Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seeing Emma Keeble - U/D pg4 - She's Home!

+7
jan
Happy Hoppers
Jay
NickieM
SarahP
Sixer
Rosie Rabbit
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Seeing Emma Keeble - U/D pg4 - She's Home! - Page 2 Empty Re: Seeing Emma Keeble - U/D pg4 - She's Home!

Post by Rosie Rabbit Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:31 pm

Thanks Jay and Vanessa for your lovely words. Smile

Am feeling a bit frustrated as I phoned at 3.30pm to see how Rosie was, to be told that the vet was busy with her and would call me when they were finished. They said she wasn't eating much. Sad

Well, 3 hours later and I haven't heard from them. The hospital is shut now and I can't get them on their main number and have no other way of contacting them. So I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow morning for any news. HBWS
Rosie Rabbit
Rosie Rabbit
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2016
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Seeing Emma Keeble - U/D pg4 - She's Home! - Page 2 Empty Re: Seeing Emma Keeble - U/D pg4 - She's Home!

Post by Catsknickers Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:44 pm

Thinking of you and Rosie. I think that the sooner she is home the better. I know you are going through hell at the moment. I just want you to know we are all here for you. I think it is disgraceful that no one has got back to you though.
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Rabbit Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:26 pm

Thank you Char, that's really kind. Smile

I'm annoyed that no one has called as they promised - it's not helping!
Rosie Rabbit
Rosie Rabbit
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by thumpersmum Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:03 pm

Oh poor Rosie, I hope she'll be better tomorrow, I'm sure that being in her own environment will help too.

I really understand your frustration with them not ringing back, she is your bunny and you obviously want to know how she is. I think that iswell out of order.

Big hugs for you all. Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

thumpersmum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1212
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:01 am

What time can you ring Helen? I have been thinking of you and Rosie all night xxx
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:23 pm

Goodness, that is appalling that no one has contacted you. I am so cross and upset for you.

I am praying that Rosie is home with you soon.

All my love and hugs are being sent northwards to you all xx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleyMay Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:16 pm

I'm so sorry!!
ElleyMay
ElleyMay
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1551
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Rabbit Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:30 pm

Thanks so much everyone for thinking of us, I'm really touched. Love

Well, we have Rosie home now! Very Happy She seems fine, but tired. I will update more later as I am blinkin' knackered and have to go to bed myself!
Rosie Rabbit
Rosie Rabbit
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:36 pm

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance I am so pleased for you. Give her a nosey rub from me! Love x
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:58 pm

I am so pleased to hear Rosie is home with you Very Happy

A big nose rub from me too xx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleyMay Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:09 pm

Yay! Glad she is back with you! I'm sure being home will make you both feel much better!
ElleyMay
ElleyMay
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1551
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:37 pm

Oh poor Rosie, that's quite a collection of ailments she seem's to have accumulated there. Sad

How old is she now Helen...
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:39 pm

I'm so glad she's home, big noseys from us Love
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Rabbit Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:14 pm

Right, I'm just about back in the land of the living now. Laughing

Thanks for all your kind thoughts and nosey rubs - they will be passed on.

Sooz, I'm not sure of her exact age as she was a rescue. We've had her almost 5 years, and our vet thought she was a young adult when we got her - so she's at least 6, but possibly 8 years or more. Most of her symptoms have appeared in the last couple of months, and I think she's just getting old. Sad

I managed to get them on the phone this morning (after a little more hassle!) and I told them I wasn't too happy that no-one had called me back yesterday. Apparently the vet was told to call me back when they were free, but obviously forgot. Rolling Eyes To be fair though, they had contacted me first thing yesterday morning to update me, and it was me who decided to phone in the afternoon for a quick check on how Rosie was doing. But they should have got back to me.

Anyway, we went to pick her up earlier and it was soooo good to see her. Very Happy The vet and nurse spent about 50 mins with us explaining everything before she was discharged - I was quite impressed with that. They are most concerned about her lungs - she has "severe changes" (and effectively only one working lung) but they are still not sure whether it's an infection, inflammation or a tumour. The only way they'll be able to tell is if they repeat x-rays in 4-6 weeks. They want to see her in 2 weeks again, but I may ask if I can combine that visit with getting the x-rays redone as it's a long journey and the less she has to do it, the better. She'll have to have another GA for the x-rays (I asked) but it should be a much shorter procedure than this one.

I'm nervous about her having too many GAs - especially with her lung problem, but we'll just have to wait and see how she is over the next couple of weeks at home. I have this feeling that they are going to keep suggesting more and more complicated procedures but we'll just have to try and judge what is in her best interests - this whole experience has been pretty traumatic for her.

Having said that, she seems pretty much fine in herself now, though very sleepy. She's eating and pooing, grooming herself and hopping about - though mainly just chilling on her favourite rug. Love Oh - she does have a swollen ear, but I'm going to post about that in the Infirmary.

We're home with half a pharmacy though - she's to be on Septrin, Flagyl, F10 for nebulisation ( Shocked never done that before), Zantac, Metacam and Maxitrol eye drops. Phew!

Will keep you updated with her progress - thanks again for your messages (and for reading my essays Laughing )

Last edited by Rosie Rabbit on Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:16 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : to add info)
Rosie Rabbit
Rosie Rabbit
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by thumpersmum Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:31 am

So glad she's back home, what a traumatic time for you all.

I hope she continues to improve, you're doing a great job! Thumbs Up

thumpersmum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1212
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:45 pm

Sorry I have missed all this as I haven't been on so much lately due to work.

Hoping that Rosie makes progress and that they can get to the bottom of whatever is ailing her. It is so worrying, but good that she is in such experienced hands. Hugs to you for all the worry. Hugs Hugs
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2