Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vibes for Peanuts Surgery please! u/d :(:(

+13
Rice
Tracyuk
jan
ElleyMay
Josephine
AprilGirl
Becki
lopz
Jay
Happy Hoppers
rallybunny
Catsknickers
SarahJane
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Vibes for Peanuts Surgery please! u/d :(:( Empty Vibes for Peanuts Surgery please! u/d :(:(

Post by SarahJane Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:42 am

Today is the day. I have made Peanut Butter hes little lunchbox, i have put pellets, dried pineapple, an alfalfa log stuffed with hettys hay (we found in a field, he loves it!) and 2 apple oxbow cubes. all his favorites.

We are leaving in half an hour. I have never felt this sick in my stomach before. Before its felt like, nerves but i havent felt this scared. The "40% chance" keeps echoing in my head.

I know i want to do this as opposed to lifetime meds as he hates it, last night he got so stressed he bit his own claw and pulled it right out!Shocked its no life for him. At least this way he has a chance.

Please could you think of him today, i am so afraid of losing him, and the worst part is, today i cant say to myself "dont be silly, he'll be fine".

SadSadSad

Last edited by MissySJ on Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Vibes for Peanuts Surgery please! u/d :(:( Empty Re: Vibes for Peanuts Surgery please! u/d :(:(

Post by Catsknickers Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:19 am

Thinking of you hun, please update us as the day goes on xxxxx
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Vibes for Peanuts Surgery please! u/d :(:( Empty Re: Vibes for Peanuts Surgery please! u/d :(:(

Post by rallybunny Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:21 am

Lots of vibes. XXX
rallybunny
rallybunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 859
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:30 am

Thinking of you both today, I hope all goes well.

(((vibes))) Hugs
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:25 am

How scary, big vibes for your boy will be thinking of you both, keep us informed x
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:05 am

Ill get a call around 12-1pm so ill update you all then. Talked to dad about a shed for peanut and he seemed okay with it. at the vets today she explained his leg is always going to be stiff and he will likely develop arthritus THIS winter, but almost certainly next winter. I said that i wanted to get a shed and she said that would be ideal as he would have more floor space and would build his leg muscles up more to help the healing and to prevent it coming back if we made it soft for him.

on the way back from the vets today, mum said "lets call into focus" now weve done this twice so i wasnt holding out much hope, but as we drove in there was a 6 X 4 shipland shed reduced to clear, slightly (very slightly) damaged.

£289 down to £159. we thought the original price seemed OTT but the £159 seemed pretty reasonable so mum said "lets just get it youre not going to get a better price than that"

go to the checkout and they realised the £289 was for a METAL shed, and the original price of our shed was actually £199. therefore...the REDUCED price was not £159, it was £109!!!!

Then mum had a 10% off card... so it was £98.88

Im so happy, its going to be delivered thursday but i need to paint it, put it together and make some modifications i.e a catflap and stuff, but peanut wont be well enough for around 10 days so its PERFECT!
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by lopz Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:49 am

o you're getting a call now, but have faith!
lopz
lopz
Banned

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Becki Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:56 am

Glad you managed to get him a shed Sj. What surgery is he actually having done? Sorry if Ive missed this, been holed up in bed ill so not taken much in even if Ive read it! Try to remain positive, I truly thought I was going to lose Rhia last summer (Dont know if you remember but she was literally at deaths door, huge long illness..) & although shes been left with scaring, she has bounced back & is as strong and feisty as ever now!! What Im trying to say is dont give up hope, there is always hope. Try not to overly worry, I know its easy because you love them but you could wake up tomorrow & one of the others be gone. Ok Im going on now, Good Luck PB & Keep us updated Sj Very Happy X
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2083

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:08 pm

basically he had an abcess and it keeps coming back so they are now taking the abcess caspule out but its risky.

im glad hes got his shed, he HAS to get better now Smile im going to make it so nice for him!
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by AprilGirl Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:01 pm

Thinking of you and Peanut today! Hugs

He's in good hands and will be in even better hands when he gets home to you and have a lovely new "crib" he'll be the envy of all the buns!

Lets us know how he is!
Emma x
AprilGirl
AprilGirl
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 511
Registration date : 2009-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:11 pm

He is waking up now. she said the surgery went reasonably okay, she couldnt get out as much of the scar tissue as she wanted as some of it was too close to the nerve and there was no way she would be able to avoid the nerve. She has got out the caspule the abcess is in and the majority of the scar tissue around it. His leg has stitches in it and she is going to see how he is later.

He has had alot of pain relief and they may keep him in over night if they feel he needs more pain relief by injection as opposed to oral.

She said it went reasonably okay, not as well as she hoped but definatly much better than it could have been.

x
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:19 pm

Sending recovery and pain relieving vibes for Peanut and big Hugs for you.
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleyMay Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:02 pm

Glad to know he is out of the surgery, still sending vibes! Stay strong.
ElleyMay
ElleyMay
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1551
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by jan Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:31 pm

Sending ((vibes for peanut)) and Hugs for you.
jan
jan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:58 pm

Phew, sounds as if your vets done as much as could be done SJ, healing vibes for PB Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:27 pm

he has to stay in overnight, as he is alot of pain SadSad im gutted, i want him home Sad

But i know he is in safe hands.
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:45 pm

I'm sure he'll be so tired and doped that he won't even realise he isn't at home with you & Jelly and tomorrow he will feel much brighter.

Try and stay positive for him Hugs
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:56 pm

im not worried as such i just miss him. hes eating, pooing, less than an hour after surgery, hes just so greedy nothing will stop him!

hes been so brave. I hope we can have a little good luck now.
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:04 pm

Glad the little guy has pulled through. Thinking of you hun and sending vibes to Peanut x
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracyuk Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:41 pm

Sending peanut lots of vibes. Sounds like he is a little fighter and doing really well!
Tracyuk
Tracyuk
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1335

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:24 pm

Peanut is now back home. His leg looks nasty, ill post some photos when he lays down and i can get one without touching him

He looks so sad, hes hunched up in the corner of the indoor cage shaking like a leaf with his eyes closed. Jelly was happy to see him and keeps grooming him.

Thank you for all the vibes and hugs, I hope this is it now. He is having a check up in 2 weeks and to have the stitches out, so fingers crossed.

x
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rice Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:20 pm

Glad you've got Peanut home now! Vibes he continues to get better xx
Rice
Rice
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2718

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:18 pm

adding piccies in a min to photoshoot section x
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:13 pm

Im devastated.

Peanut has been doing very well, hes in much less pain and has come out for a run about a few times in the past few days. The vet told me to give him as much freedom as he wants, dont force him to come out, but dont restrict him either.

Hes been using the leg quite alot, its been wobbly and stiff but hes been happy. This morning i noticed him nibbling a stitch but he stopped. Gave him lots of nice toys etc to amuse himself instead

but I have just got him out for a check over, and there is puss seeping from his leg. Not from his hock, from where the surgery was done. he has eight stitches and its pussy in between 2 of them.

Have cleaned it, but the vet said if we see puss at any stage its bad, but if we see it up to a week after its very bad news, as it means its multiplied quickly.

He had surgery tuesday. Its now saturday. Im heartbroken, the outcome for him now is very poor.

This is all my fault
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleyMay Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:16 pm

It's not your fault at all. You're doing all you can for the little guy. Try to stay positive!!! Sending lots of vibes!
ElleyMay
ElleyMay
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1551
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next