was something similar last year - although I think it was a skint student and her "beloved" pet rabbit, so I think it's more likely to be some sad individual perpetuating this in different forms Evil or Very Mad Mad

foxyfaerie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by senatorvass Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:00 pm

I have just filed an official complaint with the internet crime center of the FBI. See here these good people

That is all we can do as the lovely people who made this website neglected to put their contact details on it scratch so I dont know what state they are in to contact their police department.

Regardless of whether it is a hoax or not it is an internet crime as defined by the Humane Society so should be reported. And I have done!

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by senatorvass Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:27 pm

The website is hosted by www.godaddy.com.
You can go here and file a complaint with the hosting site requesting that they remove...
e.g.
Please remove this distasteful and threatening website which you are currently hosting.
It has already been reported to the Internet Crime Center and may bring negative attention to godaddy if you don't remove it.

This is where you can leave your comments

I'm sure they won't like to get a tonne of negative press.

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by racheld69 Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:42 pm

it is distressing me too charlotte. it is awful and i feel so helpless.
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by racheld69 Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:44 pm

i have posted on the go daddy site
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next