Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mansion Size Guides?

3 posters

Go down

Mansion Size Guides? Empty Mansion Size Guides?

Post by Magoo Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:19 am

Hi everything. Beautiful morning here Very Happy

I am working on Pippin's bunny mansion and am a little concerned that I'm not going to be able to make it big enough. The guidelines are 6ft by 2ft by 2ft but we don't have space for the 6ft bit. Instead the plan was 3ft long with the width being 3ft too and then the height being 3ft also with platforms to jump onto. So the whole thing would be 42in x 42in x 42in. This just sounds too small Sad Because it isn't near 6ft like the guidelines suggest and we had planned to have another bunny with Pippin at some stage in the future. It will be quite high though but still I'm not sure that really counts as 'proper' space for him to stretch.
Magoo
Magoo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1193
Registration date : 2009-03-25

http://bellasbunnies.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Mansion Size Guides? Empty Re: Mansion Size Guides?

Post by ElleyMay Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:47 pm

Well... is 42in X 42in X 42in bigger than what he has now?

The great thing about the nic cubes is you an always add onto them... the other great thing is that you can always go up if you run out of room left or right.

If you're concerned about the length or width maybe you could get rid of a level and go one cube longer length wise or width wise (making it a rectangular shape rather than a square)?
ElleyMay
ElleyMay
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1551
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Magoo Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:04 pm

Yes it's bigger than what he is in now. And his is all on one level now too. I never realised how small his cage is until I started planning this one! I mean, it's not tiny and without anything in it he would have plenty of room to run, hop and binky around but of course he has his litter tray and food bowls and water bowl and toys and bed etc etc etc!

I will give the idea some thought about taking it down a level and making it longer/wider.
Magoo
Magoo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleyMay Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:07 pm

Well if it is bigger than what he has now then that is definitely a plus!

You could always try it out now, as is, and change it later if you feel he doesn't have enough room?!?

Very Happy Have fun with it, and don't be too stressed!
ElleyMay
ElleyMay
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Magoo Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:10 pm

That is the good thing about those panels. I can change it if I don't like it and we can have fun with it Smile It is a lot of fun designing it and I know we'll work something out that he loves.

Thanks Very Happy
Magoo
Magoo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleyMay Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:11 pm

Magoo wrote:That is the good thing about those panels. I can change it if I don't like it and we can have fun with it Smile It is a lot of fun designing it and I know we'll work something out that he loves.

Thanks Very Happy

Exactly! Thumbs Up
ElleyMay
ElleyMay
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by LilleJente Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:08 pm

My indoor space is 5ft by 4ft and 2 floors high so their over all floor space is 10ft by 4 ft but tbh i hardly shut them in, so they then get the whole room added on - I look at the space and feel they have a lot more room then the buns in hutches outside - I think with the room included it is more space then my ones get in the avairys - I know 6ft is recommended but tbh I still don't think they are that huge Hmmm I went to buy more 6ft hutches from the RSPCA and they ddn't even go that high, they had a 5ft hutch there that was what they rehomed their pairs into Shocked I couldn't believe it, it was so small Sad I asked about it, and they lady said they thought it was adequate room for a pair Shocked Rolling Eyes -so imo I think your space size is fine, adding in levels and ramps and shelves make a home so much more then just the size of 6ft, and tbh my lot love having height, They would rather be up top then at the bottom, I think levels and funs stuff is more important then meeting a 6ft length.
LilleJente
LilleJente
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1273
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.four-legs-good.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Magoo Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:14 pm

Thanks for your reply Smile It can be confusing when looking at the guidelines because even though the hutch isn't 6ft the overall combined space will be a lot with the platforms.

Plus it is just Pippin on his own at the moment and he still isn't full size. The good thing about these panels is that you can add more so that's always an option when we get Pippin a wifey.
Magoo
Magoo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down