Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A late night with Herbie.

5 posters

Go down

A late night with Herbie. Empty A late night with Herbie.

Post by Sixer Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:51 pm

Herbie and I visited the emergency vets late last night as he had stopped eating, looked uncomfy and his tummy didn't feel quite right. The vet could hear gut sounds but which were overly noisy. There was also mention of spurs on his back teefs Sad Herbie's last dental was 6 months ago.

I declined the offer of hospitalising him with a view to a dental today, and brought him home with an array of meds and a lighter purse.

There then followed the trauma of trying to syringe feed him. Herbie hates it and refuses to co-operate No He ends up with his fur full of food and me covered in it too. I began to wish I had left him behind for the vets to deal with Hmmm

This morning I was up early to check on him and thankfully found him sat in his litter tray eating hay Very Happy and he then took some pellets from my hand. He has been bouncing around in the sun today too Very Happy

In retrospect I think he had a bit of a gassy tummy last night but I will take him to see a trusted vet for another opinion on his teeth.

At times like this I wonder why I have bunnies, I turn into a real stress head when something is wrong Sad
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

A late night with Herbie. Empty Re: A late night with Herbie.

Post by Rosie Rabbit Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:04 pm

Yay for Herbie! Very Happy cheers

That must have been such a relief for you this morning when you found him eating. So glad to hear that he is OK today. I hope his teeth are not causing him trouble.

Sixer wrote:At times like this I wonder why I have bunnies, I turn into a real stress head when something is wrong Sad
I'm so with you there. To be honest, it was one of the reasons we waited so long after losing Rosie - I wasn't sure if I could cope with all the stress of poorly bunnies again. It's horribly stressful when there's something wrong with them. Sad
Rosie Rabbit
Rosie Rabbit
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2016
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:30 pm

Hope it was just a gassy tummy.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:58 pm

Heres hoping for gas too.

God - what they put us though! Im really glad he is okay though!
Ive said it so many times, but I think having poorly bunnies is just the most stressful thing ever. Ive always had pets and never experienced the stress daisy has brought me.....but although ive always loved my boys and girls, I dont think ive ever quite fallen so in love as I am with bunnies either.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:53 am

I'm glad you got through it, the stress is so awful, I don't know if it;s the same with other animals, but when buns go wrong, it's really debilitating. I guess partly cos we know how fragile they can be.

I'm glad he's ok Hugs
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down