Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VIBES NEEDED Please - Big Mamma Has a Lump

+5
Becki
Catsknickers
Josephine
Snowy
DixieLuBun
9 posters

Go down

VIBES NEEDED Please - Big Mamma Has a Lump Empty VIBES NEEDED Please - Big Mamma Has a Lump

Post by DixieLuBun Fri May 15, 2009 10:36 pm

Advise I went out to Big Mamma tonight the female Giant to find she has a lump just by her ear, it wasn't there yesturday and have to admit didn't see it this morning. She was at the vets Monday and she was given a clean bill of health and her Myxi Vac as she was due to go to her forever home this monday after being bonded back with her man. Which I must say I haven't done yet because of the lump I wasn't sure what it was.

I am going to the vets tomorrow morning with her and hoping she is ok but what could it be, the last time I saw a lump like this it ended up as an absess and Grace being PTS after a long battle with it.

I can't believe this is happening to her just before going to her forever home with her bunman. She is still eating and binkying round the garden and having a fight to get back in her hutch. So I don't know what is happening. confused

Please send loads of Vibes for this Lovely Giant Bunster. Hugs
DixieLuBun
DixieLuBun
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 638
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

VIBES NEEDED Please - Big Mamma Has a Lump Empty Re: VIBES NEEDED Please - Big Mamma Has a Lump

Post by Snowy Fri May 15, 2009 10:40 pm

Sending loads of vibes for her, I really hope she will be OK, do you think it could be a reaction to her Myxo Vaccination?
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

VIBES NEEDED Please - Big Mamma Has a Lump Empty Re: VIBES NEEDED Please - Big Mamma Has a Lump

Post by DixieLuBun Fri May 15, 2009 10:43 pm

I don't know I am still all new to the issues of Bunny Health, however with the bunnies lately I'm sure learning fast that things can happen sooooo quickly. She had her Myxi on Monday this week I will take in her Vac Record card with me to vets tomorrow morning when I go. None of the other's have had this happen to them. confused
DixieLuBun
DixieLuBun
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Fri May 15, 2009 10:48 pm

When she was given her Myxo Vaccs did the vet inject most under her skin and then a bit into the base of her ear?
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Fri May 15, 2009 10:53 pm

Sending <<<<<<VIBES>>>>>> that the lump is not serious. good luck at the vet tomorrow.
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by DixieLuBun Fri May 15, 2009 11:03 pm

I can't remember if it was behind the ear or not I know they injected some then finished off else where, but her future mum was with us as she is the vetenary receptionist there and had just been getting cuddles from her and her husbunny. She has even been given her new name by her mummy Big Mamma is going to be called Hilda.

I am hoping all goes well at the vets tomorrow will keep you updated when i get back.
DixieLuBun
DixieLuBun
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Fri May 15, 2009 11:09 pm

I am sure it will be fine, try not to worry, sending her loads of vibes
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Sat May 16, 2009 5:04 am

Oh Dawn I can't believe this. I am so sorry to hear she has a lump. I know with bunnies the initial reaction is to panic, but it sounds to me like you have caught whatever it is, really early. It could be an abscess. If so, don't panic. (well try not to) and please let us know what they say, asap. Sending lots of vibes from Brunei xxxxx
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by DixieLuBun Sat May 16, 2009 10:03 am

Back from the Vets, and yes we have an abscess and huge one (to me it is anyway) so she has been put on daily injections and Baytril till Tuesday when I have to take her back to vets as our Local Rabbit Expert will be back in the practice and will be able to operate to try and remove it.

I just can't believe this is happening and how quickly it has happened. The main thing is it hasn't grown any since last night and she is eating, just hope now that come Tuesday all goes well so she can go to her forever home with her Husbunny.

(It's very hard not to panic and worry I love them all sooo much)
DixieLuBun
DixieLuBun
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Becki Sat May 16, 2009 10:17 am

Oh no! Sad Tons & millions of vibes!!! X
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2083

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Sat May 16, 2009 11:44 am

Oh Dawn what a worry, sending Big healing vibes for Big Mamma x
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Sat May 16, 2009 11:58 am

Sending lots of (((vibes))) for her. Please don't worry too much Dawn, if it hasn't attached to any bone the prognosis is much better. Not all abcesses eventually result in PTS and a few are simply removed and never heard of again following aftercare.
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Sat May 16, 2009 3:40 pm

