Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opinions needed about an introduction.

3 posters

Go down

Opinions needed about an introduction. Empty Opinions needed about an introduction.

Post by Indie22 Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:51 pm

Ive posted a few pics of jeff and the 2 girls during introductions, well they are happy, you can put them together anytime, in hutches, in runs or free run and they love each other.

I have a pair, Nougat a big gentle shy lion lop and the male nethie she was originally bonded with. This male is aggressive and territorial to me which means in his hutch she doesnt get much one to one and if I talk to her samson gets grumpy with her. I also noticed a few small nips on her bum and lower back the last couple of weeks. I have been torn about splitting the two but I dont want her missing out or learning bad habbots from his bad attitude.

I introduced nougat to jeff today just to see what happened and see my option. He instantly washed her all over, got excited and threw himself upside down next to her in ultimate love. I bit the bullet and intoduced the 2 young girls straight away and they adore her two. They have been half lost in her ears washing them so thoroughly. She is accepting it but has never had a bad bone in her body anyway.

Now that they are all out there getting on and only 1 of them is new do I just go for it and put them together. Reason I need opinions is I would have to do it today. Samson may not be very happy at nougat for smelling of other rabbits so they now have to be seperate and I would need to move hutches about, add doors back on and put ramps in again. What do you all think. Leaves the nethie as a lone bun but allows me to work on his streak.

Indie22
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 536
Registration date : 2010-03-08

http://www.eladonnsreptiles.com

Back to top Go down

Opinions needed about an introduction. Empty Re: Opinions needed about an introduction.

Post by KatieB Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:20 pm

You have to do whats best for all of them I know. But id feel bad for little lonely boy.

But then you cant let nougat get bullied either.

Oh dear what a dilemma. Im useless for this sort of thing...hopefully someone who is better than me will come along soon.

Good luck and nose rubs to all whatever you decide.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Opinions needed about an introduction. Empty Re: Opinions needed about an introduction.

Post by Indie22 Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:34 pm

Mmm, they have been as a group of 4 all day, everyones relaxed enough to wash each other, themselves and eat. It chucked down so had to bring them in. I put them in a single hutch to watch them all day, not loads of room but means I will see them in the worst situation and still happy. Thing is either way Jeff was the lone boy before but I worked with him, now loves me, games and loves other rabbits. It was a shame for him to be on his own while the grumpy territorial one had a friend he was bullying so out of the 2 id rather samson was on his own and I worked with him to build his confidence and hopefully stop him going for me.

This way would give me 2 groups of 1 male to 3 females which is what ive had sucess with. Then samson. If he improves in a few months and tames better then its not to say I wouldnt buy a new hutch and friend.

Indie22
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:56 pm

Sounds like a good solution. Your nethie sounds like mine. He is a bit of a beast too and is very 'big man in a small man's body'. I think Nougat deserves to have a better experience and as you say, it gives you time to see why the nethie is such a grump.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Indie22 Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:54 pm

I done it, been out watching them for ages, put all the ramps back in, redone toys etc and they are all so excited and so friendly to each other. Quite shocked how fast ive done it as I usually introduce very slowly but ive never seen them happier lol. I have to watch the other group as they have contact through the mesh and sometimes they herd poor cookie away from them and she gets a wee nip for a few days but if that doesnt happen all is fine. Just spent some time with grumpy too.

Indie22
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Indie22 Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:00 pm

SUCCESS! Just put light off and locked up ant they couldnt be happier. Im hoping the extremely outgoing nature of the two young girls wears off. They run to me for kisses and did tonight, nougat had a quick sniff of my face before running off lol

Indie22
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down