Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about multi rabbits, adding another...

3 posters

Go down

Question about multi rabbits, adding another... Empty Question about multi rabbits, adding another...

Post by Kate7590 Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:22 pm

Hi all.

As alot of you probably already know I have 4 rabbits that live together in perfect harmony, a nuetered buck, nuetered doe and 2 un-nuetered does [still young]

This has worked really well coz they have a LOT of space [you can see their set up in my recent photoshoot thread] so can get away from each other if they want to.

Now when I moved into our new house it broke my heart to leave Bramble, my lovely harli buck, with my parents. Even though he is looked after like a king I still miss him loads and wish I could have him here!

He isnt nuetered coz hes about 6 or 7 I think hes too old and the op would be too much for him.
Obviously I wouldnt introduce him to my lot until my does are nuetered anyway, but wondered if anyone thinks this would be a viable option?

Bramble didnt want to live with Charlie and Annie when I last tried them, but I think his smell was very strong in the area I tried them in, so he felt teritorial [sp?]

Id love him to live with my other 4 but couldnt keep him seperatly here.

Any ideas?
Kate7590
Kate7590
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Question about multi rabbits, adding another... Empty Re: Question about multi rabbits, adding another...

Post by NickieM Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:37 pm

I don't know if you would be able to keep an intact male with the does even if they were speyed as he would still want to do the business with them. His hormones would still be there.

Hopefully someone with more experience can help.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Question about multi rabbits, adding another... Empty Re: Question about multi rabbits, adding another...

Post by Jay Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:29 am

You may risk the bond that your 4 have already, an entire male could really put the cat amongst the pigeons, but I don't know this. I'm sure that there have been buns neutered at his age before, but I can understand why you'd not want to risk it.

As above, hope someone else can help you with this one.
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate7590 Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:43 pm

Thanks for your replys, I think I was just living in a bit of a dreamworld last night as I was thinking of Bramble, but I dont honestly think it would work. Hes happy where he is anyway so its probably not fair to move him now either.
Kate7590
Kate7590
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down