Oh crikey, I am so sorry this has happened to you, you really are having it all at once, I am sure she will be fine with the medications and as Sooz said not all abcesses reult in PTS, I have had bunnies have them and recover very well and go on to live 'normal' lives, please try not to worry too much

Good luck Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by DixieLuBun Mon May 18, 2009 1:07 pm

Big Mamma ok today lump still there not going anyware. She is at the vets again tomorrow but I will have to leave her as the Vet wants to take a look and see if it can be removed. (I do hope so) If it can then it will all happen tomorrow so I have been in bits. With Big Bob on more injections and stump squezing, Ammie eating like a horse to keep up with her babies and now Big Mamma with injections and loads of TLC. I don't know how the rest of you do it. I love them all to bits my kitchen is like a bunny hospital and resting place. But I wouldn't be without them. Love Hugs
DixieLuBun
DixieLuBun
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Mon May 18, 2009 3:36 pm

There really is very little that's easy about being a rabbit owner...apart from maybe the cuddles Love.

Hope all goes well tomorrow. Hugs
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jan Mon May 18, 2009 8:09 pm

hope all goes well sending some (((vibes))) Love
jan
jan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by DixieLuBun Tue May 19, 2009 8:13 pm

Big Mamma went in for her Op today and I had to go to work so have been awaiting the dreaded phone call from the vet to give me the news. But no phone call so I called them at first she was in the middle of the op so had to call back. When I did i spoke to the rabbit speciallist who informed me she had just undergone a major op that was more than they were expecting in the first place. She had an abscess but no-one knows how it was caused only that it started in her inner ear cannal. She has had to have part of the cannal removed along with the abscess and a new hole made on the side of her head for the drainage of ear wax and the presure you have in the ear generally. So I have been told as you look down her ear you will see nothing as it is closed the ear is their for cosmetic looks the hole will be the new ear for hearing ect.

The best part is she has survived this major op it will be my duty as from tomorrow to make sure she recovers from it fully, she has to stay indoors for a while so in the process of finding a space in the house to put her, already begged and borrowed a large indoor cage for her to go in. But she is coming home tomorrow so will be able to give cuddles. Her new mummy has been on the phone to the vets and myself every other hour for updates as well. Big Mamma (Hilda) IS GOING TO Make it through this. Love I do hope so anyway.
DixieLuBun
DixieLuBun
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynda Tue May 19, 2009 10:30 pm

Aww that's good news! Our Fudge has an inner ear abscess which flares up every so often. He's had a few ops to try and clear it up but it always comes back, it doesn't bother him now though as he already has palsy on that side of his head/face so there's not much feeling there, and he was already deaf on that side anyway. He has a hole just under his ear which scabs over and when the pus builds up, it sort of erupts out of there. I also have to have a dig about down his lug to get as much pus as I can out that way too. The pus is a lot thicker as it's mixed with ear wax. Our vet also tried Tiacil/Gentimicin drops into the ear each time it was operated on but the abscess still came back. He's a lovely happy boy though and it never gets him down, bless him!
Lynda
Lynda
Rescuer

Number of posts : 682
Registration date : 2008-08-01

http://www.bunnyhugger.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Wed May 20, 2009 12:23 am

That is good news, sending lots more <<<<VIBES>>>>> for her continued recovery.
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by DixieLuBun Wed May 20, 2009 8:48 pm

Big Mamma home yippee she looks lovely. A little swollen round her ear but otherwise she look fantastic. She is in the kitchen along with the other bunsters don't know how I've fitted her in as she is in a large indoor cage same size as Big Bob so have two medium cages and two large cages cramed in. Will try and get pics of her later when settled down. Love
DixieLuBun
DixieLuBun
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Wed May 20, 2009 9:21 pm

Can I just say Dawn, she looked fab today and once again, you are doing a sterling job xxx
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by DixieLuBun Wed May 20, 2009 9:56 pm

VIBES NEEDED Please - Big Mamma Has a Lump CIMG1741

VIBES NEEDED Please - Big Mamma Has a Lump CIMG1742

Big Mamma aka Hilda didn't want to lift her ear as she is a little swollen but the new ear hole is just under, she is well. Love
DixieLuBun
DixieLuBun
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Wed May 20, 2009 10:00 pm

She looked well earlier. Beautiful big girl. Love
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Thu May 21, 2009 8:34 am

I'm glad it's gone so well Dawn, healing vibes for your big girl Love
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down