Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sad rabbit behaviour

+6
thumpersmum
Jay
LilleJente
Sixer
NickieM
Snowy
10 posters

Go down

Sad rabbit behaviour Empty Sad rabbit behaviour

Post by Snowy Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:38 am

As you all know we lost our beautiful Mabel 10 days ago, she was an indoor bunny and lived free reange in the kitchen, originally with her partner Mack and after he went to the bridge in 2008 she was bonded with Frankie, they loved each other but the bond wasn't as strong as it was with Mack, however initially Frankie seemed OK but for the past 4 or 5 days he has taken to weeing in the spot that Mabel used to lay on her towel, I have shampood the mat and scrubbed the floor but he just goes back to the same spot and wees again, it's really sad and he looks quite lost without her, do you think it's his way of grieving?
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Sad rabbit behaviour Empty Re: Sad rabbit behaviour

Post by NickieM Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:42 am

I don't know if it is grieving or not, but it does sound sad. Maybe it is just the smell he is reacting to.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:36 am

Poor wee Frankie Sad

Have you a spare girlie bun for him?
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by LilleJente Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:58 am

I know how you feel Theo, ever since I lost Ivy, Benji just hasn't been as happy even now with other bunnies to cuddle up to, he often moves off on his own. He comes to me for his loves, and would just sit with me all day every day if he could - I know he's been through a lot, but he's not as happy as he once was. I know he misses Ivy so much, but I do too, and I think he knows that as well, so we have each other, and he does cuddle with fudge and Izzy, but he spends a lot of time just laying in the tent where him and Ivy would spend a lot of time. I never even thought their bond was hugely strong esp after loosing bracken, but I guess it was a lot more then I thought. I think bunnies are a lot like us, they really experiance loss, and sometimes i don't think they ever ever forget the feelings a smell or place brings.

When I went to visit Alison and Tinkerbell (an x-foster bun) I went round meeting all the bunnies, and fussing and giving treats, Tinks cam running over, sniffed me and freaked out - the whole time she was with me was such a hard period, she was badly treated and human shy, but I had to force myself on her for urgent meds and treatments, to add to it all she was preggers, so her meomory of me isn't good, she is so happy with Alison, and it was such a shock to see her revert to growling and boxing, after she had gotten so much confidence. But it was the memories and feelings my smell brought back - honestly I was a bit sad, but i don;t mind coz she has a fab home now, and i helped get her there, even if she doesn't like me, at least she is happy.

Anyway my point is, I believe with all my heart bunnies feel and remember, just as we do. And just like us some are more sensative then others. Just be his friend like you would to anyone who has just lost a loved one.
LilleJente
LilleJente
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1273
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.four-legs-good.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:07 am

Oh Poor Frankie Sad I don't doubt he's grieving, in his own bunny way. I hope he'll find another bun to love and to love him, he's such a sweetheart x
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by thumpersmum Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:57 pm

On No not my poor little Frankie. Give him a big noserub from all of us, poor thing. Hope you can find him a new friend soon.

(Failing that he can always come and live with Sooty and Sweep???? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy )

Last edited by thumpersmum on Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

thumpersmum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1212
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:02 pm

Poor Frankie Sad I definately think he is grieving.... Sad
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Acorn Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:34 pm

It does sound like he misses her, he probably remembers that is where she was so maybe he thinks he can find her there? I am not sure but I think he does miss her! =[
Acorn
Acorn
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:41 pm

I think he must be missing her terribly. Heartbreaking.

Sending nose rubs frankie. Sending hugs for you Theo too, because it must be very hard worrying about his grief as well as feeling your own. Hugs
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by AprilGirl Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:07 am

Poor little Frankie, what a sad story.
I hope he finds happiness in somebun again, in the mean time give him extra love and attention and we send lots of nose rubs from me and Shadow here Crying or Very sad
Emma x
AprilGirl
AprilGirl
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 511
Registration date : 2009-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down